Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My History S6/SS38

Default My History S6/SS38

Hi Everybody

I thought it would be special to write on this weekend as its the 3 year anniversary of Evony and also the weekend of Evony’s first server opening (server 6) under its new name.

My good friend Mr “oh unpronounceable one” ssfgrgawer has persuaded me to write my history of Evony, considering when I quit the game I will probably have no intention of coming back to the forums to write about it, I have to do it now, from Day 1 (9th May 2009) opening day of server 6 up to the end of server 6 (August 2010) to now ss38 (9th May 2012).

So here goes

Day 1 - I started on server 6, within the day I had found a little alliance on world chat that was in my state of Romagna named DRAK (small Romagna based alliance ranked between 50-100 also apart of DRAK2 and DRAK3), within minutes of joining I had spoken to a few people and been invited to register on their personal DRAK/Evony website it seemed to be a very good setup and I was impressed so decided to stay, unfortunately that good impression soon failed as daily activity from myself over the course of a week, it soon became apparent that there was no life within the alliance (to this day I have no idea what changed from Day 1 to Day 7).

I decided to load up the map screen and find my nearest non alliance neighbour this guy was a member of another Romagna based alliance called Brutes who were ranked around the 40 mark at the time, (they had recently managed to merge DEADLY a Romagna alliance ranked around 50 into them and where also a sister of Sentinel a power house top 10 Romagna alliance) because of this it seemed a good steady place to go and learn the game.

(The basis of my knowledge and training comes from here)

I settled into Brutes extremely quickly under its host unread and his vice host nephew Izopaciti, although no setup outside of Evony i.e. chat rooms, Skype’s it seemed like a very welcoming and knowledgeable alliance, this is where I learned my trade for 6 of the best months of my Evony life (May 09 – Nov 09), for the 1st month I settled into the alliance and began to listen to what the hierarchy told me, these guys were well educated and knowledgeable the main guys were unread, Izopaciti, WildWeasle, Subterfuge (who I am now named after) Attma, SnowSprite, Buddha (not the same one as who is now in The_Just) and the lovely Sandvina (some really hot woman from Sweden ) during this time it was mainly building up across the alliance and training drills carried out by unread to sharpen us up ready for battle, and of course battle arrived on our doorstep in the form of MISC, top alliance on the server at the time, although I was new to the game and just a member it was pretty obvious they had invaded Romagna, maybe this was to kill alliances for fun or take on a new state away from their homeland, although they were incredibly powerful a top alliance porting into enemy territory especially Romagna was going to end up being a costly and bloody battle Misc admittedly had their allies/sisters at the time which helped had ported into Romagna when contained within Romagna where Dacia and Sentinel, 2 already top 10 alliances, although I can’t give detailed reports of the powerhouse MISC going against Dacia/Sentinel combined, during this time Brutes decided to port war cities to the Romagna/Tuscany border and we prepared to defend Romagna on that side, I like to think this allowed Dacia/Sentinel to concentrate their efforts on the 3 remaining borders, although we were quite small, we group hit their players 4 or 5 at a time and were quite effective at getting them to move on, this was a bloody battle that happened many times over the course of the next few months.

After a short rest of peacetime that was enjoyed by us, the Bohemia coalition decided to port into Romagna to cause trouble, Once again Dacia and Sentinel although not allied just blue, came together for the good cause of Romagna and defended their home state, we tried to help but only really came across 1 player that caused problems attacking us, a player named Bogwash, he decimated our cities in Brutes and I just managed to contain him if I played defense with my decent troop numbers which at the time would have totalled 200k-300k archers per city , during this time our main hitter of the alliance our officer Buddha mailed to say he wanted to handle Bogwash 1 on 1, to this day I regret for not believing Buddha’s power and knowledge after seeing Bogwash run over numerous Brutes cities I was worried that Buddha was being too over confident, how wrong I was, Buddha planted a city close to Bogwash and spent days destroying Bogwash’s troops, everyday Buddha would wipe him, and every day there would be more reinforcements there, this lasted for just over a week until Bogwash had, had enough and ported home to Bohemia, this was the farewell of Buddha, real life got in the way, he worked and went to school, he went down to 1 city and became an Evony hobby player.

Shortly after this there were internal problems within Sentinel, I do not know the full story I would have to ask Quantaris(GoodOleQ) but they disbanded and moved in different directions thus leaving Dacia as the power alliance in Romagna, because of this Brutes sought to align themselves with another alliance, SPARTANs who were ranked in the top15 and where the nearest Romagna power alliance to Dacia became our allies, shortly after this another Misc invasion came, it was short lived and ended up causing a huge amount of issues and mistrust within Romagna, as it was claimed that SPARTANs provided the flats for Misc to port into to take out Dacia (I am still not convinced of the truth to this story regardless of who says what) this caused Dacia to declare on SPARTANs and in turn declare on Brutes.
    This war was a fun war to be apart of, no real porting involved as it was a state war, and we generally took on our neighbours (I had been neighbours with Sorin82 for all this time and I had high respect for Sorin82 as a player and when I took out one of his cities I was extremely proud and I think that was the day I earned his respect), it started off pretty even, Dacia had the superior fire power, and we had the superior numbers, it started off pretty even some great hits/city caps on both sides during this time it was a huge test to Brutes as the war showed our recent lack of inactivity, by this time I had also jumped from member – officer – presbyter – vice host – host within the space of a month or so, I made the hard decision to merge us into our main allies alliance SPARTANs (just prior to this Mentat (Host of Dacia) decided to take out my 100k Cavalry I was the only Brutes to have it, DAMN YOU MENTAT!) I had the plan to form a much more active power alliance that could go toe to toe with Dacia, it continued to go well for a number of weeks, slowly bit by bit, Dacia ate away at us wasn’t so much a losing cycle as a lack of heart from our end and teamwork which Dacia maintained to do and be much more effective at doing.

By now we had reached the end of 2009 and coming into 2010 we had looked back and realised we had forgotten our common goal of securing Romagna from outside threats and SPARTANs decided to cease fire with Dacia and merge into them forming the most powerful alliance Romagna had seen up to this point.

During this time it was a peaceful time of getting to know each other properly and to make sure we were all on the same page, we ended up bringing in some Phantom members who were old school Sentinel players, this made Dacia even more powerful pushed us and cemented our place just outside the top 5, we then decided to look for war against another top 10 alliance, during this time the top 10 where all against each other apart from 1 other and that was Ravens2, they also had quite a few cities in Romagna so we decided to go ahead and declare, the following month or so was fun Dacia were slightly more attack minded with the likes of Tuffinmops, Tinman, Lord-Murph, Mentat and WHYHELLO and the newer members of Celeste, Blyent, Myself, Evilnator and the even newer Phantom guys, Ravens2 were powerful with the likes of Zink, Bitty, Kitiara, Mizree, QS and W@rden, and it formed a great and strong rivalry after a short while we had earned each other’s respect and another merge came in the form of Ravens2 merging into Dacia, within days/weeks the Jupiter guys of realsledge, Laird and Halle joined this as you can all imagine formed a real power alliance and pushed us into the top 2.

This got the attention of a certain Tercio ranked 1, the declaration followed, and this is when a true test of our abilities came, Tercio started light with 1 or 2 cities, but things soon started to open up and before long a hub of Dacian cities (containing Mentat, Sorin82, Myself and Bitty) became a warzone with the likes of (Warfield, Buddha, Deutronomy and Cheeba) it was a few weeks of intense fighting but it was very much a stalemate, Dacia struggled a little with the amount of alliances that had declared on us (funny how history repeats itself) and with this we came together and planned strategies wisely, it ended pretty soon once again and before long we had both annulled and gone our separate ways, by now we have reached around June 2010 and this was an easy and light time for Dacia, only 3 months away from what we now know was going to be the server mergers of servers 4, 5 and 6.
    Last edited by Brutes; 07-14-2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Changing of Names

AUGUST 2010 END OF SERVER 6 AND START OF SUPER SERVER 38 (MERGING SERVER’S 4, 5 AND 6)

Settling into the new server was different we saw some big players and some big heroes, the fighting of server 6 alliances right up to the point of the server merger and beyond, was the downfall, wars quickly came around and ours came in the form of Nemesis, an issue with Dacian sister alliances and Nemesis caused Mentat and Rotorboy to go to war, this was our true wakeup call, out of all the servers there is no doubt in my mind that we were by far the least prepared, we found Nemesis extremely difficult to handle, but as normal Dacian policy we were great defenders when online, and it was our best tactic against Nemesis at the time, shortly after The_Just decided to declare on us as well, this made the job even harder the huge problem that Nemesis caused us just got even more difficult and it was affecting our confidence (credit to a lot of the Nemesis guys and The_Just players of the time, great attackers and you forced us to learn the hard way)

From August 2010 – August 2011 the time was spent with just a variety of Server 5 alliances declaring on us and warring us in teams of 2 or above this was probably Dacia’s toughest time, we were constantly warring multiple top alliances and we lost a group of players who decided to either go to Nemesis, or quit the game altogether, we went down to our lowest number and suffered because of it, the wars and lack of fight/passion from our end continued for the remainder of 2011, until I put into motion the plan for CHILL to merge into us with Bitty as host (I’m pretty good with my diplomacy skills )

2012 arrived and CHILL merged into Dacia forming an incredibly strong line up of players, this was my happiest moment in ss38 so far as it brought back 3 of my closest and loved friends in Bitty(love my gem), tigrlily(close to my heart, love her to bits) and Brom(well Brom has been a great and trustworthy ally since I have known him) and made Dacia strong with regards to knowledge/troop and heroes, the wars with multiple top alliances have continued, we are currently at war with Crucifix – The_Just – Entropy – Veterans_6 and all of their families I’ve never seen so many alliances against just 1 before but it obviously happens, reminds me a very much of when Tercio and friends declared on us back in server 6, we survived that and became stronger and we will survive this and become stronger.

There are many players I have seen fight and fought myself obviously naming them all is going to be incredibly difficult but the following people have made an impression on me within the game, my friends all know what I think of them, we all talk on Skype but I will leave a footnote of names below of the ones that I have found to be great alongside me:-

Unread – Still the best host I have ever had and the best runner of an alliance I have seen.

Izopaciti – Unreads nephew and my wingman, I ended up very close with him until he quit shortly after merger and now living it up in Florida I believe.

Et Rolio – A beast on server 6 and if he comes back full time would love to see the devastation.

Zink – 1st guy I saw to use mechs not many could take down Dacian walls but he succeeded.

Sorin82 – The one guy I would love to see back, like many old school Dacians if they all came back I’d love to see the devastation of attacks/defences they could bring with them.

Kvothe – A great attacker and defender and all round nice guy glad to have known him.

Mr North – Always impressed with how he handled himself, he always whispered me and said nice war city too

Redoubt – A guy I came to know through diplomacy, glad to have talked to him, has his head screwed on right which is unusual in Evony.

Evintide – In a stupid and pathetic world that involves trash talk and low tactics, I have found him to be a fair player and man of his word.

And now the guys who I have had the pleasure of knowing closely, I feel these guys are the best of my friends on here past and present

Unread, Izopaciti, WildWeasle Buddha, Sandvina, SnowSprite, Subterfuge(old one I’m not talking about myself) Blyent, DarkLurker, RedHedLady, PlumCrazy, WHYHELLO, Sorin82, Laird, Halle, Bitty, Ladyzion, tigrlily, Brom, Ssfgrgawer, Ever

I have missed so many names out but these where the names that 1st came to me all of my Skype contacts are friends so don’t feel left out

I’d like to wrap this up now, firstly a detailed and long history with server 6 I was much more active back then, apologies for the short super server 38 history, I’m not as active as before and I don’t find the game as much fun these days.

IMPROVISE – ADAPT – OVERCOME

DACIA HAVE BEEN HERE AND TOP 10 FOR 3 YEARS AND WE ARE STILL HERE

A final footnote with regards to an old and dear friend Evilnator, myself and Evil where the closest of friends, only Blyent had known him longer, Evil sadly passed away early last year from cancer it is why many Dacian flags now say Evil in honour of him, would of loved to drink a beer with him but unfortunately the time never presented itself, Evil when my time comes mate lets have that beer, I hope your happy mate wherever you are

The names Subterfuge now you know my history
    Last edited by Brutes; 07-14-2013 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Adding of Names (forgot to include Wild lol)

Well put mate, Love the outro.

now i gotta do one myself :/ lol

Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

obviously myself and ssf are psychic, today I made the decision to walk away hope everyone enjoys themselves

I wrote my own story, I did mine after reading BigNorr's. It's a little bit dated, I wrote it quite a while ago but I had fun writing it and talking to old friends to make sure I had all my information correct and I'm sure you also enjoyed writing this.
    I'm not trying to advertise my own story, just saying I know how it feels to write one and it provides an easy way to remember your evony life when you quit the game (As I quit after writing my story)
    Nice to read, well laid out and managed to keep me interested through out, good story
    Quote Originally Posted by ImInsane View Post
    Well, if you are gonna put it that way, it kinda means that you pay for something that you NEVER receive. As your game account doesn't belong to you at all, you pay Evony for a service, Evony receives the payment AND Evony receives the service you ordered.
    Have truer things been said?

Quote Originally Posted by LordH_WN2 View Post
    I wrote my own story, I did mine after reading BigNorr's. It's a little bit dated, I wrote it quite a while ago but I had fun writing it and talking to old friends to make sure I had all my information correct and I'm sure you also enjoyed writing this.
    I'm not trying to advertise my own story, just saying I know how it feels to write one and it provides an easy way to remember your evony life when you quit the game (As I quit after writing my story)
    Nice to read, well laid out and managed to keep me interested through out, good story

Thanks for that I read yours a few weeks back but decided to re-read and another good story by yourself, very well spread out and well put together

Being an old (though long retired) S6er myself, I've appreciated the story you've told here. My condolences for the loss of your friend, too- these sorts of things are sad to hear about, but it always warms the heart to know so many will keep them alive in memory.

From one retired S6er to another, I offer you well wishes in the next chapter of your life.
    It's all Rodri's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    Being an old (though long retired) S6er myself, I've appreciated the story you've told here. My condolences for the loss of your friend, too- these sorts of things are sad to hear about, but it always warms the heart to know so many will keep them alive in memory.

From one retired S6er to another, I offer you well wishes in the next chapter of your life.

Hello Alusair I remember seeing somewhere you were an old school server 6 player, thanks for the words and hope you are well

You guys don't know me,
    But I was from s5. My name was Trooper and I played untill a few months after merge. I really enjoyed this story, very well laid out and a fun read!

I love the Story

Me a late Bloomer ( Server 48) It was great read and love to be there with u.

I writing only a small story of my own Servers feeling like i should write one..........

By Morgan Le Fay