Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: The Academy [Remake 3.0, RP thread]

Adrian merely nodded. "Nice crossbow you've got there. My father's smiths would have a field day looking at that thing."

Turning his bow towards the target, he loaded it with one of the metal arrows... And fired. The arrow hit the target very close to the center, burying itself unusually deep into the target.

"That's the virtue of arrows made of denser material than wood. If you've the strength to shoot it, you usually kill whatever you're targeting." He then went to work emptying the lightening quiver into the target, knowing that it was going to be a sad five minutes prying all those arrows out of the target.
    Formerly known as Jurnis

Sabuit shrugged. "It was crafted for me for my century by my father, a very skilled craftsman for whom making something such as this is child's play. The string is actually made of mithril, but with a coating so that I don't cut my fingers, and the bolts it fires are armour-piercing, which means that no target is safe. The action is enchanted, too, thanks to my mother. 'Tis a fine weapon, and one that is very close to me - it rarely leaves my right arm, unless in melee." She noticed that the half-breed had greeted her.

"My marksmanship is unsurpassed by any in my House, half-elf. As for introductions, my name is Sabuit Shadowstrider. It is good to see that despite your unfortunate parentage, respect and honour have not died within you. There's hope for you yet."

Looking back to Adrian's target, she noted how deep the arrows had penetrated the target. She laughed. "Have fun getting those out, Master Adrian."
    Last edited by BrotherhoodUK; 07-20-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Amaron only fell asleep once before being woken from the same nightmare he always had. He had realized Rak had left he quietly went to the window seeing everyone at the archery range he smiled a devious smile as he grabbed his bow and arrows.

Amaron Made his way quickly scaling the walls of the school until he was safely on top looking down at the range. Once he saw everyone stopped shooting he took an arrow and aimed it... This can be a message to you halfbreed he thought as he shot the arrow it went zooming down with furious speed cutting through 2 arrows embedded into the target and hitting the centre with another 4 behind it soon afterwards. He smiled at his aiming, "Who can beat a full blood elf? No one" he said muttering to himself
    Last edited by paingodsson; 07-20-2012 at 08:21 PM.
    may all who feel my blade know my pain
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=146907 read my story
    <15:37>[paingodsson]: well i usually save tjpse fpr of o, attled pr o, attlomg
    <15:37>[ThaCulprit]: wtf did you just say to me? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kemal Rondal View Post
    i support paingo-whatever.

"Yeah, they're designed to pierce any sort of armor, much like your darts. It's a good thing I've got a strong arm." With that, Adrian simply ripped the arrows one by one out of the target, and ended up with a messed up target, ten perfectly unscathed arrows, and a pair of slightly sore hands.

"It's nothing, my kind are inherently strong. Bows like that are literally made for people like me." He smiled at Sabuit, more as a gesture of friendship than anything else.
    Formerly known as Jurnis

Looking around with anger, Rak searched the darkness for whoever had broken his arrows. Seeing no one, Rak yelled out into the darkness, "Whoever did this is a dead man. I will see you dead for this!" Looking towards the drow, Rak says "Forgive my rude outburst, Sabuit, but I think you'd feel the same if someone destroyed your bolts. Furian, I would be honoured if you'd forgive me as well."

"What can I say? I'm not that strong, nor am I that tough, but I can hold my own in an armed fight." Sabuit walked up to her target and retrieved her bolts with ease - they were bodkins, designed to penetrate heavy armour and kill directly, rather than broadheads or barbed arrows, which cut into the target and held fast. They were also good for practice because of this - one didn't need to expend much in the way of energy to retrieve them.

Sabuit saw a few arrows descend from the skies and hit Rak's target, breaking some of his arrows. Turning around, distinctly unimpressed, she loaded her crossbow, and aimed at Amaron. "I can see you very clearly, Sylvan. You forget that I can see perfectly in the dark, and thus I can see your every movement. Wipe that grin off your face immediately, and do not shoot at another's target - it is dangerous and you could seriously injure someone. Not to mention that you fired very close to Adrian, which is possibly one of the stupidest things you could do, aside from approaching me three sheets to the wind. Stop acting like a damned child, Amaron, and grow up!"

Adrian had reacted swiftly. After the arrows had struck less than ten feet from him, he had picked up his own bow and was aiming one of his arrows directly at Amaron. "Looks like not everyone can be trusted to keep your temper, elf! Had you even wounded me your death would have been horrifying to behold!"

Adrian's glare probably would have curdled the blood of a Dragon, and it was fixed right on the wood elf. "You've got five seconds to get out of my range of fire, or by all the powers that exist on this earth, this arrow is going to pierce you!" He gave the bow more tension at his last words. Even if the wood eld had amazing lightning reflexes and had time to dodge this thing, his arrow would be able to bury itself in the very stone the wall was made of, with the sheer force this bow had behind it.
    Formerly known as Jurnis

Aiglos had terrible nightmares often, and could hardly sleep. He decided to take a few shots at the targets to take his mind off things. getting out of bed, he noticed a dwarf in the second bed.

damn i dont like dwarves all that well. have no sense of humor and keep grudges. hardy folk.

nevertheless, he made his way to the range anyway.....

Sig by: Morgan
    Evony Terms

About to gather up what remained of his arrows, Rak noticed that the human was walking towards the group, bow in hand. "What do you want, human?" He asks Aiglos.

Sabuit sighted the human and switched her aim to him.

"Back off, human, if you know what's good for you!"