Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: mod time limit

I guess I abuse my power by not being as strict on people as I should be. I guess I can start stepping up my game.
    It's all Rodri's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    I guess I abuse my power by not being as strict on people as I should be. I guess I can start stepping up my game.
    [IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/4fR7WdxPnWa*c*9wJIBUxcl-fWjMdwW8ZpIXQi8J13y5V7H9rFf-vE8LHvDsGFSMWUXPsMO4Sdin8-zcuCdVyJxiDH-6wGGE/BringItOn.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas101 View Post
    [IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/4fR7WdxPnWa*c*9wJIBUxcl-fWjMdwW8ZpIXQi8J13y5V7H9rFf-vE8LHvDsGFSMWUXPsMO4Sdin8-zcuCdVyJxiDH-6wGGE/BringItOn.jpg[/IMG]
    What he said
    [Ninno20 aka Olympia aka Rhys]
    and i will remember your name and face
    on the day you are judged by the funhouse cast
    and i will rejoice in your fall from grace
    with a cane through the sky like "none shall pass"

Quote Originally Posted by AbstractAngel View Post
    Any action against another forum member is tracked when it comes to our moderators. Infractions, Warnings, edits, etc are all logged and reviewed.

If you feel a moderator is abusing their power, report them and show proof. It will be privately discussed and/or actioned. If a moderator continually abuses their power they can be removed from the moderator team and it has happened before.

Moderators also undergo a yearly personal review, as well as a 3 month probation when they are first chosen.

Also, don't take this explanation to mean all ex-mods were power hungry. Anyone can leave the moderator position at any time, and many do because of life/time management/personal reasons.

By the logic of this suggestion; however, I am the most corrupted moderator on this forum. Perhaps I should begin acting like it.
    All jokes aside, that sounds like a tough job. Props to the mods, especially considering they are volunteers. Seems like a lot of work, considering all the hate mail you must get from the whiners. I'll try to stay on my best behavior though, I wouldn't want to get sent down to the countryside for re-education.

yep you are the reason i have hung round as long as i did, if you hadnt have been such an awesome mod on the old server 6 forums i probally woundnt have joined the forums at all. (rereading the deleted posts from those old threads really opened my eyes to how much you luvs your old s6 comrades) and for that i thank you.

On topic, I dont see a time limit helping. as has been allready said, why hurt the longtime mods for there service.

Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

I think the mods overall do a good job - it would seem a bit of a thankless task but a necessary one to keep the forums going. I don't see that they abuse their power and would prefer to have long term and predictable mods rather than new people with new interpretations of the rules every six months.

My one concern is posts which are deleted without infractions - they just dissapear. Whether that is done by the mods or by evony staff I don't know but (on topic) it gives no opportunity to address what was wrong with the post and no course to have the decision reviewed.

Mods never hurt me. Other then my list of infractions but most of those were deserved lol. I don't think there are enough active posters left here that I'd want alternating as mods anyway.

I'MMMMMMMM BAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

norr is basically a lesser version of shep
    hes not as awesome as me, but hell do root (nod)

I've been saying this to you for 2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by SiphonXP View Post
    All jokes aside, that sounds like a tough job. Props to the mods, especially considering they are volunteers. Seems like a lot of work, considering all the hate mail you must get from the whiners. I'll try to stay on my best behavior though, I wouldn't want to get sent down to the countryside for re-education.
    It's all good!

To be fair it's gone down as has the traffic. Our main job is scrubbing the forum floors with virtual toothbrushes to get rid of all the spam gunk.

Quote Originally Posted by BigNorr View Post
    Mods never hurt me. Other then my list of infractions but most of those were deserved lol. I don't think there are enough active posters left here that I'd want alternating as mods anyway.
    True.

Compliments of the wonderful Warsimi!

Quote Originally Posted by AbstractAngel View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.

duck god disapproves

Quote Originally Posted by estrickland89 View Post
    you make me wish the red rep system was still in place
    Quote Originally Posted by Mati2 View Post
    I wish that everyday because of Emma6.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCurley View Post
    acer made me change my avatar f acer

HAHAHA! This thread is priceless!

This is my favourite quote from all time. Yes, I stalked his VMs for the lulz cuz I was a popular topic of this guys convos and I came across this, and yes I saved it in my sig space for a long time hehehe! ... no that's not power abuse.

Had to share lol.

dont mods have lives, god what is wrong with them

these is what i would say kisss a girl, get a job, do something with your lives. but check for trolling,spamming, all that junk god it gets annoying
    EDIT: To be honest, no matter what you do, you will always be too strict, a troll mod, an abuser of power, or too lenient. Someone is going to say one of those things and someone else is going to say the opposite end of the extreme. I dunno if the OP was serious or if he was trolling to begin with, but really, it's good to have old blood up there too who know the ropes and I have seen you guys take on new people regularly. I personally think you do a great job. It's not a role I would fancy since I do not have the dedication that you guys have to this site and fair play to you all. I do not see the issues with any of the staff myself.
    Last edited by Roisina; 05-09-2012 at 07:51 PM.
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/gerisul/Signatures/touhou.png