Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BigNorr (War) vs Stoney (CondemnD) 1v1 Both Online

Wow impressive scout kill there, was your opponent reining rams from his second city to try and stop those mod bombs?

atleast stoney put up a great fight...11 mil scouts had to hurt but not too bad
    sickness is right..if age II ppl wont put up a fight tht much they either close gates on hc or port there city due to suppresion theyy dont want.
    HHs-5 HCs- 8
    5 3 0 0

Quote Originally Posted by Khalee View Post
    Props to Stoney for a REAL Evony fight. Too often these days it's offline only, or closed gates and resources moved, not to mention the cussing and abuse on WC. Also for a pretty good defence from the sounds of it.

As always Norr, love the hits.

I hesitate to critique, especially as someone who no longer plays (I just log and chat now), however I still keep a hand in with the theory, and notice that you always layer your mech all the way through. I understand full layering when hitting blind, or with full layers on defense, but horses and pikes in attacking mech layers when there are no horses defending, can and do often reduce your damage. Suggest experimenting with alternating layers... if nothing else, it keeps the defenders guessing, and they can't go with a standard defence that they don't fully understand. The balli/pult/1ram method seems to have a lot of posers scratching their heads

Especially love the 11M scout hit and at zero honour, damn that was nice.
    Reason for the full layering is I have found they are better at removing some ri'd layers such as rams. He was moving rams over from his other city time to time and I find naked mechs filled with scouts are not good at killing them. I also had some naked minimechs going as well but they all no reported but some got decent xp. Once all their layering is down full layering doesn't really hinder the attack I find and since everything is timed to the second unless they get a lucky RI wave timed in it shouldn't hurt anything, and if they do it picks off the layers better rather then just targeting the arch first, so it would waste the 1 wave but the next would still do damage.

I'MMMMMMMM BAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

norr is basically a lesser version of shep
    hes not as awesome as me, but hell do root (nod)

as always you never fail to impress norr, +rep(though im probably up 20 on a rep tab to you lol)

EVONY AGE I FOREVER
    "Nobody ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor fool die for his."
    George Patton

lol cheers norr was good to have battles while both partys are online k13 prove that wars are not fun wen they truce or holiday and use 6 alts to reteleate after days off prep nothing worse mate it was good to fill f/h i think it chances the game ive done this before and i will do it agian 1on1 will alway be the way looking foward to meeting again in a few weeks ...Stoney

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyss54 View Post
    lol cheers norr was good to have battles while both partys are online k13 prove that wars are not fun wen they truce or holiday and use 6 alts to reteleate after days off prep nothing worse mate it was good to fill f/h i think it chances the game ive done this before and i will do it agian 1on1 will alway be the way looking foward to meeting again in a few weeks ...Stoney
    I'm looking forward to it as well. Be nice to play the defender for a bit lol. I went back and forward with NevaEnuff last night was a good fight and we swapped between hitting and when one of us stopped the other one honor dumped the person so they could attack. He got a few waves in on me so I'm a bit rusty defending so should make it interesting when we play

nice job i still dont understand why peeps would ever go to a CD with a insta pol guy,

be nice to have the shoe on the other foot lol kk bud thx for the respect in you notes see you soon ;o)

how do you def those waves that are timed to the second? dont think you can just got to hope you have a good troop count

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyss54 View Post
    how do you def those waves that are timed to the second? dont think you can just got to hope you have a good troop count
    It's tricky but if you timed in RI from your other city to the same second with a few waves you can sometimes block some of them that way but it's very difficult to time it right on especially with several attacks to the same second. You are usually gonna take losses here. Your other option if they do not send a decent mech with these minimechs is to adopt a strong CD as these will struggle to clear the walls and proabably not hit mechs ( if you do this make sure to move in a few 100k arch so any waves that do get through hit arch not mechs)