Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

If it's anything like the lotr trilogy - with what Jackson did with those movies - The Hobbit should be very good and I am planning to either see it opening night or at least the opening weekend =)
    http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx292/morgana5/Forum%20Sigs/139wip-2.png
    Started playing on 3-23-10, Retired on 4-2-12 - Sig from the purrfect Morgan le Fay
    "I used to have many flaws, now I'm down to two - everything I say & everything I do."

I will be watching it on the tuesday after its release as its half price on that day gotta save my money for good old regan mercantile. If i dont they will hunt me down and take it anyways :P

Fan of BOTS!!! ( Auto-Bots Of Course )

I have already made my plans. I even went as far as requesting the day off of work jsut to see this. Now, watch, I'm gonna go see it with friends, and they're gonna tell me so shut up becasue I'm reciting the movie. I just re-read the book (which my copy is as old as my dad), and I forgot at how good it was.

I hope everyone will enjoy this as much as myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillivray View Post

December 14, 2012, for its U.S. release, and as early as November 28, 2012, in New Zealand.

Where will you be? Are you anxiously waiting for its release or will you even bother to see it when it comes out on home video? Does anyone have any thoughts on it? Will it live up to the LOTR movies, will it surpass them, or will it be a disappointment?

It is only 74 days away from its U.S. release. Have you made your plans?

From the research I've done, which was a lot, it's gonna be close to the book, like the LOTR triliogy is, and it might just be Peter Jackson's best work yet.

Boy, wouldn't Tolkein be proud?

Quote Originally Posted by Server139Player View Post
    If it's anything like the lotr trilogy - with what Jackson did with those movies - The Hobbit should be very good and I am planning to either see it opening night or at least the opening weekend =)
    Abdiel,

There is a reason he did this...
    The first part is supposed to be the actual movie The Hobbit.
    The second part is supposed to tbe the 60 years in between The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.
    And the third part is supposed to be the appendixes and wat not.

That's all according to research. Not sure if it's true or not.

I hope that helps explain it on why he did it.

Also, I love the Hobbit more than anything I've ever read. I've even started looking into the Elvish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdiel View Post
    I will be buying tickets and watching it on day 1! I love the Hobbit even more than the Lord of the Rings.

I am, however, disgusted that Peter Jackson sold out and decided to make the Hobbit in three parts. The book is shorter than one volume of each of the Lord of the Rings - and he made each of those volumes in one movie. There is no reason that a 350 page book ever needs to be transformed into a 3-part movie. I think that doing so is going to make move really slowly. I hope I'm wrong.
    Last edited by eric0095; 11-22-2012 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Double post

it looks like a really good movie

plan to dress up as an elf and go see it on opening night, just waiting to buy tickets now

Went to see it this evening and once again Mr Jackson has done himself proud.

For fear of being a spoiler will reserve comments about the faithfulness of the film to the book until more people have seen it.

Go watch it though...you won't regret it.

*to do ...think of something funny and clever as a signature.

they shoulda worked on that new technology a bit more before making a movie with it, certain parts looked fast forward and just really fake.
    it was good overall though and based off part 1 i hope part 2 finishes it up and part 3 is the 60 years in between the hobbit and the other lotr

Saw it a few days ago. Was really good. Not very accurate to the books but it was close enough that I still enjoyed it muchly

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    "
    - Albert Einstein

Very impressed with what they put into the three hours or so of movie. I never read the books all the way through so liked and was surprised with the direction the movie went in.