Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Best Defence

Quote Originally Posted by Faunus View Post
    The mech defense is the one thing giving me trouble on my server. Recently we ported on a 16. Cleared layers, archers, warriors. It dropped down to mech d, they added scouts and started rebuilding abatis. All layers were gone, so we decided to try a few ram waves. Both completely flopped, one only killed 53 ballista. Not sure if the abatis made it splat or badly layered, but i cannot wrap my head around the defense.

Here is the report: http://ww.evonyurl.com/3zstos

Now with using phract, do defenses have to be gone in order to use them? Or will they still work on the long field?
    The reason you got that report was the sheer number of the ballista and pult. Back the ballista down to 60k or so, and the pult down to 20k or so, and the ram slam would've wiped it easy. And the same goes with phracts, when you have the many mech defending, blunt attacks like rams and phracts are useless. The only thing you have that's effective against that many mechs is scouts. More specifically the Reverse Scout Bomb (99,500 Scout 500 Cavs) which targets mechs and ignores scouts and archers.

Thats not quite right .... the killing mech defense with scouts and cav (which usually is 99999 scouts 1 cav) Well of course it depends if the player using mech defense has any idea of how it works There a so many ways to kill those scout cav waves without losing a single mech...
    Last edited by wildwolf_BOS; 10-31-2012 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwolf_BOS View Post
    Thats not quite right .... the killing mech defense with scouts and cav (which usually is 99999 scouts 1 cav) Well of course it depends if the player using mech defense has any idea of how it works There a so many ways to kill those scout cav waves without losing a single mech...
    I know, it's easy to defend against the Rev SBs, like 1 pike, or 1 sword. That's why i said send a small arch bow to clear the layers, then follow up with a bunch of those waves. If timed correctly, the defender has no chance.

If the defender adds 30k ram. Dirty sb's ain't gonna touch the sides

Quote Originally Posted by mattyts View Post
    If the defender adds 30k ram. Dirty sb's ain't gonna touch the sides
    That's true, but then all you'd have to do is use regular SBs and they'd crush the ballista the same way. The best way to defend against that would be Mech D with a TON of scout (Preferable over 10m) and 100k ram. But then the mechs would kill the ram, and so would rainbows and such. So it's complicated to do that well. If someone sent a mech wave covered with SBs and Rev SBs, if you left the rams in, they'd die on the mechs, and if you took them out, your other mechs would die on the Rev SBs. So it's best to play it by ear and pick your battles wisely

Yeah.you need the scouts to cover from sb+ 5mil or so since they will normally try to scout

230k balli
    100k pult
    30k ram
    18mil scout seems a good setup

The Best Defense is a Credit Card!

The best defense is a good defender. Not even going to bother correcting whatever wrong information is being told in this thread.

Step 1: Learn game mechanics.

Step 2: Pwn noobs.

Step 4: Prosper.

Step 5: Ignore the lack of a third step.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

9. Default

You can potentially create an undefeatable defense. How would you get through:

1 Million Workers
    50 Million Warriors
    40 Million Scouts
    10 Million Pikemen
    15 Million Swordsmen
    80 Million Archers
    20 Million Cataphracts
    5 Million Ballistas
    9 Million Battering Rams
    4 Million Pults

?

It could take potentially a whole server.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Mod
    That counts as intentionally advertising.

The first take down of Atlantis on NA1 (clearing it) was a larger city than that.
    You take out phrats easily with pike and warrior that's if they're not in CD already. Then just hammer the * out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    I thought you loved me for my poetry!
    Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    It's official. I hate the spam filter.