Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOTM #3 [Voting]

Arrow SOTM #3 [Voting]

Greetings and welcome to the 3rd Signature of the Month Contest - Voting!

Theme for this month is Batman!

Voting ends: 11:59 PM (-5 GMT), Saturday, 30th of June 2012.

Voting rules are as follows:
    1. All contestants must vote before the end of the voting period. Failure to vote immediately disqualifies the contestant from the SOTM.
    2. Contestants cannot vote for themselves.
    3. Only members with Knight title and above can vote.
    4. You are to choose your top three picks, and list them accordingly, including reasons/C&Cs about each one. Votes without these will not be counted.
      Please follow this format:
      1st place / 3 points: Ravenshwiiiinggg - wonderful execution of idea, vibrant colors, great lighting. Can use some work on the text, but overall it's a nice piece.
      2nd place / 2 points: BoxyFunny - the lighting is a bit off, there are a few grainy areas, but the render used is brilliant and the C4Ds used complement the tag very well.
      3rd place / 1 point: Lawnsweeper - a bit monotone and the text is unreadable, but the background is great and I think it makes the render stand out.
      Don't forget to vote in the poll for next month's theme! --> FOLLOW THIS LINK***
    5. Only one place/rank per contestant that you vote. Doing otherwise will invalidate the rest of your votes.
    6. Votes garnered from alt accounts will not be counted and the individual will be summarily removed from the SOTM, and will be banned from joining the next one. (Yeah we can check your IPs, so don't bother. )
    7. Soliciting for votes is prohibited. Anyone doing so will also be removed from the contest.
    8. If the voting period has already ended, but the thread is still left open, anyone can still vote. (Following the IB4TL tradition.)
    9. All questions / discussions about the voting process should be posted in the Artists' Lounge thread. Those deliberately posting discussions will be red-repped.

PRIZES:
    • Rep points from DWorth (20ish pts)!
    • Will be sported by DWorth, with a link to your shop (if applicable) featured in his sig.
    • Voting power increased to three for SOTM #4 theme selection. VOTE HERE
    • Featured on Evony's official facebook page!

Want to give rep and/or wear the winning sig for future SOTM's? Send me a Visitor Message!

With that said, let the voting commence! Good luck and have fun.
    ~Eric
    Last edited by eric0095; 07-02-2012 at 02:43 AM.

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    "
    - Albert Einstein

::: The Entries :::

Prodigy the 5

Abdiel

KrazyKazza

~Jade~

Morgan le Fay

􄆑T

Server139Player (collab)

Don Ezio

Sickness

~ End of Entries ~

Nice round of work here, this is going to be difficult but alas someone has to have my vote.

1st Don Ezio, nice effects and blending. It's also Lego Batman FTW!!
    2nd Beast, I have a soft spot for vector brushing. This has been done very nicely here
    3rd Abdiel, using a background and overlay effect, it almost works.

Have to say the entries this month have been of a very high standard. The three I've picked just caught my eye but if I could y'all got a point.

Thanks to Infinitus for the epic B'day pressie!

Oh my, all are so good! Choosing is so hard and I do not feel qualified to pass comment but I will try. My choices are based on the end result and what they started out as (links for effects used etc).

1st Place / 3 pts: Don Ezio - I love this, so clean with beautiful blending. I think the only small detail I would add is a few tiny highlights but tbh it was only when I saw it next to the render on your own forum sig that I thought this. Its beautiful and just WOW!

2nd Place / 2pts: Morgan Le Faye - I love the balance of colours and the softness that doesnt detract from the menace. Lovely.

3rd Place / 1 pt : Abdiel - Although the art work is super, I think the caption really pulls the whole piece together and completes the picture. Its menacing and tells a story. Super

I would like to comment on them all as all warrant it. Like Morgan I would give everyone a point if i could.

* Tweety is sooo cute and I love the crisp Bat logo and use of brushes.
    * Beast's Joker, never in a million years would I have thought of using flowery brushes and it looks so so good.
    * Prodigys batman is lovely but maybe a bit lost in effects but still wow
    * Server's reminds me of Bohemian Rhapsody and a super idea
    * Sickness hats off for going out of his comfort zone and trying gimp.

Hell of a tough choice this round, as allways.

1st/3 points - Gotta go to Don Ezio, for making lego batman look badass. background seems to draw you into the batman render, which makes it seem more dramatic in my eyes.

2nd/2 points - Prodigy the 5, Love the render, and the background to me makes it seem almost sinister. some sweet effects in there.

3rd/1 point - B3A5T, Loved this one never thought id see a flower brush help make a pic look mean, and suit someone like the Joker so well. works so well in my oppinion, Love the red splatter too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    4th/over 9000 points - Mopster. Despite being disqualified for wrong size sig, Dunno how Eric hasnt allready given him the win imo
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

1st place / 3 points: Don Ezio- Another masterpiece! It is different and all effects are well used and placed.
    2nd place / 2 points:Server139Player/Morgan collab- Very simple and clean.
    3rd place / 1 point:~Jade~- Different then the other entries. Would like to see it better blended.
    Sig by the lovely Luda
    Available Sigs

1st place / 3 points: Don Ezio - perfect Can use some work on the text, but overall it's a nice piece.
    2nd place / 2 points: Server139Player (collab) - plain and simple but well executed, i like it.
    3rd place / 1 point: Prodigy the 5 - well blended and i like the render, perhaps just a lil too much going on.

-- Visit my Sig Shop --
    ...Click Here...

1 - Ezio - It's really pretty, and I like the cartoonish feel and your blending. The text under "Batman" is a bit hard to read, but I like how the flatness fits with the bg.
    2 - Prodigy - I like your use of C4Ds and the blending, but I think the bg could be a bit sharper and look less powdery. Your text is kinda dark, but the font is cool.
    3 - Morgan - I like the circles and colors, and I don't know if it's just the server messing with resolutions again, but the render overly rough?

Thanks Raven for the sig

1) Sickness - I really like the cartoon-stylized version of Batman and the background!
    2) Morgan - The Joker is my favourite villain and I really like the "happy" background - makes him all the more sinister.
    3) Jade - Because Tweetie bird batman rocks and I love how you did the text.