Thread: Connection Errors

Default Connection Errors

I know of multiple players who can't login since this am they keep getting a network connection error have they been banned or somthing done everything on there side even cable company says it has to be on your side but no emails from evony saying they are banned plz help. they have been out for 12 hrs

SS56 R0FL BEST ALLIANCE IN EVONY
    DON'T LIKE MY POST DON'T READ THEM !!!!!

Are you back in now?

It's still unanswered whether the problem is on Evony's side or your service provider's side. However, it has been proven to be a conflict with too much internet traffic from your IP trying to get into the server at the same time.

This problem typically begins right after reset when players try to relog back in, or after an intermittent disconnect which can happen on occasion.

So basically you have been IP blocked temporarily; if you wait for an hour or two without trying to log in, most of the time you will get back in. However, in some cases it can last up to 20hrs, which it has been said that is cause that's when your internet provider resets or something. shrug

The quick solution to this is to get an IP change.

I suggest running a google search for this because the steps can vary depending on your router and comp operating system.

In short, you need to change the IP that the modem assigns (not the one the router gives you). So you have two options: connect to your modem directly, or turn off the DHCP on your router and adjust the ethernet connection so the modem is in direct connect assigning IPs to your network rather than the router. In both setups you will want to set up a static IP on your computer so you can change it again in the future if needed.

So, if you decide to use your router you will want to google how to turn off the DHCP in the router settings, then connect the modem to a regular port on your router instead of the internet port, then google how to set a manual IP on your computer. Also keep in mind that some providers only allow a range of IPs, so you'd have to set one accordingly.

Anyway, hope this explanation helps someone out there lol. I know it is a common issue that I have yet seen Evony address properly, but I use a static IP and I like it!

easy fix go to commmand prompt run as admin then put in

ipconfig/flushdns,

ipconfig/releasedns,

ipconfig/renewdns

but dont get why you need to do this everytime you restart your computer you get a new ip address but these commands fix almost all internet problems

goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by zgodava View Post
    easy fix go to commmand prompt run as admin then put in

ipconfig/flushdns,

ipconfig/releasedns,

ipconfig/renewdns

but dont get why you need to do this everytime you restart your computer you get a new ip address but these commands fix almost all internet problems

goodluck
    I'm pretty sure release/renew affects your network IP, which is some cases that might be the same as the Internet IP. For me in a home network, the internet IP is what the modem assigns the router, so you need to change that like I mentioned on my earlier post. And unless you are in direct connect to the modem the only way to see what that IP is is to use an online IP detector http://smart-ip.net/

If you are just changing the 192.168.1.xxx IP that for example Linksys routers assign your computer then you are doing it wrong.

Able to log in but very slow to load game. Once loaded is OK.
    Last edited by Mackay131; 09-21-2012 at 11:15 PM. Reason: spell

Best wishes to those who were in ICECOLD, MERC, HONOR on 131, SOLACE on 144, thePack2 on 158