Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Devil which is school food

Angry The Devil which is school food

I am posting this on the evony forums as well as yahoo answers, as I want to know what a variety of people think.

Ok, US school cafeteria food is disgusting. I thought the food would get slightly better in high school, but boy I was wrong.

First of all, there's the diversity problem. When I was in elementary and middle school, I lived in an affluent city, Pleasanton, California. We were served known brand foods, as well as a variety of salads and such. So pretty good, right?

When I was in 7th grade, I moved to a bigger city in NC.

Needless to say, the food there was horrible. Maybe it's the bigger city or the fact the median salary is less. I don't know.

But thing was, I was served 5 chicken nuggets or one slice of pizza per lunch pretty much everyday (that ration was pretty much same for 5th-8th grade). The cheese was disgusting (like rubber tires), and some turkey thing they made once in a while seemed like it was partly rotten.

So how are growing teens supposed to get their nutrition?

In high school now, we are more underfed, and for the first time, I am packing my lunch more then buying.

At least I will have better choices and a bit more taste in my drink.

So community, what's your thoughts?

Any experiences yourself?
    HCs-14

"Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless."

-Adolf Hitler

i actually like high school lunches

I mean the rich cities provide decent lunches. The big cities just get it from sodexo.
    HCs-14

"Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless."

-Adolf Hitler

its free lunch get over it. what did you expect food to be like in school? everyone deals with it. Not really a big deal. Besides better for the money to go into the educational equipment then into better food.
    Sig by the lovely Luda
    Available Sigs

Eh, I go to a school of 2k kids, our lunches are pretty good. But I have to agree with Prodigy, if the lunch is free, well, beggars cant be choosers. Right?

<13:40>[Synyster]: wtf.... my gold is gone in my main

<13:40>[sorrow]: obama did it
    SS58- Retired
    158-Retired
    171-Active

It's not free. $2.40 for lunch. or 3 dollars.
    HCs-14

-Adolf Hitler

i don't know if you saw the program in the USA but jamie oliver did a whole series on the school lunch program
    it really all has to do with the local government and school board
    as long as the tomato sauce on the pizza is considered a vegetable i think you'll have a problem
    more info
    Last edited by Balaam; 02-02-2012 at 06:15 PM. Reason: added link
    blessed are the geeks: for they shall inherit the earth

In my bed... With a pillow between my legs.

I went to a public school in NYC (so yea biggest city you can get ) and our school lunches were decent, yea they weren't 5 star restaurant quality, but they didn't make me want to vomit everyday. As far as pizza, that was probably the worst I hated school pizza, chicken fingers were decent, french fries was the bomb diggity! Ravioli was my all time favorite. cheeseburgers were meh. I never really ate beef patties or sloppy joe's, they just didn't look too appetizing, although I regret not eating beef patties now because they are pretty damn awesome! (by beef patties I mean the Jamaican beef patties).

If there was absolutely nothing on the menu I wanted, I just went with the standard everyday thing they serve which was peanut butter and jelly.

Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough
    I don't know why
    Keep making me laugh, Let's go get high
    The road is long, we carry on
    Try to have fun in the meantime

We dont even have peanut butter and jelly.

Just Nachos, Pizza, pretty much.

I mean, there were okay days (when food was acceptable)

and bad days (when I felt like going home).

guess it depends on the region and stuff.
    HCs-14

-Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by Balaam View Post
    i don't know if you saw the program in the USA but jamie oliver did a whole series on the school lunch program
    it really all has to do with the local government and school board
    as long as the tomato sauce on the pizza is considered a vegetable i think you'll have a problem
    more info
    K thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gottibabe1 View Post
    I went to a public school in NYC (so yea biggest city you can get ) and our school lunches were decent, yea they weren't 5 star restaurant quality, but they didn't make me want to vomit everyday. As far as pizza, that was probably the worst I hated school pizza, chicken fingers were decent, french fries was the bomb diggity! Ravioli was my all time favorite. cheeseburgers were meh. I never really ate beef patties or sloppy joe's, they just didn't look too appetizing, although I regret not eating beef patties now because they are pretty damn awesome! (by beef patties I mean the Jamaican beef patties).

If there was absolutely nothing on the menu I wanted, I just went with the standard everyday thing they serve which was peanut butter and jelly.
    Where in NY?
    HCs-14

-Adolf Hitler