Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any suggestions ?

Quote Originally Posted by ssfgrgawer View Post
    ive olny had the RRoD once since i got my 360 and it still runs, Apart from that i see no real differance to the PS3, a few games are xbox olny (Halo) and a few are ps3 olny (resistance). And i belive cause PS3 is blue ray you cant watch regular DVD's through it (But dont quote me on that, i dont own one) where as you can on the 360.

in my oppinion Xbox is the cheaper choice of the two, As Ps3 consol costs more and games generally cost more too (but hold value better too ive noticed)

I mean I suck with Xbox 360 and ps3 (gimme a Keyboard and mouse and im on fire tho) But really its a matter of preferance here.
    I see no difference between DVD's and BLURAYS only a little quality difference and much more memory.
    Also, as you said the xbox is cheaper...Even the games are cheaper.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiCricket View Post
    That is just... so... mean..

I'll neeeerrrrr you all I want thank you very much Mister I Really Am A Traitor To All The Orange But I Don't Want Anyone To Know!

They aren't excuses mister! They're the truth!

Now stop derailing from this poor souls thread or you'll have to infract yourself

Pfft excuses be excuses.
    Does it? Because it never used to?
    The Fat ones are/were even more backwards compatible than the slims...
    Oh. And you can watch normal DVDs on it ssfgrgawer
    Also, this^
    Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    It only works with certain games unfortunately.
    Bit pointless then, you might as well just class that as a no it doesn't
    By certain games he means upwards of 50 (Or something like that), so not totally pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHawk View Post
    I see no difference between DVD's and BLURAYS only a little quality difference and much more memory.
    You forgot data-transfer rate, but I guess that shows up in the quality boost. Also, how hypocritical is this^ sentence? :O
    Also, as you said the xbox is cheaper...Even the games are cheaper.
    No, the games are the same prices. And it depends what bundle you get. The Xbox itself is cheaper (You get what you pay for). Looking at Bestbuy right now though, you can get a 160GB PS3 with BlackOps for $250. Or a 250GB Xbox with 3 games for $300. Or a 4GB Xbox with no games for $200. Don't forget to factor in your $60 a year. That will even out the price real quick, and eventually, your cheap Xbox will be more expensive. Enjoy!

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    "
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by eric0095 View Post

The Fat ones are/were even more backwards compatible than the slims...
    That sounds offensive. They prefer to be called big cased

By certain games he means upwards of 50 (Or something like that), so not totally pointless.
    What'd you mean upwards of 50?

No, the games are the same prices. And it depends what bundle you get. The Xbox itself is cheaper (You get what you pay for). Looking at Bestbuy right now though, you can get a 160GB PS3 with BlackOps for $250. Or a 250GB Xbox with 3 games for $300. Or a 4GB Xbox with no games for $200. Don't forget to factor in your $60 a year. That will even out the price real quick, and eventually, your cheap Xbox will be more expensive. Enjoy!
    Yeah... what he said...

"Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."
    - R. D. Laing

Talking

That sounds offensive. They prefer to be called big cased

What'd you mean upwards of 50?
    Fine... teh chubby ones :P

I mean, 50+(ish) games are backwards compatible.

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    "
    - Albert Einstein

Fine... teh chubby ones :P

I mean, 50+(ish) games are backwards compatible.
    It's baby fat

And ahhhh.

"Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."
    - R. D. Laing

In my bed... With a pillow between my legs.

Recently, i found out that i was extremely bored with my new plazma tv and my high-end laptop...So im planing on buying an xbox.
    I have read something about RRoD or the red ring...
    Ive heard alot of people complaining that their xbox had that ring in its first month.
    I also heard that buying an xbox halo reach bundle decreases the chance of getting a RRoD, is that true ?

Also what xbox do you suggest me to buy ? You know, the packages like elite or arcade and can you state what differences they have ?
    I've had my xbox for quite a while (I think 2 years?) I haven't red ring'd yet, My friend has had hers for a really long time and it red ring'd once, and she google'd how to fix it, something about a blanket and over heating it, I'm not too sure on the specifics but it's easily fixable then most people make it seem.

Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    Get a PS3.
    BOO!

I third this.

Bigger BOOOO!

Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough
    I don't know why
    Keep making me laugh, Let's go get high
    The road is long, we carry on
    Try to have fun in the meantime

Cort, chronicling the downfall of Admiral Castas

Recently, i found out that i was extremely bored with my new plazma tv and my high-end laptop...So im planing on buying an xbox.
    There really isn't much worth playing on the xbox that you couldn't already do with a computer. Only major thing I see would be if a lot of your friends play through xbox live.

I also heard that buying an xbox halo reach bundle decreases the chance of getting a RRoD, is that true ?
    Only reason I see this being true is if they bundle a more recent line of xboxes in that package. Otherwise, it really sounds like a bunch of crap peddled by the Master Chief Bungeeslave Fanclub.
    Last edited by Bree Fletcher; 02-17-2012 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Awesomeness

That kind old lady stopped the rain for us.
    She said it would only make us cold, and miserable, and sick.
    We thanked her and hugged her and she walked away smiling warmly.
    I miss the puddles...

Quote Originally Posted by gottibabe1 View Post
    My friend has had hers for a really long time and it red ring'd once, and she google'd how to fix it, something about a blanket and over heating it, I'm not too sure on the specifics but it's easily fixable then most people make it seem.
    Isn't that potentially dangerous for the X-Box, though? I remember reading about that a while back and thought I read that it is a potential fix, but a risky one as it may actually do further damage to the console instead. But this was some time ago, so maybe I misremember.
    It's all Rodri's fault.

In my bed... With a pillow between my legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    Isn't that potentially dangerous for the X-Box, though? I remember reading about that a while back and thought I read that it is a potential fix, but a risky one as it may actually do further damage to the console instead. But this was some time ago, so maybe I misremember.
    Yea when she told me about it, I kind of looked at her weird lol. It doesn't seem like something that would actually fix it but then again I've never personally tried it. I also remember (I think Dan telling me) that for just about $50 you can get it easily fixed at a technician.

Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough
    I don't know why
    Keep making me laugh, Let's go get high
    The road is long, we carry on
    Try to have fun in the meantime