Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 244

Thread: Football!! (NFL)

  1. #151

    Default

    Exactly i agree the last call was complete BS but there were so many calls that were just terrible throughout the whole game but the one resulting in a GB TD was garbage. there for i will take the win tonight but we definitely need the refs back and get this all settled.
    Na4 Vengence (VidiVici) - Retired
    Na43 3 (Troika) - Current


  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    where ever the wind takes me
    Posts
    225

    Default

    im not a seahawks fan been a diehard packers fan since as far back as i can remember. but i cant talk any sh!t on the seahawks as its not ther fault for my anger.. the refs today were simply the biggest joke ive ever seen since acer trying to play evony...like come on dude this sh!t was horrible...the needs to stp we need to get the refs who know what they are doing and how to call the game back in...if this is any indicator of how the rest of the season is going to go then fck it..ima watch soccer....lol

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    this game keeps pulling me back....
    Posts
    2,909

    Default

    This was posted on nfl.com

    In the heat of the moment, it did take a couple of seconds for the refs to get there, they did call it TD on the field. I was surprised, but mistakes happen. This was one.
    However this:The rulebook also states when a simultaneous catch is ruled, you can't review who made the catch. You can only review if it was complete or incomplete.
    Explains why they did not overturnthe call when they looked at it. It wasn't the refs fault, they were trapped by the NFL rules, which if you go by, the Seattle Seahawks won the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by estrickland89 View Post
    you make me wish the red rep system was still in place
    Quote Originally Posted by Mati2 View Post
    I wish that everyday because of Emma6.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCurley View Post
    acer made me change my avatar f acer

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    878

    Default

    The rule also continues to state: If one player has possession of the ball and comes down with it to be simultaneous, then its whoever has possession.

    In the instance last night, Jennings has possession of the football, and Tate had one hand between Jennings arm and then ball. Jennings came to the ground with the ball against his chest, with his back on Tate's back. That is possession to the Packers.

    The replacement ref's are inexperienced, and thus led to a terrible call that cost the Packers a game. Instead of 2-1 on the top of the NFC north, they are now 1-2 on the bottom. This effects two divisions and conference. It's possible it won't matter down the road because this is only week 3, however wild card spots are very competitive in the NFC, and one loss like that is all takes.
    Sig by Jade

    S131, 148, 156, 165 (retired)

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Stalking Future Victims For My Dungeon >;.;<
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    Pffff...You guys think the NFL really gives a flyin about any of this?? Hell nah! (1) They're paying less wages for those tards they have in the ref's uniforms (2) Contraversy brings viewers...can you say, 'Cha CHING'?! (3) These lil under paid replacements could give a flyin flip either...they're gettin paid, they're on Nat'l TV, blame/humiliation rolls right off of their sleeves.

    I think we should take a poll on how long it takes the NFL to negotiate the real crappy calling ref's back to the game we all love...contraversy and all!
    Quote Originally Posted by xTONYx View Post
    Jumbled up colossus cluster ****Elequently stated & couldn't have said it any better
    Quote Originally Posted by eric0095 View Post
    MKitti has always been the embodiment of eloquence

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    this game keeps pulling me back....
    Posts
    2,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hachi View Post
    The rule also continues to state: If one player has possession of the ball and comes down with it to be simultaneous, then its whoever has possession.

    In the instance last night, Jennings has possession of the football, and Tate had one hand between Jennings arm and then ball. Jennings came to the ground with the ball against his chest, with his back on Tate's back. That is possession to the Packers.

    The replacement ref's are inexperienced, and thus led to a terrible call that cost the Packers a game. Instead of 2-1 on the top of the NFC north, they are now 1-2 on the bottom. This effects two divisions and conference. It's possible it won't matter down the road because this is only week 3, however wild card spots are very competitive in the NFC, and one loss like that is all takes.
    It doesn't matter that Tate didn't achive simultaneous possession, because that was the call on the field, and therefore they had to review it as such.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Kitti View Post
    Pffff...You guys think the NFL really gives a flyin about any of this?? Hell nah! (1) They're paying less wages for those tards they have in the ref's uniforms (2) Contraversy brings viewers...can you say, 'Cha CHING'?! (3) These lil under paid replacements could give a flyin flip either...they're gettin paid, they're on Nat'l TV, blame/humiliation rolls right off of their sleeves.

    I think we should take a poll on how long it takes the NFL to negotiate the real crappy calling ref's back to the game we all love...contraversy and all!
    You're probably right - but this will be the tipping point. The real refs will be back soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by estrickland89 View Post
    you make me wish the red rep system was still in place
    Quote Originally Posted by Mati2 View Post
    I wish that everyday because of Emma6.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCurley View Post
    acer made me change my avatar f acer

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Stalking Future Victims For My Dungeon >;.;<
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emma6 View Post
    It doesn't matter that Tate didn't achieve simultaneous possession, because that was the call on the field, and therefore they had to review it as such.
    Orly? Then if that's the case? How do they review simultaneous Ref calls?? For the calls on the field were: (1) Touchdown (2) Stop clock, Defense obtained possession TOUCHBACK

    -there was no 'simultaneous catch' call ever on that play, just a jumbled up colossus cluster of cameramen, coaches, refs, players, fans-



    Which by the way? Should have been discussed by the Official, the two conflicting ref's on the field BEFORE the 'touchdown' was called/made official. Did that happen? Nope.

    We can sit here all day and pick apart that last 1.49 left on the time clock...truth of the matter is? The refs/official stole a good game from good teams (yes, even the chickens were playin like they should have been, and to be fair? I can't stand either team! LOL). Just as Hachi stated, the true outcome of this mess will be the deciding factor when play-offs come around.
    Last edited by Mistress Kitti; 09-25-2012 at 01:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xTONYx View Post
    Jumbled up colossus cluster ****Elequently stated & couldn't have said it any better
    Quote Originally Posted by eric0095 View Post
    MKitti has always been the embodiment of eloquence

  8. #158

    Default

    Jumbled up colossus cluster ****

    Elequently stated and couldn't have said it any better

    I say the comforting change is a step in the right direction, I argue facts and real ongoing situations of the matter...
    You dream up ideas that don't exist and STILL blame botters and STILL feel it's fair to have something forever in a war game...

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Creating Perfect Chaos
    Posts
    3,905

    Default

    MKitti has always been the embodiment of eloquence.
    Last edited by eric0095; 09-26-2012 at 04:23 AM.


    "Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    "
    - Albert Einstein

  10. #160

    Default

    This game is gonna be talked about for a while im sure. Its crap though that most people are blaming seattle now when its the refs who made the call.
    Na4 Vengence (VidiVici) - Retired
    Na43 3 (Troika) - Current


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •