Thread: Quake 4 vs Doom 3

Default Quake 4 vs Doom 3

What game is better?

Doom 3 or Quake 4? Why? What do you like? What don't you like?

It's hard for me to choose.

I love the PDA in Doom 3 (I admit I kill every civillian I come across for their PDA, I even kill them if they don't have one with them). I also love all the cabinet codes and whatnot, and some of the stuff you hear on the audio files (like incompetent workers who can't remember the cabinet code 123).

And double barreled shotgun ftw if you get resurrection of evil expansion
    And the grabber weapon that can grab projectiles and crates and throw them at people.

However, there's something I love about Quake 4 too. For instance, the first weapon has unlimited ammo instead of having to use fists, and it has more power the longer you hold the fire button. And I like having the flashlight attached to my machine gun, rather than having to switch between them. And the nail gun is so much fun

Which plot is better? Ok, fair enough you can't really say either of them isn't obvious. But with Doom 3, whenever I walk in at the start, all I can think about is saying "Ok. Where's the s*** and where's the fan?"

Enough of me though. What's everyone elses opinion. If you haven't played these games....play them.

Thanks Morgan for the awesome signature and avatar!
    <15:28>[NoobTank]: i might not be here for all u know
    <15:29>[smoothme]: true u might b a figment of my constipation
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: dont u mean imagination lol
    <15:30>[smoothme]: oh yeah lol
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: not quite the same thing lol

tbh, I don't like either, both games originals (DOOM and Quake) were for me the best they'd ever get, idk why you just can't beat that noise the Baron Of Hell made in the first one, thats how you know you in trouble, uh oh, here he comes lol (DOOM) but outta originals, DOOM, hands down

Well i think Quake 4 is much better than Doom 3 because Quake 4 has good graphics..

Cpanel Hosting | Cpanel Hosting Reviews

The Titan Superfortress U-995, somewhere off the coast of Indonesia

OK, the person above me just represents the state of gaming today.

"It's bad because the graphics are rubbish."

Right, so in that sense, games like StarCraft, the original DOOM games, GoldenEye 007, Halo 1, Age of Empires I and II, Wolfenstein 3D, Railroad Tycoon and other such games are all bad because they don't have good graphics? ARE YOU SERIOUS, SIR?

Things like this make me despair at the gaming world of today. I'm not exactly old (I'm still in my teenage years), but I swear that most gamers nowadays only give a crap about the graphics and the multiplayer. What about things like single-player? What about plotlines? What about the whole experience of the game? Are you really saying that every game should either be hotkey levelling for MMORPG's or generic FPS games? I, for one, am sick of games where you shoot random generic enemies with a generic M4 Carbine because of some storyline that could be made up in a nursery by a bunch of two-year-olds, or where you simply mash buttons in the manner of "Press 2 to kill enemy" and "Shoot here for extra points". Why can't games be like the old times, where graphics took a back seat to things like story and how immersed you are in the universe? Sure, Mass Effect can do it, so why can't other games like Call of Duty or Battlefield do it? I loved Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2, but now Bad Company 2 and BF3 are just... more... sodding... Call of Duty-esque 'realistic action'.

To answer the question? Neither. Both have their good points and bad points. If I had to choose, then Doom 3. No reason, just because I have to make a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherhoodUK View Post
    OK, the person above me just represents the state of gaming today.

"It's bad because the graphics are rubbish."

Right, so in that sense, games like StarCraft, the original DOOM games, GoldenEye 007, Halo 1, Age of Empires I and II, Wolfenstein 3D, Railroad Tycoon and other such games are all bad because they don't have good graphics? ARE YOU SERIOUS, SIR?

Things like this make me despair at the gaming world of today. I'm not exactly old (I'm still in my teenage years), but I swear that most gamers nowadays only give a crap about the graphics and the multiplayer. What about things like single-player? What about plotlines? What about the whole experience of the game? Are you really saying that every game should either be hotkey levelling for MMORPG's or generic FPS games? I, for one, am sick of games where you shoot random generic enemies with a generic M4 Carbine because of some storyline that could be made up in a nursery by a bunch of two-year-olds, or where you simply mash buttons in the manner of "Press 2 to kill enemy" and "Shoot here for extra points". Why can't games be like the old times, where graphics took a back seat to things like story and how immersed you are in the universe? Sure, Mass Effect can do it, so why can't other games like Call of Duty or Battlefield do it? I loved Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2, but now Bad Company 2 and BF3 are just... more... sodding... Call of Duty-esque 'realistic action'.

To answer the question? Neither. Both have their good points and bad points. If I had to choose, then Doom 3. No reason, just because I have to make a choice.
    I love the old games...but that's off topic so I won't go there. True that every game has it's good and bad points. What did and didn't you like about both Doom 3 and Quake 4?

Thanks Morgan for the awesome signature and avatar!
    <15:28>[NoobTank]: i might not be here for all u know
    <15:29>[smoothme]: true u might b a figment of my constipation
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: dont u mean imagination lol
    <15:30>[smoothme]: oh yeah lol
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: not quite the same thing lol

Doom 3 is most best one

It was great to play all day.