Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Dragoon

Talking The Legend of Dragoon

Has anyone played this game? It's for Playstation (one). I've just recently brought out my old PS1 and all its games Looking at my saved data, I logged 80+ hours on this thing when I was a kid! I'm going through the whole game again and it's just as epic as I remember.

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    "
    - Albert Einstein

I remember it fondly, it's one of my most favourite PS1 games. I'm a bit surprised they didn't make it into a series, considering the reception and fanbase it gathered.
    It's all Rodri's fault.

Talking

Apparently there's a bunch of petitions for a sequel. Hopefully something happens with that.

Going through it again now, it's kind of hard to get past the graphics sometimes. I remember them being much better when I was a kid. Probably because I wasn't spoiled by the graphics of today's games... There's times when the characters are just straight up pixels >.<

Even if they just did a remastered HD version, i'd be happy

What were you favorite characters? I'd say Kongol is, by far, my favorite. Then Lavitz or Dart.

"
    - Albert Einstein

I doubt a sequel happen at this point, given how long it's been.

Graphics don't bother me one bit. I've played games even older than this and enjoyed them fine. It makes no difference to me.

My favourite character was Rose, followed by Meru. I found their stories most interesting.
    It's all Rodri's fault.

Building a religion... a limited edition...

The professional critics regarded the game as a failure, however it amassed a fanbase that can be compared to that of games like Chrono Trigger. I'm still hoping that Sony releases it on PSN and starts developing a sequel, but that might never happen.

Favorite characters were Dart, Albert, Rose, and Meru

All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

I played it alot, I dont remember much from it though since my favorite game then was Final Fantasy, but I did enjoy the game. Unfortanetly though, when I started to really get into the game, I got a PS2 so I never got totally through the game, but it was good from what I played.

<13:40>[Synyster]: wtf.... my gold is gone in my main

<13:40>[sorrow]: obama did it
    SS58- Retired
    158-Retired
    171-Active

Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    The professional critics regarded the game as a failure
    I noticed that recently, I didn't know about it. But I tend to not trust them anyway, I've seen them rate good games very low and bad games very high. Though I do agree that random battles in TLoD were a bit too frequent and that the battles got repetitious rather fast, I think the thing that really drew everyone in was the story and setting.
    It's all Rodri's fault.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    I doubt a sequel happen at this point, given how long it's been.

Graphics don't bother me one bit. I've played games even older than this and enjoyed them fine. It makes no difference to me.
    I'd have to agree, but there's always a chance. I think they would/will do a remastered version if we all push for it on their site. That's what the ICO/Shadow of Colossus fans did. And the Jak and Daxter fans...

It bothers me when they're pixels... but it's only happened a few times so it doesn't really take away from the epicness of the game
    Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    The professional critics regarded the game as a failure, however it amassed a fanbase that can be compared to that of games like Chrono Trigger. I'm still hoping that Sony releases it on PSN and starts developing a sequel, but that might never happen.

Favorite characters were Dart, Albert, Rose, and Meru
    Ya I noticed that recently like Alu did. Gamespot gave it a 6.5 or some nonsense...

And Lavitz > Albert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synful View Post
    I got a PS2 so I never got totally through the game
    This reminds me of a comment I saw on a youtube video. The poor guy didn't have a memory card, so everyday he tried to get as far as he could. I remember I had to do that with CTR before I finally ended up getting a card :/
    I noticed that recently, I didn't know about it. But I tend to not trust them anyway, I've seen them rate good games very low and bad games very high. Though I do agree that random battles in TLoD were a bit too frequent and that the battles got repetitious rather fast, I think the thing that really drew everyone in was the story and setting.
    I've noticed that it doesn't really require level grinding... And you can run away from most of the random fights, so it's not that bad.

TLoD
    Also, isn't the acronym LotD?
    Last edited by eric0095; 02-06-2012 at 03:19 PM.

"
    - Albert Einstein

The Legend of Dragoon, rather than Legend of the Dragoon.
    It's all Rodri's fault.

The Legend of Dragoon, rather than Legend of the Dragoon.
    whats the difference?