Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: N1 - now recruiting!

Default ...

I'd be in...but unfortunatly it will be a while before we get a merge....

anyways, il bring the spam missles....
    Im'a Fireing my Layzah!!!

(‘) (.)
    /ŻŻ/_o___o___o___o____o__
    BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA****AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
    \__\ŻŻoŻŻŻoŻŻŻŻŻŻoŻŻŻŻŻŻo

1- shocked this wasn't instantly closed. thank you to the mods / evony for allowing this to stay open for some discussion, even if it was done by a mistake...

2- snott, in the long run i agree.. but for those still active, until something more worthy comes along to consume our time, it never hurts to try ..after all, if we aren't working towards a solution, we're part of the problem.

3- Thalric - i appreciate your interest, as i'm sure the rest of us do... i know there's a lack of trust between the warring alliances, but if this became a viable option to introduce a good amount of new blood to our server, then i would expect the new people would be given some time to build up before entering the war..

4- roisina - i'm pretty sure you're right as far as ToS ( as per my first comment ).... however the problem of stale servers is a bigger problem for evony than it is for us, as once we go, so goeth their lifeblood... as far as the second part, you're absolutely right, and there is a real concern about someone attempting to re-claim the acct(s).. the only thing i can think is we would need to look for any way possible to minimize this possibility... people should be entering into this to try to revive our server, bring new people to play, and make this game fun again.. the risk is as real as evony pulling the plug on the server, or banning the acct if other terms of service are broken... we should all expect that any given day could be the last for any of our older servers.

5- binchie - we need t-shirts that say ' i heart binchie!' --- i agree that we appear to be stuck in our current settings, and it seems like every few weeks i'm still seeing people walking away, and it's never good when we lose people, enemies or otherwise... as far as concerns...the idea of sticking the "new" players in a single alliance would allow both sides of the warring factions to possibly help monitor for abuse and get the newer people up and running...if people wanted, they could go anywhere.. if people wanted to go to other servers and start recruiting from those to bring new players to their own alliance, i assume that would be fine.. and people may do it already.. as far as giving the new alliance a time frame to build up before entering the war, i don't know... they'll definitely need some time, and it would be very demanding them to go hostile with everyone.. that would require some additional thought, but my only idea at this time is that the "new" members would be scattered around and hopefully in positions strong enough to defend and attack anyone in the area... it's as feasible for each group to just recruit someone, but to be honest, i would be concerned with spies.... we could go to their servers, if attractive enough options are presented.. and you can have first dibbs on the swedes ...

6- raisim --i wish n1 would get everyone to stop paying and go blue for 1 month as well to see how this works.. i know it's been broached but never seriously pursued as an option... i've really enjoyed this game and the people for a long time now, and as long as the servers are up, there's always that 1 in a million chance we'll get a merge.. until then, it makes me sad to say i've been forced to detach myself as much as possible, just so i don't care anymore if i go to login and see cities/heroes gone or my acct or server dead.. and it makes me somewhat bitter and sad towards evony for not working with us more on this issue... btw personally i think they're done with merges.. i think at some point they decided to start new servers.. financially i think they've seen it's a better option...

7- joj - thanks for the spam.

for this to have become viable, i think we would have needed 20-30 new players.. i'm sure i'm wrong, but i don't expect that out of the top 5-10 alliances, many have that many strong active fighters left in each group..

a few years ago fanum (i believe) proposed the creation of a new group for people to join, fight, then go home whenever they wanted.. thoughts on that?

what about the possibility of all groups going gray, setting a battleground state where ANYTHING goes? anyone who wants in on the fun just has to port in or cap a 10 and move troops around.. groups agree not to fight in other states for the duration, and everyone just enjoys some good old fashioned bloodlust where everyone can kill everyone.. just dont leave any good heroes there ...
    Last edited by Razorhead; 05-01-2012 at 12:36 AM.

On far away planet in far away ebil galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Roisina View Post
    Ah but it would matter if said player gave up there own, reset, let die or whatever to come join. Not saying I would do that, I am perfectly happy on my own server, but it's a legitimate concern. I know there are a lot of people, including ourselves that would love a merge. That was why a while back on our server, the top alliances went to war with each other. Some cried "traitors" and others welcomed it. Now there are two sides and continuous war that we didn't have before.
    Risk goes both ways.... If we decide to do this, I will be suporting newcomers with heroes and resourses for sure and i am risking that they run away with it to enemy or just disapear or lose interest and abandon all without returning heroes. But let's face it, we lose players on daily basis due to pure bordom, we need to do smt before it's only us left with our big heroes and armies wich we don't have use of any more except for hitting poor barbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorhead View Post
    5- binchie - we need t-shirts that say ' i heart binchie!' ---
    Razorhead for the president!!!
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Snott View Post
    Dont confuse him Ghost, he's Swedish

Ok i let this thread live to see how it would turn out, and its acctually seems to be quite productive. now some commenting.

MOD SSF:
    Giveing people accounts is against TOS and isnt allowed. This has allready been pointed out and i just have to say so cause its my job. So that part is a NO NO.

Player ssf:
    Some servers need new life, On this i agree, So the basic idea of this thread is good.

question, Is N1 a Medal drop server? (ie from npcs)

If it is, It could be quite easy to temp new players in with the lure of a 300 atk hero or so to kick start them (As im sure a server of N1's age uses 300+ attack heros to farm lvl 5s.) and once a player starts 10 farming a 300 atk hero is easy to convert on a medal drop server.

and perhaps 10 mill of each res. Not enough to super charge anyone, But should get em a decent start (Or at least 50 mill gold to spend at there lesure on what they need) Also its not going to bankrupt any player on the server any time soon.

That however is hard to govern. And you run into the problem of players quitting and not giving back heros as Binch said.

Perhaps some recruiting on Newer servers for fresh blood or server hoppers to consider Joining N1 might help the situation.

apart from the fact i can hardly support 1 server, I would be tempted to join a medal drop server just to see a nation i didnt buy again lol.

Thats all from me, i suggest removing the passing dead account stuff from OP tho.(if you dont ill do it in the morning)
    Good luck with your recruitment N1ers.

.SS

Current Sig Pic Courtesy Of 0DiZa5TeR0 Nice One!
    Bomben - Greatest Phract Smack - My History
    ~ And we what? – Run the crew, Whose what? – Blood is blue, Through life’s – ing zoo, And we might – Come for you,~
    Rule 9 - There are no real rules about moderation either, Enjoy your ban.
    http://ww.evonyurl.com/petjgv

Quote Originally Posted by ssfgrgawer View Post
    Ok i let this thread live to see how it would turn out, and its acctually seems to be quite productive. now some commenting.

MOD SSF:
    Giveing people accounts is against TOS and isnt allowed. This has allready been pointed out and i just have to say so cause its my job. So that part is a NO NO.

.SS
    Whats kinda sad is how people can easily bypass the TOS rules . Pretty much you can get a account on any server that has high resources or multiple accounts from ebay or craigslist. But I do hope 1 day you do come to our server SSF, that way I can test out my new unit nuking technique .
    Im'a Fireing my Layzah!!!

(‘) (.)
    /ŻŻ/_o___o___o___o____o__
    BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA****AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
    \__\ŻŻoŻŻŻoŻŻŻŻŻŻoŻŻŻŻŻŻo

On far away planet in far away ebil galaxy

question, Is N1 a Medal drop server? (ie from npcs)
    Yes it is, I have over 10k of nations, and you don't want to hear number of courage and freedom medals, only kind that is below 1k is rose medals xD (I hate those nasty rose medals).
    Item drops in general is very good on N1.

temp new players in with the lure of a 300 atk hero or so to kick start them (As im sure a server of N1's age uses 300+ attack heros to farm lvl 5s.) and once a player starts 10 farming a 300 atk hero is easy to convert on a medal drop server.

and perhaps 10 mill of each res. Not enough to super charge anyone, But should get em a decent start (Or at least 50 mill gold to spend at there lesure on what they need) Also its not going to bankrupt any player on the server any time soon.
    Well, 300 att heroes won't be problem, most of us use those as spamers or bombers anyways, those that desirve trust could get better heroes then that very easily.
    As for resourses, I have bigger numbers in my head anyways - it's waste of RS spot to send out only 10k trasporters
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Snott View Post
    Dont confuse him Ghost, he's Swedish

Quote Originally Posted by Binch View Post
    Yes it is, I have over 10k of nations, and you don't want to hear number of courage and freedom medals, only kind that is below 1k is rose medals xD (I hate those nasty rose medals).
    Item drops in general is very good on N1.
    Oh how jelous am i... (me and my 46 hard earned nations. I miss lvl 10 npc nation drops )

Quote Originally Posted by Binch View Post
    Well, 300 att heroes won't be problem, most of us use those as spamers or bombers anyways, those that deserve trust could get better heroes then that very easily.
    As for resourses, I have bigger numbers in my head anyways - it's waste of RS spot to send out only 10k trasporters
    The reason i suggested 10 mill of each, Was so someone who isnt in on letting smaller players get started wont be tempted to Trans wave them, After all 10k porters worth of res isnt worth the cost of food to walk there.

The heros one would think wouldnt really be a problem for as soon as people hit the point where Fighting starts, heros will get thrown back and forth quite a lot (something that doesnt really happen on No medal servers, you catch a hero, you fire it cause your saving medals for that lucky big hero to accidentally come your way lol)

Quote Originally Posted by JOJ View Post
    Whats kinda sad is how people can easily bypass the TOS rules . Pretty much you can get a account on any server that has high resources or multiple accounts from ebay or craigslist. But I do hope 1 day you do come to our server SSF, that way I can test out my new unit nuking technique .
    But we are all good samaritans and we all obey the ToS dont we? *stares*

And i might even start on your server, However im horrendously slow at starting out on new servers, and often get bored of not fighting before i finsh doing Techs. Guess ive gotten used to Having everything done since ssfgrgawer has been maxed for well over 2 years now lol. But the thought of seeing medals again does interest me.

Current Sig Pic Courtesy Of 0DiZa5TeR0 Nice One!
    Bomben - Greatest Phract Smack - My History
    ~ And we what? – Run the crew, Whose what? – Blood is blue, Through life’s – ing zoo, And we might – Come for you,~
    Rule 9 - There are no real rules about moderation either, Enjoy your ban.
    http://ww.evonyurl.com/petjgv

The heros one would think wouldnt really be a problem for as soon as people hit the point where Fighting starts, heros will get thrown back and forth quite a lot (something that doesnt really happen on No medal servers, you catch a hero, you fire it cause your saving medals for that lucky big hero to accidentally come your way lol)
    Like the time someone in my alliance got a 1000+ hero on a scoutbomb? Said person deserved to lose it for reasons I won't say, but lol.

That was the thing for me. Back in november 2009, I joined server 5. It was already established, so I went to s97 on the day it opened. Someone else tried to drag me back to s5 again saying that they'd help me build. I went back and nothing, so I left and stayed on 97. If you were to bring new people to your server, you would need to ensure that they get what is promised. Help until they are ready to compete and good alliances to help them do that.

As for N1. If I didn't already play a couple of servers (which I don't play like I used to due to school) I might be tempted to start a new account over there just to see how far I could get with the high medal drops and if it was worth sticking around. With good medal drops and the promise of a semidecent hero, one could build up an awesome account in a matter of months. That sounds attractive hehe. Like ssf though, my account has been maxed out on techs for over 2.5 years and I am a lazy and impatient thing when it comes to waiting to get to the fighting stage lol. I have started and left a few new ones in recent times.
    Last edited by Roisina; 05-02-2012 at 12:42 PM.
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/gerisul/Signatures/touhou.png

i figured wth? so i signed up on n1, and even though world chat is very quiet, i already have a possible "pair of enemies" or what i think is probably a multi-accounter.

imma think this is great idea to bring in new peeps to N1 I for one would b more than willing to help someone establish themselves with heroes/resources....face it....N1 is a snorefest with the same people being red for 2years now *yawn*
    I wouldn't see a problem with forming a few sister alliances to get new blood a place to build and would hope that agreement would b made that all alliances give them a "no hit" period of time in order for them to reach a point where they can defend/fight back

and of course...we can all still wish for that promised merge