Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Online Notification

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Light Year View Post
    Seeing as how I have never lost a city I cant really compare to this player, altho, I do feel I have the right to say this. Learn how to play, get a good alliance that will help you out and u should never have to worry about losing a city. This might help as well. If u play legit, stop building unprotected cities, and try to stay away from bigger players.
    stop building unprotected cities?
    he's new, how do you go about that?

Quote Originally Posted by LeoDaVinci View Post
    I am downright sick and tired of signing on and finding out one or more of my cities has been NPC'd. It's so frustrating.
    meh, losing cities is part of the game

Quote Originally Posted by LeoDaVinci View Post
    Am I supposed to open my gates and just let the army I've been working on over the last week die? Then what? I go offline again with no army to defend my city?
    here's the go, if you leave your gates closed
    your army doesn't fight
    you look like a noob or an inactive
    you are easy prey to those around you
    your army doesn't get any help from the wall fortifications when they do fight because...
    your wall fortifications are wiped, when your army isn't fighting, so....
    when you get to loy 5, your gates open and your troops die easy
    so, to answer your question, yes you leave your gates open
    and you have a few scouts so that when the players around you scout with 1 scout to see if you're active, they find gates closed and scouts in the house
    that would have been enough for me to leave you to build, but some players will still wipe you just because they find it fun to kill little players
    don't keep masses of resources in your cities, use them to build troops or what ever but don't stockpile... you invite attack when you're resource rich

you MUST be in an alliance, you're new so you won't get into a good one
    better to find players that are close that will let you in
    once in become friends with your alliance mates so that if you get attacked they want to help you

after you've played for a while you can get into a better alliance

i played for more than 3 years while working, building a house, taking the kids on holidays
    the difference is, i was never really bothered when i was attacked while off line, i kind of expected it

if you want to play a game that allows you to be safe when you aren't on line...
    well, not evony
    Last edited by Balaam; 08-08-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    blessed are the geeks: for they shall inherit the earth

Quote Originally Posted by Balaam View Post
    stop building unprotected cities?
    he's new, how do you go about that?
    Easily. Dont build a second city until he can defend his main

Fan of BOTS!!! ( Auto-Bots Of Course )

:/ oh, thanks that's very helpful

In response:

Based on the responses it seems the only counterproductive strategy is to be online 24/7.

I am in an good alliance. It's impossible to "stay away" from bigger enemies when they also have access to advanced teleports and purposefully move right next to you to take you down when you're offline.

What fun is there in taking over a city that isn't being defended? There's no combat strategy involved in that type of gameplay. It's like taking over an NPC. You lose some troops in the fight but there's no human response (such as advanced speech).

Walls are practically useless in this game, aside from prolonging the inevitable. An enemy can shoot out 9 to 10 attacks at a time, so after the first wave my walls are practically gone.

Don't build more cities, really? Is that a strategy? I'm perplexed. I use multiple cities for multiple reasons. I think "only building one city" is a poor excuse for what is in reality just poor gameplay. Not on the player's part necessarily, by all means, but more on the side of the developers.

I may as well turn on some multiplayer Halo and go to bed after the match starts, leaving myself out in the middle of the battle.

Oh and I forgot to add: Haha, yeah I'm going to pay 100 cents per month so I can get email alerts about being attacked. Because if I'm out with my family or at work and I get one of those emails, I'm surely going to race home to defend my city.

I know I seem a bit perturbed but in all fairness I thank you for your response. I understand you are not the developers of the game so I am not lashing out at you directly, more so at the developers vicariously.

#InBeforeTheStorm
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMistakes View Post
    I hope Siphon doesnt post

Considering I have a total of 14 posts, guess this is the most ideal place to advance to knight.

Your idea can work - But spying is certainly an issue.

Though it's difficult to be a spying host. I would assume the host has the best interests for an alliance or they are not doing their job.

Therefore the host, as an added privledge in the options list over Vice host, I believe, should have perhaps a channel or something as such to be told when a player logs in & out as you have explained in your first post in this thread. In short, your idea to be applied to a seperate window or what not for a host only to see. This will enable a better resistance to espionage giving an alliance a chance to remove them because, as Melri I believe from memory (?) said, it is difficult to weed out the rats.

Differing a bot from a genuine player though defeats this purpose logging on. But I would certainly love to know log-off times as log-ins can be detected to an extent via Last Online.

As for the person who spoke about not being 24/7 available, whatever else as I can't recall and am lazy to scroll back, chances are most players don't play 24/7. Bots again defeat this but nonetheless you lose some and you get some. Hit back if hit and don't be afraid to war. If the foe is to great, get your alliance to help you. If they can't do a thing then join another one until you find which alliance benefits you as a member. If there is none on your server, join mine in ss38 and there will be a team for you.

Of course this is open to debate. Just my input and more importantly, advancement to Knight .
    Last edited by MirsDej; 08-09-2012 at 05:41 AM.
    The_Just & H Miramar ss38.

the feature you're suggesting is kind of available by looking at the member's tab and sort by last on-line (or what ever it's called)

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

Quote Originally Posted by Balaam View Post
    the feature you're suggesting is kind of available by looking at the member's tab and sort by last on-line (or what ever it's called)
    Last online tells me when a player last logs on. I would be in favour to see a feature telling me when a player loggs out. Bot and player will be hard to distinguish so that is a fault. Nonetheless it would be somewhat accurate to an extent.
    The_Just & H Miramar ss38.

Quote Originally Posted by Melri View Post
    In a 100 member alliance, there are 99 suspects with no real proof of "leaks" and such.
    (I think im safe in assuming the host doesn't spy lol)

Spies nowadays are really smart. Most of the time the only way you'll ever catch them is if they make a blunder like a failed whisper or wc.

And since all bots login after maintenance, there's no way of knowing who's the real player/spy and who's the bot who logged in after maintenance.
    a good spy nowadays is not even a spy at all, just a real player that started out in the alliance but plans on leaving then turns into a spy.