Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Change Server Opening Time

Default Change Server Opening Time

Hello all,

I've been thinking about this for about a month, and now im putting this on sheet. So here's my suggestion:

Change the server Opening time. Actually, server opening time is 9:00 pm. ( When a new server Opens ) 9:00 isnt a bad time, but with that you losing alot of teens in North America. So my suggestion would be to change server opening time every server ( Or choose 1-2 set time and switch every server ) to accomodate more Players. I know some players wont like the idea, but others will, since everyone isnt In the same time zone. So, in my opinion, to make it good for everyone, it should be 50-50 . ( So like i said before, maybe choose 1-2 Set opening time and Switch )

Another thing is , maybe try to open New servers on Week-Ends ? That would let us completely use our 72h of double build. ( Age II ) That would get more ppl too, in my opinion, since in the Week, lots of players have school. ( I'd say that about 40% of players on here still goes to school ) Idk if Evony Works on Week-End, but it would be great to open om Week-Ends. Friday, if Week-Ends arent okay for you guys, would be best idea in my opinion for the week days. Like i said , that would get more people...More players, more Money!

So, what do you guys think of it?
    Last edited by CaesarXVI; 09-05-2012 at 06:55 PM.
    Sig made by ChukNoris!
    "Teamwork is the Key to Victory".
    Na45: 3200 (Retired) Na55: WarKings

You're a teen?!?

No offense, but this game was meant to be for older people with lots of free time. I think the time is perfect.
    EPIC XMas present from Don Ezio

PM me if you need a sig

Although the North American market is the target demographic, due to higher probability of the said NA spending habits, and lack of interest in skipping outback to the jubjug in theh paddywhack, I agree with C16.

Server opening times never mesh with my preferred online time, and i know plenty of others that agree that the opening time is not convienent for them.

I don't think the 'average' NA teen, would account for the lion's share of opening coinage. No, i don't have proper stats on the matter, but common sense would dictate.

Opening coinage, the money that really really drives the profitability of the game will come regardless of the opening time.

The residual coinage will occur in the day or two that follows regardless of the opening time.Non-coiners (sorry, this is offensive to some) acheivements don't really matter to Evony.

But all said and done, I wish the start time would vary from server to server.

This message gets the Official Hoove of Approval

I'm from USA Central so the time never has effected me. But... the UK time is 3 a.m. for new servers I believe? I wouldn't mind a server at 5 P.M here and 11 a.m. there just to make it fair. ( I also HATE waiting for a server all day ) They sure do complain a lot about it.

There are neutral daytimes for every country. Find a time that is feasable for the entire world since their is so many different nationalities in this game. It wouldnt be too hard. Or at least one that works for your highest participating countries. I know a lot of Players from england but yet its a horrible start time for them. Also this game was designed for players of all age. I dont agree with younger than 16 playing and i dont like to play with younger than 19 years old, but i see this game connecting the gap in generations.

Fan of BOTS!!! ( Auto-Bots Of Course )

Quote Originally Posted by Joey- View Post
    I'm from USA Central so the time never has effected me. But... the UK time is 3 a.m. for new servers I believe? I wouldn't mind a server at 5 P.M here and 11 a.m. there just to make it fair. ( I also HATE waiting for a server all day ) They sure do complain a lot about it.
    hes right, the opening times for uk and other eu players are awful, we have to stay up all night just to wait for it to open let alone get started so we end up not starting until the next day and are already 7-8+ hours behind everyone, no fairness in that but obviously evony don't really care about people this side of the planet as that has been the time new servers start for as long as i can remember..

Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    Although the North American market is the target demographic, due to higher probability of the said NA spending habits, and lack of interest in skipping outback to the jubjug in theh paddywhack, I agree with C16.

Server opening times never mesh with my preferred online time, and i know plenty of others that agree that the opening time is not convienent for them.

I don't think the 'average' NA teen, would account for the lion's share of opening coinage. No, i don't have proper stats on the matter, but common sense would dictate.

Opening coinage, the money that really really drives the profitability of the game will come regardless of the opening time.

The residual coinage will occur in the day or two that follows regardless of the opening time.Non-coiners (sorry, this is offensive to some) acheivements don't really matter to Evony.

But all said and done, I wish the start time would vary from server to server.
    So, you agree with the idea of varying the start time of a server?
    Sig made by ChukNoris!

Quote Originally Posted by Joey- View Post

I would like to see evony do something about the times am from UK and have gone off the idea of going to a new server due to the server coming out at 3am , it used to be 1am but was changed to 3am 1am was bad enough i think even have a server open at say 11pm UK time then on the next server have it at 3am to make it fair for everyone 2bh i think alot more people from Europe would play and spend if it came out at 11pm lots of my friends from Ireland wont go to a new server as they not sitting up till 3am for a server to come out to get to build and get couple of hhs then go to bed and off to work time they come back lot of the hhs would be gone and behind maybe 4hours on troops to go for lvl7,8s and am saying atm its 3am here then theres other places what your talking 4-5am then places in america thats like only 5pm i know theres no fair time but maybe swap the times about to make it fair for everyone

Try putting spaces between sentences and some "." cause i understood half of what you said...
    Sig made by ChukNoris!

Actully this game was meant for ppl with money.. and the opening times are awfull for practicly everywhere so its all fair in any case. Even china.