Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cure for Dead Forums

Default Cure for Dead Forums

theres a title system to advance up along(civilian to prinzessin) but no powers or benefits that come with reaching these titles. red rep used to be a benefit for duke, and that encouraged people to post if the wanted to reach that ability. same with creating polls.

however both those priviliges have been removed and now theres no rewards of interest to encourage participation on these forums. one of my soultions would be to restore red rep. but thatll probably be shot down

anyone else have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

red rep ftw
    Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    PS: Mech wasn't trolling.

Red rep won't exactly contribute to the forums activity though. It would cause drama with some people, and it isn't much to strive for ( unless you're really close to the title)

Also I can still use red rep and would be extremely low on self-esteem if other normies like you could use it.

Need more stuff to talk about really :P

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoner View Post
    Red rep won't exactly contribute to the forums activity though. It would cause drama with some people, and it isn't much to strive for ( unless you're really close to the title)

Also I can still use red rep and would be extremely low on self-esteem if other normies like you could use it.

it would be a reason to notch up more post counts, more post counts = more stuff to talk about. and if any "normies" as you call them abuse it then take the power away from them. but anyway im sure it isnt the only solution

it would be a reason to notch up more post counts, more post counts = more stuff to talk about. and if any "normies" as you call them abuse it then take the power away from them. but anyway im sure it isnt the only solution

Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    If your only goal is to get enough posts to get red rep, then a lot of the posts will be mindless spam, not very constructive like for a discussion

And I don't care if anyone else gets it. Red rep like said in the past, is pointless.

Ugh you had no idea of the drama queens that even created threads demanding the miscreants who dared red rep them to suffer the banhammer.

Trust me as someone who once was able to deduct rep, I don't miss it one bit. It was a relief when it was removed. It's better left as a perk of HP's and mods.

Thanks to Infinitus for the epic B'day pressie!

I really think the forums are *dieing* because there are less people playing evony.

Evony's baby of Age II, at least on the forums, doesn't generate as much interest as the Age I servers on the forums.

If you go look at post counts, the new Age II server only has 1,740 views and like 15 comments, whereas the 168 discussion thread (that server isn't even out yet) has nearly 5,000 views and about 100 comments.

Even the 167 thread that welcomed it to the world had about 6,500 views. I just think that Age II is dieing out faster than Age I.

Two dieing breeds is not good, although I have a feeling 168 will be a good server.

--

Also, red rep is fairly useless, it just makes people mad at other people.
    Sig by Jade

S131, 148, 156, 165 (retired)

If your only goal is to get enough posts to get red rep, then a lot of the posts will be mindless spam, not very constructive like for a discussion

And I don't care if anyone else gets it. Red rep like said in the past, is pointless.
    ah but mindless spam will get deleted, youre not gonna go through threads p and make 1k 2 word posts. theres actually a lot of interesting threads etc around if you look. and i disagree there are some genuine tools on these forums with almost or full rep bars. and a rep system is useless if all you can tell ppl is how awesome their posts are. if youre gonna remove red rep, get rid of green too

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan le Fay View Post
    Ugh you had no idea of the drama queens that even created threads demanding the miscreants who dared red rep them to suffer the banhammer.

Trust me as someone who once was able to deduct rep, I don't miss it one bit. It was a relief when it was removed. It's better left as a perk of HP's and mods.
    so the drama queens get their way by complaining? they shouldve been red repped for creating those threads too, and the notched up red bars a warning to ppl what is posting in their threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hachi View Post
    I really think the forums are *dieing* because there are less people playing evony.

Evony's baby of Age II, at least on the forums, doesn't generate as much interest as the Age I servers on the forums.

If you go look at post counts, the new Age II server only has 1,740 views and like 15 comments, whereas the 168 discussion thread (that server isn't even out yet) has nearly 5,000 views and about 100 comments.

Even the 167 thread that welcomed it to the world had about 6,500 views. I just think that Age II is dieing out faster than Age I.

Two dieing breeds is not good, although I have a feeling 168 will be a good server.

--

Also, red rep is fairly useless, it just makes people mad at other people.
    a factor no doubt, but there are nmany funny, intelligent and interesting ppl i know who lurk on these forums cause they see no reason to post. theres no perks or anything of the sort that might encourage them to come out of the lurking shadows.

another factor is the banning of longterm active posters for mundane reasons, although im not getting into that :P

Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    ah but mindless spam will get deleted
    when did they start doing that?
    they don't even always delete the spambot posts
    usually they just ban the spambot
    blessed are the geeks: for they shall inherit the earth