Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NPC Resource Rate Times/Solution(s)/Discussion

Exclamation NPC Resource Rate Times/Solution(s)/Discussion

Well you all know that NPC Resource rates have been nerfed, By my calculations its around 24hours...

In this game(The way its been made) i can make 150k-200k archers per 24hours. (Some of you will be able to make more).

Now, with producing that many troops how on earth can i feed them ?
    Plundering players is boring because they will either hide the resources in the market or they have very little resources themselfs...
    I know for sure (without doing the maths) With 40 level 9 food resources patches over 9 citys would probably struggle to feed 200k archers.... Lets not even think about cavalry...

Troops consume too much food as it is and the way they eat food is insane, They need to also rethink the troop upkeep

(I myself dont care which)

1) Re-think about the regenerate time and lower(6-8hours?) or... Or completly remove it.
    2) Fix the way, how troops/armys are eating, Its insane...
    3) Remove the regenate time and set it back to standard and put a hard cap on the amount of resources players can own... 300 - 500m of each resources appears to be fair..

Please keep the abuse/flame out of this topic, I will just remove these sort of posts.
    This topic is now a general discussion topic on the NPC matter, All other threads will be merged into here.

Thanks

//SIGNED.

Edit: feel free to fire your ideas ahead, these are just mine. - Thank you.
    Edit: Changed title etc

disclaimer: I am not evony staff, Im a moderator on these forums, I am entitled to my opinions.
    Last edited by Gazza; 05-30-2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: updated/edited.
    ~~ ~~ ~~

better if they just reduce the food upkeep.

I like the idea of enforcing the hard cap, but 300-500m is still excessive.

I agree with 1 and 2!!!
    The consumption of food is rediculous!
    Server 3
    Name: Kelevera
    Alliance: Vitalia

*Pimps don't commit suicide*

I vote for #2 the amount an army eats is insane, and needs to be looked at. Either that or do some major buffing on how much a farm produces. I personally wish they would buff farms. The majority of my towns have 19+ level 9 farms and they barely scratch the surface of what my troop upkeep needs.

2) Fix the way, how troops/armys are eating, Its insane...
    3) Remove the regenate time and set it back to standard and put a hard cap on the amount of resources players can own... 300 - 500m of each resources appears to be fair

I agree with this the troops eat way to much and there is no realistic way to feed them unless you farm npcs for the food.
    Last edited by Cougaar; 05-27-2009 at 11:42 AM.

I agree!

A 6-8 hour regen time is more than fair, 24 hours is insane.

I do think this is a way to encourage war, which is fine. but if they level the playing field too much, whats the point? Its harder to attack and win with a troop cap on number of troops you can send, and if defenders have more, than its just endless rebuild times.

Troop eating habits are fair, if they dont modify the way we feed them IMO. It does keep a cap on army sizes. But the nerf of npc will encourage farming of lower lvl players, which is bad for long-term viability of the game. What new player is going to want to stick around just to be a resource farm?

Good call Gazza!

I vote for all three solutions.

6-8 Hours stops consistant farming on one city.
    Troops do consume to much food.
    The cap is nice, but the those numbers seem way to excessive.

Time to start sending my troops out on suicide missions, before they just die out of hunger.

i think the time should fluxuate depending on the level of the barbarian.... i dont see why it takes 24 hours for a level 1 barb to regen....

I am not a fan of the new update AT ALL. its a bit depressing since the game is already super slow. even just raiding other players. you wont make much profit attacking someone hours away... you would hardly be able to keep up with the loses of troops. Then you only get to play with whats left for resources... witch will be hardly any... There has to be other ways like setting caps on resources or something.

its going to take me like 4-5 days just to get one archery update to 7... just to get the money... I understand for higher players on other servers its so they dont get too tanked out... but for newer servers and players its even hARDER... let a lone being attacked by players plundering you while you try to make troops you lost after an NPC battle...

Personally I hate the new update and i fully support the petition 100%.
    Last edited by Jersm; 05-27-2009 at 11:41 AM.

I am ready to quit the game once my army dies of stavation, Which to my calculations would be around 14days =)

I dont want to play a game where i can only have a 50-100k army that eats an insane amount of food...

Like i said, they designed this game... I can make 200k archers per 24hours... Yet i cant feed them? whats going on here?

Going back to having 50k archers makes me feel like i have no power or nothing :/
    ~~ ~~ ~~