Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

Building a religion... a limited edition...

Quote Originally Posted by ssfgrgawer View Post
    scuse the french, but to buggery with that. most of that one was built in creative, with infinite cobblestone (looked awesome in the original text pack i had when i started it)

took me longer then months, and that was in creative mode with flying lol.

Imagine how long that will take if i gotta mine every iota of Cobblestone lol and if i gotta do the leg work to build it. Ill drain half the nearby map of stone LOL
    the moat will be from ground level to bedrock and be hundreds of blocks wide, lmao.

Plus i designed it according to the terrain, Id have to find a suitable location, And removing some mountains is NOT fun... (Even with creative lol) i removed about 4 smaller mountains from that castle. took a hell of a long time lol.

Oh and the sheer number coal needed to make the torches to light the battlements would be in the thousands.

and thats not even begining to go into the traps/Redstone doors/gates/ various other redstone works within it lol.
    You forget I have OP, Creative, and World Edit.

All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    You forget I have OP, Creative, and World Edit.
    lol but but but..... im really lazy!!!!

EDIT:

i dont know why, but i found a spot that is perfect for it, so i started building one. Tho it wont be as big as the original for a loooong time. Looks awesome in my current texture pack.

ive walked a fair distance so i should be fairly safe from griefing, and i put up signs asking politely to not grief.

ive ran into about 3 abandoned mineshafts that overlap each other while mining cobblestone, and found a tonne of usefull stuff, but no diamonds thus far for my enchantment table i need to help out my sword/bow/pick lol. killed about 3 cave spider nests and 1 normal spider nest and 1 skeleton nest. Theres overlapping tunnels all around where im building so theres tonnes of resources and spots for me to start mining from Lol.

Day 1:
    Keep worked out, basic inner walls finished, Higher up walls started. I hope to finish the higher walls tomorrow and start on the outer courtyards and outer walls... gonna be a big build :/ lol
    Last edited by ssfgrgawer; 06-18-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

Building a religion... a limited edition...

Quote Originally Posted by ssfgrgawer View Post
    lol but but but..... im really lazy!!!!

EDIT:

i dont know why, but i found a spot that is perfect for it, so i started building one. Tho it wont be as big as the original for a loooong time. Looks awesome in my current texture pack.

ive walked a fair distance so i should be fairly safe from griefing, and i put up signs asking politely to not grief.

ive ran into about 3 abandoned mineshafts that overlap each other while mining cobblestone, and found a tonne of usefull stuff, but no diamonds thus far for my enchantment table i need to help out my sword/bow/pick lol. killed about 3 cave spider nests and 1 normal spider nest and 1 skeleton nest. Theres overlapping tunnels all around where im building so theres tonnes of resources and spots for me to start mining from Lol.

Day 1:
    Keep worked out, basic inner walls finished, Higher up walls started. I hope to finish the higher walls tomorrow and start on the outer courtyards and outer walls... gonna be a big build :/ lol
    Suddenly 6 double chests of stone brick, cobblestone, and smooth stone appear. Also, if somebody griefs, lemme know, because they'll be lolb& instantly.

Also, why would you destroy spawners?!? They're excellent when it comes to making XP farms for enchanting. Just toss some torches on them next time, works much better lol
    Last edited by acer5200; 06-18-2012 at 02:36 PM.

All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    Suddenly 6 double chests of stone brick, cobblestone, and smooth stone appear. Also, if somebody griefs, lemme know, because they'll be lolb& instantly.

Also, why would you destroy spawners?!? They're excellent when it comes to making XP farms for enchanting. Just toss some torches on them next time, works much better lol
    Will do man and thanks a bunch man, I normally keep spider spawners. But cave spiders are harder to farm, because A: they can fit through 1x1 gap, and B: they kill you very fast.

also on other servers ive been on people have looked down on exp farming from spawners lol, so i tend to break em to take away the temtation. lol

Found this on google images earlier.

OMG
    Sickness
    Retired: Na1,Na32,Na41,Na57,Na58,Na59
    Mech first, ask questions later.

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth
    Sickness has a valid point.
    Ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Sickness View Post

OMG
    i wanna make it look my evony city how do i build warehouses?

Quote Originally Posted by Sickness View Post

OMG
    Minecraft evny pic
    pfft there clearly cheating, they have walls without a town hall. I call hax.

but that is kinda awesome.

How many people do you have on that server, Acer? And where could I find it? I could post some pictures of a small town I made if you want.
    http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx292/morgana5/Forum%20Sigs/jannge.png
    Sig made by Morgana
    Never forget those who died in WW2
    Quote Originally Posted by Holeypaladin View Post
    That's just funny.

Jannge is awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-DwjX-0E_8

Quote Originally Posted by jannge View Post
    How many people do you have on that server, Acer? And where could I find it? I could post some pictures of a small town I made if you want.
    From what ive seen, It varies from timezone to timezone, Ive been on with very few on, sometimes by my lonesome. Other times ive seen 7+ people on at once.

The server address is: mc.vontracraft.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Day 2 of Castle Build
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finished all lower walls completly now exept battlements (And thanks to Acer, The cobblestone is now stone brick, so looks far better.)

First tower completed, with battlements

Farm worked on to provide food for myself.

Started a tree farm for the wooden planks that adorn the walls/Innards of the castle/ Footpaths. and for the sticks to make the many thousands of torches i will need by the time this project is done.

didnt do too much mining today, as i was not on the server for more then a few hours, and that time was spent doing the res of the inner walls.

It looks great in my current texture pack, dunno how it looks in standard pack.

.SS

Final edit:
    Must stop standing perfectly still while waiting on cobblestone to smelt into stone for stone slabs. been killed 3 times by creepers and not noticed till 20 min later when all my stuff disapears. Mabey tomorrows first job is lighting the area up a little better lol.
    Last edited by ssfgrgawer; 06-19-2012 at 10:48 AM.

ssfgr, if you want then I could maybe help you with your castle? I've only made one small one with creative mode, but it sure was a nice castle. And have anyone watched Sjin's (of the Yogscast) videos where he shows when he builds a huge castle and a medieval city with it? If you haven't, then you might want to as you could get some nice ideas from it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUozL...ure=plpp_video

And can I ask what texture pack your using? I'm using the one that Sjin is using, LB RPG Realism. And how can I upload pictures from my computers to this thread?
    Last edited by jannge; 06-19-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx292/morgana5/Forum%20Sigs/jannge.png
    Sig made by Morgana
    Never forget those who died in WW2
    Quote Originally Posted by Holeypaladin View Post
    That's just funny.

Jannge is awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-DwjX-0E_8