Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lets Create Age 3

I have read and composed most of the ideas that are being liked at this time. WIll try to update every day but somedays it might go 2 days.

I had a few new ideas.

1. The War academy. new slew of techs for your hero and the troops. example. a tech that allows ur hero to get 10% xp gain per level.

2. Upgradable troops. you build troops and they sit there eating. lets make them upgradable. make an upgrade to increase attack, speed, health, and decrease food consumption. it adds a whole new level of fighting. and for each troop type add a special troop type weapon upgrade. poison swords for wars, flaming arrows for archers etc.

3. Auction house. Some games have this and it stinks. one issue with evony is it is PvP with coiners vs non coiners. An auction house keeps the coiners coining. they may be able to buy items at a little bit lower price than the Shop. But it could be a little player selling the item giving them a chance to be a mini coiner without spending. the big coiners still coin and the little players now have a little bit of equality. Also it makes sure your unused items arent sitting going to waste.

Love the ideas so far guys. keep em comin

Quote Originally Posted by Tenet View Post
    The way we get it implemented is after we have made a decent amount of progress and Buzz has made a general idea of what the game will be like from our posts we all tell evony makers to come take a look. At this point we just spit bowling mabye after 100 posts or more we get a good idea of what people want.

Could someone PM or post what the Governer does in AGE2 so i can think about if it would be nice to have something like it in AGE3. Mabye the person who has one most PlayerVsPlayer battles or the person who has capped the most cities?
    I have mailed Dawn to keep an eye on the thread and to see if he can get the devs to take a peek at it. I didnt ask for much of a response in terms of age 3 development or planning all i asked is for a response to the question if he will bring it too their attention and ask them to take a little peek at it.

Once again guys I am enjoying the ideas. keep em coming
    Last edited by Buzz Light Year; 08-19-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Fan of BOTS!!! ( Auto-Bots Of Course )

Quote Originally Posted by SiphonXP View Post
    What an astute observation!

And don't get me wrong, I think this is a good thread. But at one point or another we are going to have to stop talking about it and move forward with the next step, getting it implemented. Not sure how any of that relates to trolling, but OK...
    The way we get it implemented is after we have made a decent amount of progress and Buzz has made a general idea of what the game will be like from our posts we all tell evony makers to come take a look. At this point we just spit bowling mabye after 100 posts or more we get a good idea of what people want.

Could someone PM or post what the Governer does in AGE2 so i can think about if it would be nice to have something like it in AGE3. Mabye the person who has one most PlayerVsPlayer battles or the person who has capped the most cities?

Fun way to annoy your enemys
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=184752

Gov is able to do a few things

Give gold to players
    Raise loyalty on any city 1 time per hour
    Has the ability to shut down the market in a city
    Silence people in world chat from speaking for 30 mins

I say the comforting change is a step in the right direction, I argue facts and real ongoing situations of the matter...
    You dream up ideas that don't exist and STILL blame botters and STILL feel it's fair to have something forever in a war game...

i would be more interested in ideas to merge age2 servers than a age3 game......sorry

YNWA

RETIRED
    XxGamblexX aka RedEyeJedi
    S137 ~ SS54 ~ NA13 ~ NA21 ~ CA1

Quote Originally Posted by Tenet View Post
    The way we get it implemented is after we have made a decent amount of progress and Buzz has made a general idea of what the game will be like from our posts we all tell evony makers to come take a look.
    This has a history of not working.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMistakes View Post
    I hope Siphon doesnt post

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    i would be more interested in ideas to merge age2 servers than a age3 game......sorry
    i'm not sure that you could merge age2 servers without the small problem of a finite number of historic cities and heroes

nobody would be happy to lose either, you couldn't really have 3 atlantis and for the most part historic heroes are owned by people that that have invested money to obtain them. i suppose you could have a huge map that allowed more historic cites but i think that atlantis is a big problem

i like the idea that was raised in this thread to have no historic cities, instead allow the upgrade of cities to historic levels and therefore powers. that would seem to remove the problem i mentioned above.

to the OP
    i'm surprised nobody has mentioned a bot item yet
    i think if evony were to think about a new game they would spend more time to protect it from security breaches. this would mean if it was anything like age1 or age2 there would be a bunch of players that wouldn't play if they couldn't bot to queue and farm at the very least

i also think the idea mentioned of having valleys productive is a really good idea, but i think they should need to have a garrison of troops to protect them before they could be developed and should be "at risk" of capture. maybe the garrison could be a building that would allow a percentage of the cities troops, at level 10 all your troops fight
    only 1 or 2 attacks are allowed on a valley each day and have gates in the garrison so people couldn't wipe your city's troops by spamming your valleys, there should also be a limit to the distance that your troops can protect a valley (maybe 20 miles max)

having a level 10 forest with 10 level 10 mills would be a big plus to troop production and should not be something that can't be captured

regarding refuge, my thought is that troops should not refuge, but without food they shouldn't fight in defence either

if you're going to have gear, then materials need to be available from valleys. it can be nerfed so coiners have the advantage but not as nerfed as it is in age2

anywho, that's my thoughts
    not that my opinion matters
    Last edited by Balaam; 08-20-2012 at 12:41 AM.
    blessed are the geeks: for they shall inherit the earth

Quote Originally Posted by Balaam View Post
    i'm not sure that you could merge age2 servers without the small problem of a finite number of historic cities and heroes

nobody would be happy to lose either, you couldn't really have 3 atlantis and for the most part historic heroes are owned by people that that have invested money to obtain them. i suppose you could have a huge map that allowed more historic cites but i think that atlantis is a big problem

i like the idea that was raised in this thread to have no historic cities, instead allow the upgrade of cities to historic levels and therefore powers. that would seem to remove the problem i mentioned above.

to the OP
    i'm surprised nobody has mentioned a bot item yet
    i think if evony were to think about a new game they would spend more time to protect it from security breaches. this would mean if it was anything like age1 or age2 there would be a bunch of players that wouldn't play if they couldn't bot to queue and farm at the very least

i also think the idea mentioned of having valleys productive is a really good idea, but i think they should need to have a garrison of troops to protect them before they could be developed and should be "at risk" of capture. maybe the garrison could be a building that would allow a percentage of the cities troops, at level 10 all your troops fight
    only 1 or 2 attacks are allowed on a valley each day and have gates in the garrison so people couldn't wipe your city's troops by spamming your valleys, there should also be a limit to the distance that your troops can protect a valley (maybe 20 miles max)

having a level 10 forest with 10 level 10 mills would be a big plus to troop production and should not be something that can't be captured

regarding refuge, my thought is that troops should not refuge, but without food they shouldn't fight in defence either

if you're going to have gear, then materials need to be available from valleys. it can be nerfed so coiners have the advantage but not as nerfed as it is in age2

anywho, that's my thoughts
    not that my opinion matters
    Regarding the bot issue i made a small suggestion in my origional post. I think the biggest thing creating botters is the food issue. It is why 99% of people started botting. I think an attack list could be implemented to keep ur heros moving while u are not online. Have it so the minute your hero comes back it goes back out and you dont even have to be online

Fan of BOTS!!! ( Auto-Bots Of Course )

maybe have more states but less room in each state like 24 states and 2 Atlantis

Default Farming

Wouldn't a simple solution to the farming problem be to just make it relevant to real life game play? Like sawmills and iron mines make farms useful. Drastically improve the yield and add additional buffs so that a level 10 farm city can support a level 10 war city with say 5million troops for example. This would also make warehouses and privateering relevant. This would promote alts but there are tons of alts already. Just a thought

My ideas for a AGE 3:

1) Supper hero's- where you can have even bigger base's of attacks even up to a 500 base making a supper hero

2) based in the modern times where we can use nukes etc

3) modern city's where we do not build cottages up etc but possible houses or summing

4) new items where you can change what your npc fields look like etc...

just some random stuff
    !!your existence is to feed my army!!
    !S168- TrooperXD
    !W26- TrooperXD!