Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 Month Evony Tournament

Default 1 Month Evony Tournament

I would like to see every year Evony holds a 1 month server with altered rules than their normal servers.

The tournament lasts 1 month, so march times and build times are twice as fast.

Players pay a 1 time fee to get into the server, and can coin up to an amount that is capped.

You only get 1 town, and if that town gets 0d your out. The final 15% loy drops like the first 85% to make it tough for bots to protect towns.

Alliances have 3 days to form, after the 3rd day you must remain in that alliance.

There are no truces, or free upkeep.

The winning alliance is the alliance with the most sacked towns at the end of 1 month.

Ok... a few problems.
    Not enough people. There won't be anywhere near enough people that would be willing to pay and probably coin for a month of playing.

If all loyalty dropped at same right, all a player would have to do is spam attacks and they win. Done. Or get their friends to spam attacks while he does it too, and have them hit at same time. Player would not even get a chance to comfort. It'd all be about online times, and whoever is on for the longest time wins.

Sometimes it takes longer than 3 days to find the alliance right for you. Definitely for me.

Thanks Morgan for the awesome signature and avatar!
    <15:28>[NoobTank]: i might not be here for all u know
    <15:29>[smoothme]: true u might b a figment of my constipation
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: dont u mean imagination lol
    <15:30>[smoothme]: oh yeah lol
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: not quite the same thing lol

I agree with everything you just said, thats why I suggested this as a once a year thing, that is different than the norm. Something players can look forward too all year. 1 server every January the best alliances get together in a 1 month server and fight each other to see who is best.

The reason why I said 3 days is because I would envision most alliances will be going in already knowing who the members would be. Most people will alredy know which alliance they are going to be in before the 1 month tournament server started.

Ill bet if the players knew this was coming once a year, the 11 months before would be a giant recruiting battle. it would be talked about and alliances would talk smack all year. It would give certain people bragging rights to say they were on the 2011 Evony Tournament of Champions #1 team.

I think it would be fun, and something people would look forward too all year long. If you get knocked out you go back to your old server and wait until next year.

A twist on this would be everyone gets a mature account. Start everyone off with say 1mill of each non mech unit and 200k of each mech unit. Leave troop build time the way it is. $30.00 fee to join. Everyone gets 15 star set and ten queens. City is prebuilt to your liking. Like in NASCAR, give everyone the same tools and see who truly is the best. No coining. Or I'd u do coin, then what you spend on this server also gets u same stuff on a regular server of you choice so after the month the $1k u spent won't be wasted. I would suggest no coining though just to keep the winner to truly who is the best at knowledge of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CC_NA9 View Post
    A twist on this would be everyone gets a mature account. Start everyone off with say 1mill of each non mech unit and 200k of each mech unit. Leave troop build time the way it is. $30.00 fee to join. Everyone gets 15 star set and ten queens. City is prebuilt to your liking. Like in NASCAR, give everyone the same tools and see who truly is the best. No coining. Or I'd u do coin, then what you spend on this server also gets u same stuff on a regular server of you choice so after the month the $1k u spent won't be wasted. I would suggest no coining though just to keep the winner to truly who is the best at knowledge of the game.
    This brings up the issue of whether this is an age1 or 2 concept or 1 for each age.

I'MMMMMMMM BAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

norr is basically a lesser version of shep
    hes not as awesome as me, but hell do root (nod)

coining no coining, take away the bots give everyone the same amount of troops and ur all royaly F***** !!!

BRING IT ON !!! hehehehehe

DeathINC Hall of famer, co-founder of DeathROW, humble veteran of War

And I am ready for more....

War - Rulers of evony

My point remains that not enough people will pay to play for a predefined amount of time for this to be worth it for evony.

I disagree...people spend $50 for a couple to go to a movie, that lasts 2.5 hours. It costs $250 to play in a softball tournament that lasts 1 day. I paid $25 to go to a bowling fundraiser, I paid $75 bucks to rent equipment and ammo to play in a paintball tournament.

People will pay an entry fee for 1 month of entertainment in an ultra competitive Evony environment. People pay far more for way less all the time.

Assuming enough will pay to make it worth it for evony - which they won't, evony has also stated on multiple occasions that they will never make a server which requires players to pay to join, because it goes against the whole free forever thing. And if you say that then it shouldn't cost money to join, just lasting one month, not enough will coin for 1 month. Players would much rather coin on a server that will last.

And discounting all this, even if evony got enough people to pay to join the server to make it worthwhile, it wouldn't make anywhere near as much money as a normal server, making it completely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by CC_NA9 View Post
    i think this might be the best way to work it. but i do like the idea. minus the entry fee