Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Haters

Default Haters

I have been reading loads of forum posts, and the same thing annoys me all over the place: Haters.

Although I'm fully aware of the fact that haters has been around since the big bang and that the first written proof of haters appeared in the bible, I don't see why haters are allowed to post freely on a forum where we all are told to stay on topic. I'm guessing that the moderators can't say what's on and off topic in game related threads, as they most likely have no idea what the members are talking about.
    May I suggest that a moderator who actually plays the game can get a moderator spot in sections like the 'Evony - Free Browser Strategy Game' section? (No offense to acer here, you're doing a great job man) Just a thought.

Another suggestion comes to mind: I know that haters will always be around, and that there's no way to make them disappear completely. But how about actively punishing off topic hating (which may or may not qualify to personal attacks), instead of spending 90% of the moderating time banning spambots (who will have 10 more spamaccounts made by the time you have banned that single account)?

As previously stated, we have always had haters around, and we always will. Jesus had 12 friends, and even one of them was a hater. What I want to know is simply: WHY ON A FORUM?
    If you're a hater, do you wake up in the morning with a smile on your face, or do you wake up before Jesus and the mexicans, angry as a wounded bull, ready for another day of hating?

How can anyone find hating entertaining? Why do people hate on others? I might understand that some of it might be out of jealousy, but why would you be jealous of someone on a forum? In real life it might be about money, partners and such, but on a forum? Come on.. Is that really necessary? The reason why this forum exists in the first place is to be a place where Evony players (active and inactive ones) can "socialize" and possibly help each other out and share opinions, right?

Please share your views, and stay on topic.

NOTE: I would love for this thread to stay open, so that people can post their views. So if any of the green gods find anything in this thread to be offensive or breaks the forum rules in any way, please edit in a way that doesn't ruin the point made. Or maybe even contact me by PM or skype for a chat, where we can work out how to make the thread "legal". Thanks
    Last edited by ImInsane; 05-22-2012 at 10:10 AM.

lol someones gonna post something like this so i thought id be the first

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

Do I count as a hater?
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    I'm going to party like it's 1999.
    Server 188 - Fear

Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    lol someones gonna post something like this so i thought id be the first

lol - and straight to trolling.. haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopster View Post
    Do I count as a hater?
    If you find yourself posting loads of negative comments about good players - Yes.
    If you feel like this thread could point towards you as well as anyone else - Yes, most likely. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ImInsane View Post
    lol - and straight to trolling.. haha
    did you expect anything less

but on topic theres nothing that can really be done about the idiots out there, it comes down to the same issue emma6 raised with that video posted. some ppl hold themselves to higher standard of conduct and respect when talking to ppl whether in rl or from behind a keyboard. others think that since theyre behind a keyboard they can spout whatever bs they like at ppl

youve got 3 choices with haters, either get riled up and react to them, ignore them, or completley take the pi$$ out of them(my personal favourite)

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

A wise man once told me....

Haters gon hate
    Well, if you are gonna put it that way, it kinda means that you pay for something that you NEVER receive. As your game account doesn't belong to you at all, you pay Evony for a service, Evony receives the payment AND Evony receives the service you ordered.
    Have truer things been said?

I don't hate on good reports. I occasionally post some criticisms on good reports, if there is room for improvement. I do, however, often hate on company policy. I think that hatred is justifiable.

Why don't we fight fire with fire and hate on the haters???

Oh, wait...

.... waiting for Lucas101 to get online and see this thread, since he once stated that he enjoys antagonising people just to see how far he can push it

Bottom line... usually people hate online because they have no genitals in RL to do it to someone's face. Hey, there's a faceless place I can go and pretend I'm someone worthwhile by putting down others.
    I don't believe in thinking before I speak
    I prefer to be just as surprised as everyone else by what I say

May I suggest that a moderator who actually plays the game can get a moderator spot in sections like the 'Evony - Free Browser Strategy Game' section? (No offense to acer here, you're doing a great job man) Just a thought.
    I thought acer did and still does play the game?