Thread: E3 2012

Thumbs up E3 2012

Did anyone else pay attention to this year's E3? I did And now i'm going to force my thoughts of it upon anyone reading this. Feel free to share yours as well though and click the links (they're all different and lead somewhere new).

~Overall thoughts:
    Only Ubisoft had a notable surprise*... everything else was expected.

~Sony:
    I thought the PS Vita games they showed were lacking in the press conference. But coverage of their booth showed a lot of the 60+ titles in the works. I saw 3-5 HUGE exclusive titles in there too (CoD, Killzone, Resistance, Assassin's Creed, PS All-Stars).

PS Move book thingy took up too much time... I was happy to see Sorcery during the course of the event though. Looks like it's due to be released soon.

Not too much to report on exclusives though (Nothing we didn't already know that is). The new God Of War (Ascension) looks great as expected with anything Santa Monica creates. Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us" looks awesome. One game that I need to see a bit more of to make up my mind on, is PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. Which is essentially Super Smash Bros but for PlayStation... looks interesting.

EDIT2: I forgot about Beyond! From the makers of Heavy Rain. I need to see more but it looks solid so far.

~Microsoft:
    SmartGlass looks cool... I guess?

Halo 4 looks like the same old Halo... Gears looks good. Forza is Forza... Nothing interesting, fresh or exciting here. Move along.

~Nintendo:
    So, umm, are they releasing their not-so-next-gen console soon? Cuz I didn't see much about it or any reason that I should buy it... Wait! It can now play games that have been out for a while so I should totally replace my current console that can already do that with a brand new one that can as well. lolwut? :/

I liked the new Luigi Mansion though, and Pikmin 3!

~Electronic Arts:
    Bunch of sports stuff... BF Premium FTW! Crysis 3 looks solid and so does the new Medal of Honor (Warfighter).

~Ubisoft: *Winner winner chicken dinner!
    By far the best press conference out of everyone games-wise. Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry 3, and most importantly Watch Dogs. The Self-Twitter-labeled 'GTA-Killer'. So much hype from just 2 clips already. And I've got to say... it looks warranted; the game looks unreal. Can't wait to get more info on it. AC3 looks beastly too. I remember being surprised about 3-4 times during the demo because I didn't think he was going to be able to go places that he went.

~Notable Others:
    I think the only thing missing here is ActivisionBlizzard and Rockstar. Both are never at E3 because they think themselves too big for it (Blizz has Blizzcon so I can see where they're coming from :P).

However Activison always makes an appereance at Xbox's conference due to their contract So here's some Black Ops 2 footage *insert eyeroll and BF3 roflstomp here*

EDIT: I almost forgot the new Tomb Raider and Splinter Cell! Tomb Raider looks incredibly fun, a LOT like Uncharted. And Splinter Cell just looks plain great.

So, what did I miss? Let me know, cuz i'm still scouring sites for more E3 coverage. There's so much footage it's ridiculous!!
    Last edited by eric0095; 06-15-2012 at 05:38 AM.

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    "
    - Albert Einstein

Hi Eric

I gotta say the most exciting product that got me going was what Ubisoft had to offer in terms of Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs (Hate to admit but I'd never heard of this title until reading your post and I've gotta say DOES IT LOOK GOOD!

The other obvious ones for me being the likes of Medal of Honor and Call of Duty as always, but I prefer my games to give me so much more, So I'll be impatiently waiting for what I see as the 2 big main ones Assassin's Creed (October 2012 I believe?) and Watch Dogs (Early 2013? maybe Summer 2013?)

*Hint Hint* Guess the Character
    Last edited by Brutes; 06-15-2012 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Date Change

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

About the Nintendo next gen console allowing someone to play games for the previous console...
    The same could be said about the Wii's launch back in(I forgot what year lol). If you don't know what I'm talking about, well the Wii can play Gamecube games :O
    NA19 forever

Does anybody actually read this?