Page 103 of 104 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1032

Thread: Server 168 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by betterer View Post
    A forum mod is too lazy to click a button to make a thread stop being a sticky? This is a good exemplar of what is wrong with evony.
    This is a good example of why they invented a dictionary too.

Also, you look even more foolish for thinking non-paid forum moderators have anything to do with the running of the company Evony.

By the amazing Luda

Quote Originally Posted by david_k700 View Post

Also, you look even more foolish for thinking non-paid forum moderators have anything to do with the running of the company Evony.
    Some people....

Na47 - PoTaToHeAdbest - 7
    Na50 - SKORPIAN - 427
    Na55 - Potatoes - 7

Retired from All Servers

ex·em·plar
    igˈzemplər,-ˌplär/Submit
    noun
    a person or thing serving as a typical example or excellent model.

Please finish college before you attempt insulting my syntactical and grammatical mastery of the english language. I would really like to know what part of my sentence was not correct.

I like my new signature (:

Go get a dictionary, go to the "e" section and learn the word exemplar you bum.
    Looks like the word "exemplar" was a little too confusing for david here.

Quote Originally Posted by betterer View Post
    ex·em·plar
    igˈzemplər,-ˌplär/Submit
    noun
    a person or thing serving as a typical example or excellent model.

Please finish college before you attempt insulting my syntactical and grammatical mastery of the english language. I would really like to know what part of my sentence was not correct.
    First of all, you shouldnt assume the world revolves around America... Finish college? Sorry mr Einstein but i'm not American and we don't use that term here. Secondly for all you know i could very well have completed such degrees in that area of English, what proof do you got to say otherwise?

And well how about i demonstrate whats wrong with your sentence right above. "Please finish college before you attempt insulting". I think what you meant to say was, "Please finish college before you attempt to insult... (For someone who 'completed a mastery of the english language' your syntax is quite dreadful). Also might i add, you said earlier in this thread, "this is a good exemplar of whats wrong with evony." You then proceeded to give myself a definition of this term. Notice when i put your definition into your original sentence it no longer makes sense?

My point remains valid, you do look stupid for assuming (i notice you do this alot) that an unpaid moderator has anything to do with the running of the company Evony.

And thanks for putting me in your signature, sadly i wont be returning the favour as people may actually look at mine, yours on the other hand...

By the amazing Luda

At least argue valid points please. Your sentence contained 12 diction/syntax errors and mine still had zero. Insulting is a completely valid substitute for to insult in that case while "such degrees," "give myself," and 10 others are all improperly used. Again, exemplar was a little too big of a word for you to understand because you probably assumed I meant example since you have zero proficiency in the language. I never made an assumption that a mod runs the company of Evony, I merely stated that it is an exemplar of what is wrong with the company; the mods serve as a typical example of how the executives run it. Again, the point was valid, the diction was valid, and there were no grammatical errors. So, please refrain from commenting on my proper grammar and telling me to use a dictionary for properly using words that you do not know the meaning of. "This is a good [thing that serves as a typical example] of what is wrong with Evony," is an entirely valid sentence and you have still failed to convince me otherwise.
    Last edited by betterer; 01-09-2014 at 12:42 AM.
    Looks like the word "exemplar" was a little too confusing for david here.

New to the forums and trolling to the max. The mods in no way shape or form represent evonies opinions or business running models. His job is to keep the forums clean and free of spam. You remind me of my brother he also got his degree and does writing for magazines and blogs. Acts holier then thou when it comes to writing but when you actually need his help and ask em for it he wants you to googlw it or ask someone else. I would hope ur not the same way but i just made 10 assumptions about you in your roughly 3 posts .

hi everyone

Thanks to Morgan-LF for the great sig

'You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect.'
    IF YOU LIKE MY POSTS PLEASE REP ME... Thank You!!

Quote Originally Posted by KingLyam View Post
    hi everyone

Ooh Intresting... Havent seen you around the forums in a while Me.Lyam Get yo a$$ on 185 mate! Good to see some old timers comming back.

DiZ

lol, thank you, correct I havent been around in a while...I suspect a lot of reading may be needed before hand - when is 186 due? I havent checked to see if 185 is out...if its in its early stages...one never knows.

Thanks to Morgan-LF for the great sig

'You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect.'
    IF YOU LIKE MY POSTS PLEASE REP ME... Thank You!!