Thread: Mount & Blade: Warband

Default Mount & Blade: Warband

Any fans out there? Maybe just M&B without warband even. Or fire and sword. Or any M&B, although that's all of 'em as far as I know.

Favourite kingdom? Any incredible battles to share?

Thanks Morgan for the awesome signature and avatar!
    <15:28>[NoobTank]: i might not be here for all u know
    <15:29>[smoothme]: true u might b a figment of my constipation
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: dont u mean imagination lol
    <15:30>[smoothme]: oh yeah lol
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: not quite the same thing lol

Building a religion... a limited edition...

I usually pick Rhodock and kick the Sarranid Sultanate out of MY damn country. After gaining enough reputation as an all around standup guy and ass kicker, I start removing Swadia, then the Nords, then the Khergit.

All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayr View Post
    Any fans out there? Maybe just M&B without warband even. Or fire and sword. Or any M&B, although that's all of 'em as far as I know.

Favourite kingdom? Any incredible battles to share?
    As of lately I have been playing warband. Was kingdom of the Vaegris until I set out and started my own kingdom. Have wiped out khergit and sarranid sultanate. I am now working on killing off the nords. Armed with my army of 100 Vaegir knights. Which in my opinion are the best men to have in your party.
    Sickness
    Retired: Na1,Na32,Na41,Na57,Na58,Na59
    Mech first, ask questions later.

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth
    Sickness has a valid point.
    Ya.

It really depends on your play style. I always joined up with the Nords, and got an army of 100-200 berserkers. Always the starting war with Vaegirs, then the Swadians...

You should also look up native expansion. Best. Mod. Ever. Brings everything to a whole new level, new troops and whatnot, and the dark knights...well you'll find out about them soon enough. Try fighting an army of 1000 in a battle (theres a program to change battle size to 1k). They're tough. To say the least. A force of 200 can rip apart 600 fully trained troops on easiest difficulty. Now do it on max :P

Building a religion... a limited edition...

Why do people use only 1 troop type? I run with a mix of nothing but the best. Sarranid archers, Nord Beserkers, Swadian Knights, Khergit Horse Archers/Lancers, Rhodock Crossbowmen, and Vaegirs Archers and Knights.

All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

Without any mods, I never found much of a need.

With native expansion, the one I play they changed the troops completely. Peasant tiers, which come from villages, noble tier, which are recruited the same as villages, but from towns - and you must be a vassal or monarch, and elites, which are only recruited with a special building you have to build in a town while you are a monarch. Makes things quite a bit more interesting, and gives all the kingdoms far more diversity. Like the nords have raiding cavalry as nobles, and they get to be trained into thanes later on.....and the monarchs/lords and stronger.

And since there's no stories of battles yet, I'll tell one of my own short ones.

It was my first ever game. I was horrible. I was a vassal of the Emir whatshisface and I'd been invited to a feast. So I thought, oh yeah I'll go to that. Now as I'm sure most players would know....the desert has a ton ass of bandits. I got caught, and slaughtered by a few hundred, my force being small, and me being inexperienced. I eventually escaped...but all I had left was a small amount of food, and my equipment thankfully. But they took my weapon. Then I still wanted to make it to the feast....so I tried again. I was attacked by a force of 30. I thought I could beat them usually...but I had my fist as a weapon. So valiantly, I charged with my horse, and after much effort, I finally knocked a guy out with my fist...then I grabbed his mace, and managed to obliterate the rest of them....I was very proud of myself. Then I got to the town the feast was to be held at.

It was already over.
    Last edited by Deathslayr; 05-14-2012 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayr View Post
    Without any mods, I never found much of a need.

With native expansion, the one I play they changed the troops completely. Peasant tiers, which come from villages, noble tier, which are recruited the same as villages, but from towns - and you must be a vassal or monarch, and elites, which are only recruited with a special building you have to build in a town while you are a monarch. Makes things quite a bit more interesting, and gives all the kingdoms far more diversity. Like the nords have raiding cavalry as nobles, and they get to be trained into thanes later on.....and the monarchs/lords and stronger.

And since there's no stories of battles yet, I'll tell one of my own short ones.

It was my first ever game. I was horrible. I was a vassal of the Emir whatshisface and I'd been invited to a feast. So I thought, oh yeah I'll go to that. Now as I'm sure most players would know....the desert has a ton ass of bandits. I got caught, and slaughtered by a few hundred, my force being small, and me being inexperienced. I eventually escaped...but all I had left was a small amount of food, and my equipment thankfully. But they took my weapon. Then I still wanted to make it to the feast....so I tried again. I was attacked by a force of 30. I thought I could beat them usually...but I had my fist as a weapon. So valiantly, I charged with my horse, and after much effort, I finally knocked a guy out with my fist...then I grabbed his mace, and managed to obliterate the rest of them....I was very proud of myself. Then I got to the town the feast was to be held at.

It was already over.
    Oh, feel bad for you. Picking Sarranid as your starting location isn't for the faint of heart. I picked Nord on my first character. I'm a well respected Jarl in the Kingdom of Nords, owning the city of Curaw (helped my kingdom to siege it from the Vaegir)
    We have pretty much wiped out the Swadians, as they only got 1 castle left. Damn Harlaus, making peace with us -.-
    Right now we are in war with Rhodok, the only nation that actually gives us trouble. They took Suno and Uxhhal from us, but we were able to retrieve them.

And I don't like using 1-kingdom-only units, as I use Nord Huscarls, Swadian Knights, Rhodok Sergeants and Sharpshooters and Vaegir Marksmen. I plan to use Sarranid Mamlukes and Khergit Veteran Horse Archers later on, when I have more money to spend.

btw, who is your favorite companion(s)? I prefer Marnid, the merchant dude. He's a surprisingly good knight. Can't forget about Artimenner, the siege expert and Jeremus, the doctor.
    http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx292/morgana5/Forum%20Sigs/jannge.png
    Sig made by Morgana
    Never forget those who died in WW2
    Quote Originally Posted by Holeypaladin View Post
    That's just funny.

Jannge is awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-DwjX-0E_8

Jeremus is good for the doctor, without a doubt. I can't remember the rest, cause the mod I use changes them quite a bit.

Try taking down the Rhodoks on the expansion, with 1k battle size. The problem is, captial towns of kingdoms get elite troops of their kingdom over time, automatically, bit by bit. That's Sargoth for Nords, Jelkala for the Rhodoks etc....

The best elite unit for the Rhodoks, are their arbalesters. They are immensely powerful. I tried to take Jelkala, when it had a garrison of 800. 200 were arabalesters. I had a force of 1200, well trained troops. On the easiest difficulty, they absolutely slaughtered me, and I only killed around 150 of their troops. Now do it on max :P

Also. You should get this. The mod I spoke of.