Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOTM #4 [Voting]

Arrow SOTM #4 [Voting]

Greetings and welcome to the 4th Signature of the Month Contest - Voting!

Theme for this month is Freestyle Vertical Tag (Part 2)!

Voting ends: 11:59 PM (-5 GMT), Tuesday, 31st of July 2012.

Voting rules are as follows:
    1. All contestants must vote before the end of the voting period. Failure to vote immediately disqualifies the contestant from the SOTM.
    2. Contestants cannot vote for themselves.
    3. Only members with Knight title and above can vote.
    4. You are to choose your top three picks, and list them accordingly, including reasons/C&Cs about each one. Votes without these will not be counted.
      Please follow this format:
      1st place / 3 points: Ravenshwiiiinggg - wonderful execution of idea, vibrant colors, great lighting. Can use some work on the text, but overall it's a nice piece.
      2nd place / 2 points: BoxyFunny - the lighting is a bit off, there are a few grainy areas, but the render used is brilliant and the C4Ds used complement the tag very well.
      3rd place / 1 point: Lawnsweeper - a bit monotone and the text is unreadable, but the background is great and I think it makes the render stand out.
      Don't forget to vote in the poll for next month's theme! --> FOLLOW THIS LINK***
    5. Only one place/rank per contestant that you vote. Doing otherwise will invalidate the rest of your votes.
    6. Votes garnered from alt accounts will not be counted and the individual will be summarily removed from the SOTM, and will be banned from joining the next one. (Yeah we can check your IPs, so don't bother. )
    7. Soliciting for votes is prohibited. Anyone doing so will also be removed from the contest.
    8. If the voting period has already ended, but the thread is still left open, anyone can still vote. (Following the IB4TL tradition.)
    9. All questions / discussions about the voting process should be posted in the Artists' Lounge thread. Those deliberately posting discussions will be red-repped.

PRIZES:
    • Rep points from ssfgrgawer (50ish pts)!
    • Will be sported by ssfgrgawer, with a link to your shop (if applicable) featured in his sig.
    • Voting power increased to three for SOTM #5 theme selection. VOTE HERE
    • Featured on Evony's official facebook page!

Want to give rep and/or wear the winning sig for future SOTM's? Send me a Visitor Message!

With that said, let the voting commence! Good luck and have fun.
    ~Eric

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    "
    - Albert Einstein

::: The Entries :::

GermainZ

Arathorn136

KrazyKazza

Prodigy the 5

Morgan le Fay

ChukNorris

~ End of Entries ~

1st place/ 3 points: Arathorth136- I love what you did with the c4d to capture the movement of the wings.
    2nd place/ 2 points: Morgan le fay - its a very clean peace and well put together.
    3rd place/ 1 point: krazykazza - my favorite piece from you. Looks like an actual piece.
    Sig by the lovely Luda
    Available Sigs

1st place/ 3 points: Arathorn - This is simply beautiful. I love the colours, the c4d is perfect and the feeling of movement spot on. Well done!

2nd place/ 2 points: Morgan - I like the way you used the render as the background and the lighting effects. The whole thing flows.

3rd place/ 1 point: Prodigy - reminds me of chocolate the colour is lovely and I like the way you did the text.
    Amazing Siggy by Arathorn136
    Thanks so much!

~slowly turning orange~

You have three guesses. The first two don't count.

1st- Kazza- The colours here look wonderful. Good composition as well, I can see your style comin together. Keep in mind for next time: lighting and shadows make a big difference, so utilize tools such as the burn/dodge, gradient, and airbrush.

2nd- Morgan- Great lighting here, it definitely makes the piece. However, I feel that more vibrant colours would have helped bring out the reds and whites of the piece. Great text.

3rd- Chuk- You are improving a lot. I see some nice flow thanks to your brush work, as it looks like the shield is parting air or something. Keep up the good work!

^Shenanigans in Inkscape^

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

It's always time for Tim's.

Sleeping on a sidewalk somewhere, if you find me feed me please O_o

1st place/3 points: Morgana, It cool and the render is nice
    2nd place/2 points: Arathorn, its different from the other siggs.
    3rd place/1 point: Chuk, I think its nicely done.
    Signature By Morgana Le Fay

Oh wow this was tricky.

Ok well.

1st-Thorn. Original piece using fractals made by yourself. Has to be worthy of 3 points.
    2nd-Kazza, Nicely composed piece. Needs more depth and lighting and the render was a little on the large size, but the colours and blending are very good.
    3rd. ChukNoris. This pieces shows how well your're coming in leaps and bounds. Love to see you again in the SOTM .

Just a shout out for Proddy. It's a wonderful sig and the text on it looks great.

Thanks to Infinitus for the epic B'day pressie!

1st Place (3 pts) Arathorn: I love the lighting and glow around the wings

2nd Place (2 pts) Morgan: I like the flow of the colors and I love the render

3rd Place (1 pt) Prodigy: I like the text and the color (and what a sexy render )
    EPIC XMas present from Don Ezio

PM me if you need a sig

1st- 3 points - Kazza- I love the piece over all and how it all comes together. It's beautiful.

2nd- 2 points - Morgan- Flowed well, liked the lighting effects, and render.

3rd- 1 point - Chuk- Gotta love Captain America, like the renders stance and the white wind looking markings you put in there. Just the over all feel of the sig looks good.
    http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx292/morgana5/Forum%20Sigs/139wip-2.png
    Started playing on 3-23-10, Retired on 4-2-12 - Sig from the purrfect Morgan le Fay
    "I used to have many flaws, now I'm down to two - everything I say & everything I do."