Thread: Can you actually conquer a NPC city?

Default Can you actually conquer a NPC city?

I have attacked and beat a NPC level 1 city (I know big deal! right?) and was able to plunder the city. Troops are automatically returning with plundered goods. The report says "conquered unsuccessful. So is it possible to actually conquer the city and make it your own? Or do you just go back again and again and keep plundering for the goods? I've read about the NPC cities but don't completely understand them.

You can conquer it by sending waves of 900 warriors (or more) over and over again til the Loyalty is reduced to 0.

After you have conquered it can you then build it up just like any other city?

Yes. Everything in the city will be level 1 with all lvl 1 cottages and 1 lvl 1 barrack. All resource fields would be lvl 1 farms except for 1 quarry, ironmine, and sawmill. I would recommend not taking a lvl 1 npc, as it is easier and more effective just to build a new city. Later on, you will want to start conquering NPCs, particularly lvl 10s.

As mentioned, capping level 10 NPC's is commonplace later on. This is because the feasting hall, rally spot, cottages, etc. would require a lot of time and mich scripts - deleveling is more favorable than upgrading.

The only other towns that are commonly capped other than your Queen quest ones are level fives. This is because in Age 1 it's usually a way to sneak up on someone and attack them from next door.

The worst part about any NPC cap is the fact that all of the fields are farms except one each of the other three. As siphon said, this makes it easier and more efficient to start from scrap the majority of the time.