Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Hachi's Defense Guide (Everything)

Quote Originally Posted by Hachi View Post
    Yeah.. I wrote the guide as intended to be just troops you keep in every city for defense.

Ever since evony got rid of the moving mech at scout speed, we can no longer effectivly move mech across states and across servers with any speed. So this is just like a turtle.
    Well aren't you a pleasant soul. Ask for others to give their opinions/defenses but then slam them and imply they're wrong and their ideas are useless.

"Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."
    - R. D. Laing

Say what you want.

I know the kind of player I was, and where I was good at it. I was never a great attacker, and never claimed to be. I would port around and hit what I could.

And I have no idea where anybody is getting the idea that I was a terrible defender. Two people have actually cleared a city straight up.. RageOfWar and KingWilbur. I truced when being double teamed. And Core, when being attacked by Insan1ty, you put up the worst defense I have ever seen, losing 300k+ mech in the first two hits. So don't talk to me about terrible defending.

Anyway, this thread is not about me. Its about the defense written in the guide. If anybody has a better defense, feel free to contribute. If not stop trolling my threads. These defenses, as stated in the OP, are for PRODUCTION cities. They are meant to make it costly to the big people, and semi unbreakable to the average player. I don't know of any player that keeps 5 mil scout, 100k ballis, 300 rams, and 100 paults in every one of their cities.
    Lol. in the year and a half I played the game with you, I NEVER saw you defend well once or attack with substance. You cite ONE example of when I failed to properly defend. Hachi, I taught you how to defend. The only time you ever attacked well was when you rode my coat tails into another state.

I'm not going to argue the point with a player that has an over inflated view of themself. You have two seperate veteran players.... who have played the game with you no less, telling you just how horrible you were and you still can't see the truth.

And PLEASE stop trolling the forum of a game you no longer play. It's sad. It's like the guy that quits his job and he has nothing better to do but come visit his former co-workers everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiCricket View Post
    Well aren't you a pleasant soul. Ask for others to give their opinions/defenses but then slam them and imply they're wrong and their ideas are useless.
    Does not take criticism well.
    Sig by the amazing Morgan le Fay

FireDawg!/SirThomas SS47 - Retired
    CorePrime S148 - Retired
    CorePrime S156

Wrong.

You joined us on 148, I learned how to play on 131 and worked closely with Heston on 148 on my defense. I learned about nothing except how to bot from you.

Yes, I am such a horrible person. If it doesn't see the lies on here you've posted before in which i had photo evidence proving you wrong. I might as well put them back out now.

And btw... 80% of the members on this forum post and don't play evony anymore. So that excuse of 'trolling' is null and void. My posts are on topic about evony, the game. Trolling is doing what you are doing. Pulling a thread off topic, bashing a member. Like I said before, If you have nothing constructive to add to this thread, please do not post in it.
    Last edited by Hachi; 02-11-2012 at 03:14 PM.
    Sig by Jade

S131, 148, 156, 165 (retired)

If it doesn't see the lies on here you've posted before in which i had photo evidence proving you long.
    Damn careful there Core or he'll prove you're long
    In fact that's actually kinda disgusting thinking he has photo evidence...

...Sorry couldn't resist.. made me laugh so much

But seriously kiddies, stop fighting and go back to your caves.

"Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."
    - R. D. Laing

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiCricket View Post
    Damn careful there Core or he'll prove you're long
    In fact that's actually kinda disgusting thinking he has photo evidence...

...Sorry couldn't resist.. made me laugh so much

But seriously kiddies, stop fighting and go back to your caves.
    I swear I never gave him that photo.

But, but my cave is out of beer
    Sig by the amazing Morgan le Fay

FireDawg!/SirThomas SS47 - Retired
    CorePrime S148 - Retired
    CorePrime S156

I farmed 10s for one reason only, to lvl hero.

Bots and feeder accounts took care of the rest.

And my ratios are not wrong. Yes I had a typo in the 22.5 to 1 for mech D, but someone was kind enough to point that out and I fixed it. Everyone knows swords to archers are about 1.5 to 1. Proven, done. Pretty sure those are about the only ratios I mentioned.

Mech D is easy, you have 22.5 scouts to ballista, you keep 5k up and you work around mech cutters. Easy. There is nothing more to it.
    Sig by Jade

S131, 148, 156, 165 (retired)

I personally favor the 5k d into mech d combo, so i like keeping a lot of mechs in a normal 5k city myself. The compact defense is all but useless at this point on my server, heroes are to big and can easily take it out. So food for thought newer players, you should begin to phase it out after only a few months or so based on how much better people are at leveling heroes nowadays.

All in all though I think this guide is well made. It's not everything you need to know but it keeps everything extremely simple and no one new should have a hard time understanding it as long as they know Evony.

Good job, i'll rep you when 24 hours is up.
    Quote Originally Posted by .H0bbit View Post
    i understand u trying to explain battle mechanics and so on, and like i said not saying u are wrong, i know people that send the same wave of certain numbers, not cause it works, and they know better waves to do it and better results, but they send it cause they like the look of the numbers.
    The death of Evony.

Building a religion... a limited edition...

Everyone knows swords to archers are about 1.5 to 1. Proven, done. Pretty sure those are about the only ratios I mentioned.
    *1.2 to 1

If we're going to be technical here.

All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

how about the workers to pult defence 120 to 1

Default Mech defense variations

It is good to use a mix of balls/pults rather than just predominantly one or the other, for a number of reasons: 1) easier to protect them from scouts, while getting more firepower per scouts since your firepower is divided into two smaller groups and easier for scouts to cover; 2) you get two big swings at attacking forces per round, and can clear multiple layers more rapidly, rather than only one swing per round; and 3) the pults come in handy if you want to switch to CD as it sets range at 1700, which is critical if cavs attack.

Also, once you have the food, you can drop scout cover and add in a lot of rams in their place. They have the advantage of defending against both regular scout bombs and "dirty" scout bombs as well. Appropriate ratios are 250/450 rams/balls (1.8 rams per ball), and 250/600 rams/pults (2.4 rams per pult). The ratios dont matter for dirty scout bombs, since the rams physically layer the mechs.

So a good minimal set up is 15k pults, 20k balls and at least 40k rams (60k an even better idea) with a hero over 300. That is going to kill everything with little or no loss. The scout hits barely affect the rams. Archer waves and horse waves will not reach the rams and die without inflicting losses. Mechs waves, if fully layered, will allow the attacking mechs to kill some rams (20-30k before heal depending on att hero and number of mechs sent - more for mega heroes or really large mech waves) before being wiped. The only way to clear the target is to repeatedly hit it with mech waves with 65% heal until you can attrition out the rams. The defender can opt to close on the mech wave, and open as to everything else.

Because of this, rams have become an essential part of an elite defense.

A further fine tuning is a specialized defense hero with both high att and intel of at least 163. At that level, ram losses are cut by one third per mech wave hit, which is handy. I have a special defense hero with 400 att and 163 intel, which further delays attempts to attrition out the rams to beat the defense.

You can have extra mechs and rams around, but keep them in reserve out of city (camp timed is one strategy).

As a side note regarding the layering schemes in the article, you do not need layers on defense unless you are running a CD, or minor ones to counter various attack configurations. Large melee layers (melee = workers through phract - i.e. non-missile troops) just get killed for little benefit.