Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: Angel/Devil Strats

once upon a time there was a little girl named debbie who wanted to jump over the rainbow but she...

Quote Originally Posted by losthero View Post
    ok the cons of the gate item

4 of us ported in too a target each capping 1 npc thats 8 citys attacking

after applying the item we attacked 1 wall killing wave 79 125k cart waves

i now feal bad becouse the guy we did this too reset after loging 2h later and finding his insta balli hero limboed

he had around 23 mil scouts 4 mil mech 7 mil arch + others cav sword and the like all of witch did nothing becouse we had gates closed

i have 17 more of these broken gate items and will not use them again evony need to remove this item from the offer

having seen first hand on how game ending this item is i feel it is a unfair item short of logging in and closing a players gates

non coiners will suffer bad as many cant truce cant port and cant holiday and have there fun Defending not porting and hitting

i hope evony see that this 1 item is very bad the rest do very little but this gate one is very bad

ohh and bty 1h gate time close ? if i ant killed and emptyed a offline city inside 30 min i usely port on so think how fast we could enpty citys when we dont need to kill troops
    I highlighted some important points.

Sir, if 4 of you, attacking from 8 cities, have not managed to break an offline player for 2 hrs..
    Methinks you really needed that broken gates item

Anyhow, my point is.. The guy being offline for 2hrs, being attacked by 8 ciities, 4 players, would be dead anyway.
    lulz. strat or no strat.

A QUESTION?

How come you weren't able to cap his city after 2 hrs of hitting him? 2 hrs is a lot more than enough to bring his city to loyalty zero.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

How come you weren't able to cap his city after 2 hrs of hitting him? 2 hrs is a lot more than enough to bring his city to loyalty zero.
    once we emptyed his city of res which took 20 min we left to find another target to plunder we are not looking to end peoples game,s our server is dull enough as it is 2h was lots of time for the highist hero in the city to go due to lack of gold we tbh gussed there would all so have been a bot on such an account and not get to cap anyway

With his gates open we worked out that it would have taking @ least 20-40 min too kill troops and then another 20 too farm

thats working on 12 min march time timing mech yes we would have still killed it and took the res but giving when he loged his hero would not have revolted

his hero revolted due to lack of gold , highist paid hero leaves first also PG was up so city was roiting

heros start revolting 1 hour after the city has been emptyed of gold starting with highist paid so its not "random"

so we gussed with item 20 min emptys the city with out item we say closer to 1h to kill and empty due to march time and high hero defending
    Last edited by acer5200; 06-24-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    This doesn't have that power. We've purposely made sure it allows for effective defense strategies, and then made it rare enough that it's not going off everywhere like youtube rick rolls.

I do wonder what a "genuine" player is.
    As long as you online, can counter, port, holiday or truce. That is of course if you have those items or cents. I have asked those who state you can defend against this, to explain exactly how, without using those items. I have had no response, so I can only assume that there isn't a way to do so if someone welds your gates shut. You also state this item is rare, losthero had 18 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by losthero View Post
    ok the cons of the gate item

4 of us ported in too a target each capping 1 npc thats 8 citys attacking

after applying the item we attacked 1 wall killing wave 79 125k cart waves

i now feal bad becouse the guy we did this too reset after loging 2h later and finding his insta balli hero limboed

he had around 23 mil scouts 4 mil mech 7 mil arch + others cav sword and the like all of witch did nothing becouse we had gates closed

i have 17 more of these broken gate items and will not use them again evony need to remove this item from the offer

having seen first hand on how game ending this item is i feel it is a unfair item short of logging in and closing a players gates

non coiners will suffer bad as many cant truce cant port and cant holiday and have there fun Defending not porting and hitting

i hope evony see that this 1 item is very bad the rest do very little but this gate one is very bad

ohh and bty 1h gate time close ? if i ant killed and emptyed a offline city inside 30 min i usely port on so think how fast we could enpty citys when we dont need to kill troops
    Some poor guy had his game destroyed, yes maybe he could have rebuilt. I guess his heart just wasn't in it. 20 minutes was all it took. Maybe Evony should change the name of this item to 'The Freddy Krueger'.

One two, Freddy's coming for you.
    Three four, he's going to lock your doors.
    Five six, better buy those cents.
    Seven eight, better stay awake.
    Nine Ten, never have a life again.

All joking aside, the game is one of plunder and this just proves the point I have been trying to make. Cities do get taken, but around 99% of those are city transfers, not actual true city caps. Well that is the case on the server I play. I know people who have actually had this stated to them, by the guy attacking them. 'I don't want your cities, I just want your res'.

You want to open my gates, work away. Troops will fight and anything I lose will be justified. This I can handle. It's the closing of gates aspect, I very much dislike. There just isn't a fight full stop.
    Last edited by Eartha; 06-24-2012 at 09:37 AM.

ok, you use the item against someone, which is how it was planned anyway. Then come to the forums to post after you clean the guy out and make his heroes revolt how unfair it is and no one wants to see players quit.

You knew what was going to happen but you did it anyway. I feel a paradox coming on....

Thanks to Infinitus for the epic B'day pressie!

Gotta test for yourself, and after seeing first hand how bad it is, he comes here to say that it is, in fact, extremely unfair.

I don't think anybody else in this thread had actually obtained and used the item.
    Sig by Jade

S131, 148, 156, 165 (retired)

Lol loving these new items on SS56. Makes the game much more fun. Whats up with u guys?

Ok we have both used the items, and have had the items used on our alliance.

Yes you get a warning when it is used on you

Yes broken gates works as advertised

Yes these are outstanding items to break players of the following...

1.- auto truce account, set gates open and kill off army, account won't truce until their army is dead
    2.- mechD with instant wall and troop hero, hit with hero and pop debuff and enjoy
    3.- war city slammed full of near trillions in res and millions of troops, use all of the above, want to kill the troops open gates, want to loot the res, close them.

now with all that said, for the cost of the items if everything goes perfect and you acctually get to use them for longer then a single set of waves they are overpowering.

However, almost every time you attempt to use them the target ports/ truces / holiday's and therefore was a giant waste of money.

Yes i understand people's gripes about the fear of having your account destroyed over night, however back in the day that was always the fear prior to account babysitting. Now that there are so many accounts that are watched 24/7 this allows for a more level playing field even if just for a short time.

Now you can kill the guy on your step that won't go away because he attacks you when your offline, and when your online he auto truces every time you attack him/her. Now just open his gates up, kill his troops and as long as the target wins the fight they never truce, take that 1+bill burn war city and kill the troops away, once the troops are dead then bam autotruce kicks in on a troopless city...Priceless!

Happy hunting all

Quote Originally Posted by Hachi View Post
    Gotta test for yourself, and after seeing first hand how bad it is, he comes here to say that it is, in fact, extremely unfair.

I don't think anybody else in this thread had actually obtained and used the item.
    ive been using them, and have had them used on me, if they lock them shut then ill just port in a new city to replace it so they get nothing everyone else just runs from me (aside from Buck) when i use them on them
    Server: ss60
    Lord Name: Mistake (since Evony forced me to change it lol)
    Alliance: Nemesis
    Prestige: 1.1 billion
    Title: Prinzessin

So far it seems this was not a very popular package.
    I have read here and elsewhere that this was brought about by players requests. While I do not truly think that many players asked for a way to force open or closed gates, I know many have made other requests.
    I believe the most popular requests have been to sell the items in our inventory that we do not need, keys on the wheel, bring back multi tap farming and being able to open more then one amulet at a time.
    If Evony truly is interested in bringing forth suggestion by the players... why not act on the ones most request rather then one that had 9 players excited?
    How about a program similar to Canada's CrimeStoppers? We can call it BotStoppers... you can get up to 1000 coins for turning in Bot Players!

speaking sense is a crime here dont do it again phoenxx
    hey! youre the tvrd im just the fly thats attracted to you