Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When the lag hits bad

Remember it's Evony "Free-Forever".....purchase your own server then you can adjust the playing time to suit you. Kind of a bad business decision to close down the cash machine for any extended period of time.

I say the comforting change is a step in the right direction, I argue facts and real ongoing situations of the matter...
    You dream up ideas that don't exist and STILL blame botters and STILL feel it's fair to have something forever in a war game...

Sorry Danny

Now I've vented my rage against the E machine, I'll try being constructive.

Lag takes into account several factors:

1 Server access bandwidth (number of accounts accessing the server)
    2 Software efficiency (how well the program is written)
    3 Client bandwidth (affected by multiple account players and other bandwidth restrictions such as smart tv's and web browsing)

Evony have some control on points 1 and 2 but not on point 3.

Shutting down a server because spotty faced fred is watching a film online and playing this, while his sister is playing this and video calling her friends in a group call and mum is playing bingo while dad is watching online **** is not a very practical solution.

Lag is always going to be a problem, until Evony restrict the number of players per server to a more managable number and they rewrite the code. The simplest solution would be to require their server managers to treble their bandwidth, but that would cost them big time!

I stopped playing the ps3 because of continuous drop outs when playing online.

Quote Originally Posted by xTONYx View Post
    Remember it's Evony "Free-Forever".....purchase your own server then you can adjust the playing time to suit you. Kind of a bad business decision to close down the cash machine for any extended period of time.

What and you think anyone is going to bother trying to spend any money on evony while the servers are virtually inacessible due to lag? come on be serious.. they wouldn't lose out because its usualle only a 2-3 days that these problems last...

Quote Originally Posted by MART1N View Post
    Sorry Danny

Now I've vented my rage against the E machine, I'll try being constructive.

Lag takes into account several factors:

1 Server access bandwidth (number of accounts accessing the server)
    2 Software efficiency (how well the program is written)
    3 Client bandwidth (affected by multiple account players and other bandwidth restrictions such as smart tv's and web browsing)

Evony have some control on points 1 and 2 but not on point 3.

Shutting down a server because spotty faced fred is watching a film online and playing this, while his sister is playing this and video calling her friends in a group call and mum is playing bingo while dad is watching online **** is not a very practical solution.

Lag is always going to be a problem, until Evony restrict the number of players per server to a more managable number and they rewrite the code. The simplest solution would be to require their server managers to treble their bandwidth, but that would cost them big time!

I stopped playing the ps3 because of continuous drop outs when playing online.
    the current problems have nothing to do with that though otherwise we'd experience these problems all day every day would we not?.... so my suggestion still remains valid