Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interest Check for SOTW Continuance

Mod Icon Interest Check for SOTW Continuance

Dear GFX Peeps!

I'm sure many of you are aware that we've had some unreliable hosting lately, as well as some splotchy participation in the SOTW.

I wanted to let everyone know that our new Off-topic Moderator, and long time Graphics section friend, Eric0095, has volunteered to start hosting SOTW again.
    He's reliable and will be consistent, so we'd like to start the weekly contests up again.

But another problem lies in front of us: participation. Many GFXers have left or become less active. But I have seen several new faces around, so i'm asking you guys. Would you be interested in the SOTW again? Please post here if you would!

Also, if you have any ideas about improving SOTW or the way its run, feel free to post those ideas here as well.

Regards,
    SbD

The wheels of survival are greased more readily by easy lies than hard truths.

Id love to have it, is quite kool to look at,

but

the Grafics People have disappeared

and i was going to volunteer tomorrow to do it

It

By Morgan Le Fay

I'll participate this time for sure ! The other 3 or so times I said that in the past and didn't act were totally legit .

No but really I will try to scrap up whatever sig I can for it.

My only suggestion really is that the themes chosen are a lot "easier" and familiar with people...So themes that everyone likes, not just a random theme that is unheard of to 9/10 people.

Did we vote on themes before? I think voting/nominating a theme could work in a separate thread .. Assuming there are sufficient participants..

im in cant promise every week, depends if i get my assignments in or not .. will promise to try my best tho.
    Might be a good idea to update some of the old guides bring them out of archive so the new artists can easily find them, i know some of them helped me out big time when i first started.
    If we want the sotw to work we need to bring the old faces back but also get some new guys participating as well.

-- Visit my Sig Shop --
    ...Click Here...

I will participate..

I have had a few requests lately, and been messing around with new effects.. So i'd be glad to participate.

I took a break from the forums for a while, came back to no SOTW, went into depression, then when i saw this thread.. I'm alive again

Need a sig?
    PM me

Quote Originally Posted by MetalX View Post
    you do know EVONY creates Glitches to benefit players who coin??
    Really? I should coin more... XD

Im kinda making siggys

Me suckish though

Proof of Suckishness:

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/...n/Listened.jpg

First ever

But: looking at tutorials so i will become better and will join them and see progress
    Last edited by =Angel=; 03-04-2012 at 11:25 PM.

By Morgan Le Fay

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoner View Post
    I think voting/nominating a theme could work in a separate thread .. Assuming there are sufficient participants..
    This is a great idea IMO..

It will also give an IDEA of numbers of participants.
    Of course, there may be more SOTW-ers than there are that nominate/vote on the theme.

Could also be used as a heads up for those like me that just hit 'New Posts' all the time and dont really look for threads.

Need a sig?
    PM me

Quote Originally Posted by MetalX View Post
    you do know EVONY creates Glitches to benefit players who coin??
    Really? I should coin more... XD

Too big to fail!

i will try to participate myself. as said before a voting thread might be a good idea to give people more options and to motivate some to want to enter.
    Sig by the lovely Luda
    Available Sigs

Even th0ugh I suck at making sigs *YAY*, and i been g0ne f0r a while, I was just asking what happened t0 the s0tw! Sh0uld definitely start it up again!
    Quote Originally Posted by rasterbee View Post
    Hey Sari, change the your "quote" in your sig.
    DONE