Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incorrect heal rate?

The various issues raised in the OP have already been covered in several separate threads.

1. Mechanics heal rate - when your attacking wave hits draft proof numbers, your heal rate drops to 0 and you only get healed to the equivalent of what your heal buffs are.

2. Trojans have been subject to discussion on how to stop this from happening (hence the 24hour alliance move cooldown).

You don't also state what defences there were in the city and from the screen shots, simply putting masses of mechanics in a city is not guaranteed to wipe out everything that city has. What layers did you use, what layers did the defender have, what techs / stars are in play and what wall defences were there?

IMHO you've been very naive in thinking your masses of pults and ballis will take out the city in full. I see from the reports, 2.9mil archers, 1.2mil swords plus Ballis, Pults, Rams and importantly - 29 fracts. Given the additional range bonus from the wall defences and the fract keeping your incoming units outside your own attacking range - i'd suggest you've not fully thought the hit through.
    There's nothing to see here... please move along in an orderly fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntahh View Post
    If you lose any troops that adds up to over 2.1b exp value you get zero heal for them..

So.. Anything over the draftproof amount..

Example..

214k + lista
    74k + pults
    etc etc

The tiny heal you got was from the achievement buffs heal.

Atlest you got a heal.. Do this on age1 and its ZERO heal
    Yes it really sucks, there is a major glitch with the 2.147bil number which evny obviously are not taking into account and it really annoys me. A while back there was a food glitch where you could gain 2.147bil food from attacking an npc. On my server my alliance has also hit 2.147bil honor and instead of going past the number it goes into a - number and goes downwards.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSauron View Post
    Its a major bug but Evony will argue till there blue in the face its not. However as you used an exploit + spy tactic I have no sympathy for you as you got exactly what you deserved for using the trojan and joining an alliance under false pretenses to do it.
    It's hardly an exploit. Theres nothing against the rules about it, infact I do recall evony asking about your best spy stories on their fb page once.

I was removing an inactive 14.

The magic number is 2,147,483,647
    The equivalent of 7fffffff in Hex and 31 Bits in Binary code.

Which I find slightly odd as in programming you'd work to 32 not 31. Likewise, HEX would then be FFFFFFFF and your decimal would double to 4,294,967,295

It has to be part of the game though as your resources can individually hold more than the 2.147bil magic number and there doesnt appear to be any problems there.

The games hierarchy have already said that it wasnt designed so that players could hose massive armies, maybe the heal rate on large Mechanic Hits is the balance for allowing large armies in cities. Who knows though? As development appears to have stopped on all glitches / bugs / etc. Even the HH bugs haven't yet been fixed.

To me, they're concentrating on opening new servers.... but the more servers you open, the more problems will become prevalent as your spreading your resources far and wide. Instead of having to patch a few, your now having to patch an ever increasing number. In their pursuit of income, something has to give, that my friends, is the back up and support!
    There's nothing to see here... please move along in an orderly fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by -scar- View Post
    The magic number is 2,147,483,647
    The equivalent of 7fffffff in Hex and 31 Bits in Binary code.

Which I find slightly odd as in programming you'd work to 32 not 31. Likewise, HEX would then be FFFFFFFF and your decimal would double to 4,294,967,295

It has to be part of the game though as your resources can individually hold more than the 2.147bil magic number and there doesnt appear to be any problems there.
    It makes sense when you realize that some values in hex are treated as a positive or negative value by the game. When you exceed 2.14b it becomes negative 2.14b or a lesser negative value depending on how far over 2.14b you go. As for resources these use more bits in the variable and do not have this problem until extreme quantities of res. So high I am not even sure what the number is. The glitch is caused by an oversight by the devs in making a variable which uses too few bits to calculate it. I am not a cpu programmer but it seems this would be a fairly easy fix allthough it may be difficult depending on what effect it would have on server load.