Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide to beating the bot

Some cities can be near impossible to take if the scripter knows what they are doing. There are so many different ways for botters to protect their cities, that I would not be able to anywhere near make such a guide. If other forum-goers have input on this, and enough people contribute to such an under-taking, I would be happy to do so.

However, no matter how good a scripter is, you can always time waves to hit and take resources at the same time, so eventually, you'd be able to take down a city, whether that is killing the troops, or taking the resources. However, this would require more brute force than anything. If you compare a botted war city, and a non botted war city though, it's much the same thing. Yes, skill is involved, but generally, you'll still need to outnumber the defender dramatically.

Thanks Morgan for the awesome signature and avatar!
    <15:28>[NoobTank]: i might not be here for all u know
    <15:29>[smoothme]: true u might b a figment of my constipation
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: dont u mean imagination lol
    <15:30>[smoothme]: oh yeah lol
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: not quite the same thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayr View Post
    Some cities can be near impossible to take if the scripter knows what they are doing. There are so many different ways for botters to protect their cities, that I would not be able to anywhere near make such a guide. If other forum-goers have input on this, and enough people contribute to such an under-taking, I would be happy to do so.

However, no matter how good a scripter is, you can always time waves to hit and take resources at the same time, so eventually, you'd be able to take down a city, whether that is killing the troops, or taking the resources. However, this would require more brute force than anything. If you compare a botted war city, and a non botted war city though, it's much the same thing. Yes, skill is involved, but generally, you'll still need to outnumber the defender dramatically.
    Hypothetically speaking, though -

Assuming the botter did not share logins, how would you take out this city:

1 x instant hero through phracts
    initially: 1mil arch, 200k ballista, 200k pults, 100k rams, minimal other fodder
    a bot set to que
    and 5+ billion of each resource?

Quote Originally Posted by Abdiel View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, though -

Assuming the botter did not share logins, how would you take out this city:

1 x instant hero through phracts
    initially: 1mil arch, 200k ballista, 200k pults, 100k rams, minimal other fodder
    a bot set to que
    and 5+ billion of each resource?
    Even with insta through phracts, pop limits what he can make. Wipe the troops with either mech and cav/scout waves, or phracts, depending on his walls. Make sure you have a 50% heal. Time everything within 1s of eachother, and let it rain. Then send phracts and trans to clean him out.

Well now that AgeII has been well and truly overrun with botters this should be probably across both servers.

Nothing wrong with studying the botters code to find any chinks. However, there aren't any. None at all. Come to our server where sister alliances are setup for botters account to serve the main host of the alliance. Rediculous troop numbers. It's not about taking a city here and there. It's about hosts of alliances having Millions and Millions of troops as they draft their sister alliances which they have botting and suz'd. Who cares about 1 city when you know that the host is going to port on any one of your members and whipe them clean IN AN INSTANT because they have so many troops?

Therefore, this guide means nothing because it's missing the point. You think they care about 1 city being lost? Get loy down to 5% with sheer luck and you're faced with 32Mill arch, 5Mill Ballista, 4Mill Pult and then some.

The games gone people - it's been lost to botters. Unfair to say Evony do nothing? Not true, WE have reported these people over and over and nothing has been done about it.

Wasting your time trying to beat the system. It's a stage 4 cancer now and nothing can be done to reverse it. It's completely acceptable. Am I upset? You betcha because I've been playing for years and years and it's been a complete waste building up my Alliance and player. Someone said 'Why bring a knife to a gunfight'? They were spot on. Games been shot to hell....... unless you're going to upgrade to a gun of course

Quote Originally Posted by ausmpw View Post
    Well now that AgeII has been well and truly overrun with botters this should be probably across both servers.

Nothing wrong with studying the botters code to find any chinks. However, there aren't any. None at all. Come to our server where sister alliances are setup for botters account to serve the main host of the alliance. Rediculous troop numbers. It's not about taking a city here and there. It's about hosts of alliances having Millions and Millions of troops as they draft their sister alliances which they have botting and suz'd. Who cares about 1 city when you know that the host is going to port on any one of your members and whipe them clean IN AN INSTANT because they have so many troops?

Therefore, this guide means nothing because it's missing the point. You think they care about 1 city being lost? Get loy down to 5% with sheer luck and you're faced with 32Mill arch, 5Mill Ballista, 4Mill Pult and then some.

The games gone people - it's been lost to botters. Unfair to say Evony do nothing? Not true, WE have reported these people over and over and nothing has been done about it.

Wasting your time trying to beat the system. It's a stage 4 cancer now and nothing can be done to reverse it. It's completely acceptable. Am I upset? You betcha because I've been playing for years and years and it's been a complete waste building up my Alliance and player. Someone said 'Why bring a knife to a gunfight'? They were spot on. Games been shot to hell....... unless you're going to upgrade to a gun of course
    Firstly. You're talking about age II. This is age I.
    Two. This thread is NOT for complaining about bots. If you wanna do that, fine. But don't do it on my thread.

Thanks Morgan for the awesome signature and avatar!
    <15:28>[NoobTank]: i might not be here for all u know
    <15:29>[smoothme]: true u might b a figment of my constipation
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: dont u mean imagination lol
    <15:30>[smoothme]: oh yeah lol
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: not quite the same thing lol

There are ways to defeating the bot. Reset is the bot's 1 weakness. attack at reset as mr bot stops in anticipation of reset sweep and u can rob it easily. that would include feeder cities which are not armed enough and therefore gates are set to close. of course main cities are armed; but if u basically know what he has; u send waves timed to hit in the 20 min window reset gives u. trust me; done right. bot guy never sees it coming and he wont know which city to defend until after reset. expect hate mail; so its only for the pirate type person. it is piracy afterall. LOL In a main city; he will lose troops if he leaves gates open. In a feeder; he loses either his farm teams or his stuff. if his main closes gates; then u only have to contend with breaking walls; then march trans with cav. no matter how much abs he has; it wont be enough. the trick..is to get within a certain distance that he dont see u. then launch attack at a certain time just b4 reset. Evony already knows what time as a certain player has made a career doing it. A career of infamy. range and what u send is the key. land within reset window..undetected; and u have him. U ask for a level playing field; I got that for you. Its my gift; but its also a curse. Some players either dont like losing troops or dont like losing rezzies. and even some others that dont like getting robbed by a player 1/100th his prez either.
    Skill wins wars; not massive armies. Evony will do what is right in its due time. But while we wait; they are already laughing at how many players sleep at reset and get robbed.
    I will be reviled in pointing this out. its cool; its a game. But a computer program is no match for a human and never will. So death to the cylons. So say we all.

once upon a time there was a little girl named debbie who wanted to jump over the rainbow but she...

Quote Originally Posted by echo77 View Post
    There are ways to defeating the bot. Reset is the bot's 1 weakness. attack at reset as mr bot stops in anticipation of reset sweep and u can rob it easily. that would include feeder cities which are not armed enough and therefore gates are set to close. of course main cities are armed; but if u basically know what he has; u send waves timed to hit in the 20 min window reset gives u. trust me; done right. bot guy never sees it coming and he wont know which city to defend until after reset. expect hate mail; so its only for the pirate type person. it is piracy afterall. LOL In a main city; he will lose troops if he leaves gates open. In a feeder; he loses either his farm teams or his stuff. if his main closes gates; then u only have to contend with breaking walls; then march trans with cav. no matter how much abs he has; it wont be enough. the trick..is to get within a certain distance that he dont see u. then launch attack at a certain time just b4 reset. Evony already knows what time as a certain player has made a career doing it. A career of infamy. range and what u send is the key. land within reset window..undetected; and u have him. U ask for a level playing field; I got that for you. Its my gift; but its also a curse. Some players either dont like losing troops or dont like losing rezzies. and even some others that dont like getting robbed by a player 1/100th his prez either.
    Skill wins wars; not massive armies. Evony will do what is right in its due time. But while we wait; they are already laughing at how many players sleep at reset and get robbed.
    I will be reviled in pointing this out. its cool; its a game. But a computer program is no match for a human and never will. So death to the cylons. So say we all.
    what if the target has a 200b gold wall?
    how you going to "rob" it?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Quote Originally Posted by Melri View Post
    what if the target has a 200b gold wall?
    how you going to "rob" it?

Easy. just takes a few days is all.
    (\__/)
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

once upon a time there was a little girl named debbie who wanted to jump over the rainbow but she...

hehe heya mall

freakin server's still down. pft...
    (\__/)
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

ur only robbing it for the duration of reset. gold is just as good as anything else. lol if he does not mind giving up his gold; then keep hitting til he does mind. har;har!