Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hachi's Defense Guide (Everything)

Me personally prefer more attack value on my balli so if an sb gets in they Target balli and not puts , replacing balli far easier then replacing pults

Default wr's

Quote Originally Posted by lettersgetTINGBIGGER View Post
    Me personally prefer more attack value on my balli so if an sb gets in they Target balli and not puts , replacing balli far easier then replacing pults
    why lose any but one bally look at the wr i posted if you have things set up right thats all you will lose vs any where from 5-15k mech from a sb. most people when they run a mech D either run equall amts of pults and balls or more balls than pults which is actually the wrong way to run it if you know how to defend properly. just saying but then again I also know how to take out what everr mech D they are running, 5k, cd, it wouldnt matter case there is a formula out there to get at the mechs that 99.99% of players never use and they dont know the defense to stop it either one other thing if sbs are getting in and targeting either one of your pults or balli your gonna be in trouble no matter how you look at it.
    Last edited by xygent1; 02-09-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Uhh... Thats already been posted and I edited the OP.

You are correct, though.
    Sig by Jade

S131, 148, 156, 165 (retired)

You left out the part where you dump your alliance and run twice.
    Maybe that's in your other guide.
    Sig by the amazing Morgan le Fay

FireDawg!/SirThomas SS47 - Retired
    CorePrime S148 - Retired
    CorePrime S156

If you have nothing to contribute to the nature of this thread, being defense, then please leave personal matters out it, Core.
    Sig by Jade

S131, 148, 156, 165 (retired)

Quote Originally Posted by BigNorr View Post
    In a 5k no reason to not make a few extra balls and some pults so you can easily drop to mech D if you need to, especially in this time of massive heroes early server on the newer servers mech waves are being used earlier and earlier. As to CD you do not need all those layers in the defence that is optional it all depends on if you are willing to take SBs on your walls or arch or not. You also didn't mention that trebs also set range to 5k which could leave some newer players thinking they are ok to leave on for CD. I would also disagree on closing your gates ever unless to prevent descouting or if for sure they are going to smack you. If you still have over a couple dozen rangesetters you are fine to stay open because if you close a simple little cav spam wave will strip all existing abs which may be more a setback then anything. As to CD vs mech waves I would recommend it as a last resort if you can't move everything out on time or if you physically do not have the mechs for mech D. A good mech hero will easily knock down full walls and take out over 500k arch with a large mech wave. In addition if CD is being used beware of keeping large amounts of mechs in your city as any arch wave or mech wave that would normally not hurt the mechs if you were in 5k will totally shred your mechs once ATs are down. Also a further point about dirty SBs, keep in mind that it is not exclusively a 1k cav 99k scout wave that can be used this is just a frequently used option. Any attack filled out with scouts will bomb the unit that is furthest advanced on the battlefield. For example once they are under 150k arch and thin to no layers a 10k 10k ball/pult and 80k scout wave will wipe the arch and still hit the balls as the mechs will wipe the other units. So players need to keep in mind popping out a couple of thin layers may not save them. I was gonna comment on how you said you need 4:1 scout to ball ratio for mech D and its actually 22.5:1 but you corrected yourself later in the post. Also players can keep in mind these are not a requirement and only serve to deter sb's. Though I find alot will use more dirty sbs then straight up scouts as they dont have as much risk to the hero because if they arn't wiped out they won't go to 100 rounds and lose every time allowing for larger heroes to be used. Think that's all I have to say on this for now but other then a few things which are really individual player discretion not a bad guide.

Also for 5k defence work and warr will not layer for arch against arch/cav waves so make sure it's pike, sword, or ponies you have popping up to defend against them.
    "reads the first sentence. looks at wall of text. yawns and agrees with norr"

Quote Originally Posted by estrickland89 View Post
    you make me wish the red rep system was still in place
    Quote Originally Posted by Mati2 View Post
    I wish that everyday because of Emma6.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCurley View Post
    acer made me change my avatar f acer

Quote Originally Posted by Hachi View Post
    If you have nothing to contribute to the nature of this thread, being defense, then please leave personal matters out it, Core.
    Just find it cute you posting two guides you claim as your own when others contributed greatly. Kind of sad.
    I also find it hard to take seriously any guide by someone who never really attacked or defended very well. Truth be told, the Hachi defense guide should include two steps:
    1)Truce.
    2)Holiday
    Last edited by Firedawg!; 02-11-2012 at 02:10 AM.

CorePrime S148 - Retired
    CorePrime S156

Hachi its funny how you post these guides and when i played on s148 with you all you did was truce when someone ported in on you and once your truce was up you would port out and holiday your account lol. You would constantly brag about your troop counts but in the end you had no idea what to do with them, toughen up hachi dont be such a baby it is just a game afterall. If you lose your troops just rebuild them like everybody else does in this game. On top of that you would start a huge war with an alliance and as soon as they started coming after our alliances you would go into holiday mode, you were such a great VH to Lords keep up the great work pftt!

Lol interesting.. someone who apparently can't defend writing a defense guide...
    Think I might write a cooking book

This may be useful as a basis but I wouldn't say particularly helpful for new players. The last thing players without experience what to do is be worrying about changing their defense every half a second. Personally, with my noobishness and laziness, I find it so much easier just to load a city with 4 or 5 mil scouts, 100k ballis, 5k rams and 100k pults and just maintain range on my walls. Sure you'll lose a few in some hits, scout bombs hit the scouts, reverse bombs are painful to ballis so you need to keep refilling about 10k rams in the city every round of hits but so far it's kept me going for days since, especially if you do have about 300k rams on hand and back up scouts and ballis, its pretty hard to break apparently.

"Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."
    - R. D. Laing

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiCricket View Post
    Lol interesting.. someone who apparently can't defend writing a defense guide...
    Think I might write a cooking book

This may be useful as a basis but I wouldn't say particularly helpful for new players. The last thing players without experience what to do is be worrying about changing their defense every half a second. Personally, with my noobishness and laziness, I find it so much easier just to load a city with 4 or 5 mil scouts, 100k ballis, 5k rams and 100k pults and just maintain range on my walls. Sure you'll lose a few in some hits, scout bombs hit the scouts, reverse bombs are painful to ballis so you need to keep refilling about 10k rams in the city every round of hits but so far it's kept me going for days since, especially if you do have about 300k rams on hand and back up scouts and ballis, its pretty hard to break apparently.
    That's actually not a bad way to go. This lazy player may start doing that lol.
    And I already wrote the Gemini cookbook:
    1) Remove pop-tart from foil wrapper
    2) Place into toaster
    3) Wait for pop-tart to come back out of toaster

CorePrime S148 - Retired
    CorePrime S156