Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (Advanced) Range Defense/ Ultimate Defense

Quote Originally Posted by Entoverse View Post
    Thats assuming your opponent does not have instant at's, you will need to send a big mech wave in front of the minimechs to kill those otherwise the minimechs will fail. And mechs on archers are not that good of tradeoff in CD.

Switching between compact and range can be an effective strategy to drive most attackers insane.
    Well a legit mech leading off is a given for me and whether or not it will be recalled is determined by what I see as I scout my way in. Obviously the other waves are all timed together in case they do have a good poli so they do not have time to pop walls in between hits. With a big opponent they are not worried about losing excess troops so long as they get the kill in the end.

I'MMMMMMMM BAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

norr is basically a lesser version of shep
    hes not as awesome as me, but hell do root (nod)

Quote Originally Posted by BigNorr View Post
    Well a legit mech leading off is a given for me and whether or not it will be recalled is determined by what I see as I scout my way in. Obviously the other waves are all timed together in case they do have a good poli so they do not have time to pop walls in between hits. With a big opponent they are not worried about losing excess troops so long as they get the kill in the end.
    Norr is right, once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by .H0bbit View Post
    i understand u trying to explain battle mechanics and so on, and like i said not saying u are wrong, i know people that send the same wave of certain numbers, not cause it works, and they know better waves to do it and better results, but they send it cause they like the look of the numbers.
    The death of Evony.

Quote Originally Posted by BigNorr View Post
    Why wouldn't anyone be able to scout? Your defence only calls for 1 mil scouts lol. Assuming I can heal 65% (which I will be if I'm coming for somebody) My 35k scout loss after heal leaves you with just under 200k scout loss after your heal. This is an extremely good tradeoff for me and I'm happy to keep killing your scouts at this exchange rate for a loooong time lol. If you are letting me see a CD in your scout then I time a bunch of minimechs filled out with scouts, this means if you stay CD my mechs tradefire on your ranged and you lose that way. If you go to your ranged defence guess what happens? My minimech clears these layers you shift in and the scouts bomb your mechs, and this is assuming I havn't descouted you enough to just straight up slip in SB's on you. And of course with every set of attacking waves at least 1 scout mission will be sent to slowly pick at your scout shield as I go along as well.
    I don't mean you can't, I just mean it will be costly and some might not want to deal with the expenditures. The defense only calls for 1 mill scouts, yes. But that is a mere minimum, making almost anyone capable of putting up this defense, even in an early stage of a server. I would usually have 20-30mill scouts, sometimes only having 1 mill in the defense, sometimes 2 mill. If I ever got low then i'd simply restock. If the enemy were to have enough scouts and burn all of mine, I would have much much more available for my allies to reinforce. I never kept more then 2 mill scouts in the city for the defense as to be more efficient with food. If dealing with mech waves with scouts, then i'd be forced to bring in my pults.

JR 33mill pres
    LORDJR 15mill pres
    Server 130---- Retired

once upon a time there was a little girl named debbie who wanted to jump over the rainbow but she...

Quote Originally Posted by WerldEeeter View Post
    Lol, there is indeed possibilities, but that's because you see it on this forum and have time to make a strategy to defeat it. If I added 30k pults the defense would still stand :P. In the real game you might not even be able to get a scout, most likely not. It's good if your alliance has a ton of scouts so they can replenish for you (scouts reins are fast obviously). In most cases I would'nt have the RangeD set up and I would let them see a basic compact D. Then after sending their mech waves they wonder why they didn't kill anything. Deception
    No, i deal with this type of situations everyday.

I've never been a forum hypothetical-person, or a dxcalc-fighter.

I learn and play on the battlefield, where it counts..

That's why your "Advanced RangeD" with 30k ballis can be easily broken in two waves. lol.

And why would you suppose that people would only attack you with archers, cavs and scouts.. when we've all been in the mech-age for some time now?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

once upon a time there was a little girl named debbie who wanted to jump over the rainbow but she...

I don't mean you can't, I just mean it will be costly and some might not want to deal with the expenditures. The defense only calls for 1 mill scouts, yes. But that is a mere minimum, making almost anyone capable of putting up this defense, even in an early stage of a server. I would usually have 20-30mill scouts, sometimes only having 1 mill in the defense, sometimes 2 mill. If I ever got low then i'd simply restock. If the enemy were to have enough scouts and burn all of mine, I would have much much more available for my allies to reinforce. I never kept more then 2 mill scouts in the city for the defense as to be more efficient with food. If dealing with mech waves with scouts, then i'd be forced to bring in my pults.
    20-30m scouts only? we'll eat through that in no time at all.. since you keep your gates open? Instant pult hero eats +200k scouts a pop, and with 65% heal.. every 35k scouts kill 174-180k defending scouts

If you play with gates, then we'll send 20-30 waves of scouts landing at the exact same time as a mech wave along with transporters to force your gate open Rinse and repeat..

Ah bring in the pults? Then we can either:
    - Descout you then bomb all your mech away
    - Clear your infantry then reverse-bomb and hammer your mechs away
    - Use a combination of both then ram the remaining mech away

There is NO Ultimate Defense...
    It's just a matter of who has more troops, more patience, better skill, and who is more determined to win.

(\__/)

How do you guys have the time to farm for a 20-30mil scout army by itself? Let alone all the other troops in the city.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker
    "I believe, whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you.....stranger."

Quote Originally Posted by Melri View Post
    20-30m scouts only? we'll eat through that in no time at all.. since you keep your gates open? Instant pult hero eats +200k scouts a pop, and with 65% heal.. every 35k scouts kill 174-180k defending scouts

If you play with gates, then we'll send 20-30 waves of scouts landing at the exact same time as a mech wave along with transporters to force your gate open Rinse and repeat..

It's just a matter of who has more troops, more patience, better skill, and who is more determined to win.

Or you do what BigNorr did http://ww.evonyurl.com/ea5ih5
    Sickness
    Retired: Na1,Na32,Na41,Na57,Na58,Na59
    Mech first, ask questions later.

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth
    Sickness has a valid point.
    Ya.

This defense is based on Mech D, where you think I assume only archers, cavs and scouts are sent is a mystery to me. Have you seen a better defense? I have not, then again I have been out of the game since september. This is what I used and no attacker could beat me. This was my ultimate defense, those who know the way to defeat it I applaud you, for the best weapon in evony is knowledge, above all.
    Last edited by WerldEeeter; 02-26-2012 at 12:44 AM.

JR 33mill pres
    LORDJR 15mill pres
    Server 130---- Retired

This defense is based on Mech D, where you think I assume only archers, cavs and scouts are sent is a mystery to me. Have you seen a better defense? I have not, then again I have been out of the game since september. This is what I used and no attacker could beat me. This was my ultimate defense, those who know the way to defeat it I applaud you, for the best weapon in evony is knowledge, above all.

Read back on your entire posts 1 and 2..

You always assume the attacker will send scout bombs, archer waves, or cav waves

There was never a mention of attackers using rams or reverse bombs..
    (\__/)

Read back on your entire posts 1 and 2..

You always assume the attacker will send scout bombs, archer waves, or cav waves

There was never a mention of attackers using rams or reverse bombs..
    Perhaps not rams or reverse bombs, but I did mention mech in general, with some battle reports provided.

JR 33mill pres
    LORDJR 15mill pres
    Server 130---- Retired