Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any suggestions ?

Default Any suggestions ?

Recently, i found out that i was extremely bored with my new plazma tv and my high-end laptop...So im planing on buying an xbox.
    I have read something about RRoD or the red ring...
    Ive heard alot of people complaining that their xbox had that ring in its first month.
    I also heard that buying an xbox halo reach bundle decreases the chance of getting a RRoD, is that true ?

Also what xbox do you suggest me to buy ? You know, the packages like elite or arcade and can you state what differences they have ?

Building a religion... a limited edition...

Get a PS3.

All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

I've had the RRoD happen to me once. That was only after about 3 years of almost constant use though. Also, if you get the warrenty you can just send it back and you will be able to get it repaired for free.

The Arcade is the basic package, no frills. It doesn't come with an external harddrive, so if you plan on playing a bunch of games and saving, it might not be the best. You could buy a HD separate from the Arcade, but you'd might as well just get the Elite then.

The Xbox I currently have is an Arcade that I just transferred my HD to when my other one died (warrenty was expired when I got the RRoD). I've had it for almost 2 years now and I haven't experienced any problems so far.

Edit: Ignore the PS3 fanboi...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker
    "I believe, whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you.....stranger."

Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    Get a PS3.
    I dont want too...
    I have no friends playing ps3 and it has no bonuses apart from that....The xbox is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Japengo View Post
    I've had the RRoD happen to me once. That was only after about 3 years of almost constant use though. Also, if you get the warrenty you can just send it back and you will be able to get it repaired for free.

The Arcade is the basic package, no frills. It doesn't come with an external harddrive, so if you plan on playing a bunch of games and saving, it might not be the best. You could buy a HD separate from the Arcade, but you'd might as well just get the Elite then.

The Xbox I currently have is an Arcade that I just transferred my HD to when my other one died (warrenty was expired when I got the RRoD). I've had it for almost 2 years now and I haven't experienced any problems so far.

Edit: Ignore the PS3 fanboi...
    Do you know how much the HD costs ?
    And can you actually save games on the xbox itself ? or you just use the memory for safegames and videos ?

Get a PS3.
    I second that.

... Though xbox is better...

"Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."
    - R. D. Laing

You can save on the internal drive of the Arcade, but there is a very limited amount of memory on it so you won't be able to do much. Plus if you get apps like Netflix or Hulu, they won't fit on the Arcade by itself.
    HDs run anywhere from $40 for a 20gig all the way up to around $160 for a 320gig. On Amazon you could probably get them cheaper.

Ok, thanks.
    But i also wanted to ask if you could save the games themselfs on the HD ?

Yes you can if you're given the option. Some of the older games don't give you the option to save to the HD, but if the option is there, you are able to save to the external HD. And it's not really external since it attaches directly to the console and recieves it's power and connection from there. Not like regular externals where you have to deal with wires and power cables.
    Basically it just gives you a lot more memory you can use to save games, get apps, or pretty much anything else you want.

Nice !
    Thanks, rep+ in advance.

Talking

Get a PS3.
    I third this.

With no underlying remark that takes away from it's value >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHawk View Post
    I dont want too...
    I have no friends playing ps3 and it has no bonuses apart from that....The xbox is better.
    You obviously haven't done any research on either console. I suggest doing some.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeminiCricket View Post
    I second that.

... Though xbox is better...
    You trained her well, Acer

But not enough...

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    "
    - Albert Einstein