Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cure for Dead Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoner View Post
    Basically.

You need something to talk about, before you try to force people to talk about nothing. ( aka spam)

Some event needs to happen for posts to come "naturally", not trying to reach a certain amount for a silly rank.
    so you believe the members with the higher post counts achieved such counts from posts that "came naturally" ?

ye are cynical to believe if rewards were set at certain titles it would simply result in tonnes of ppl notching up thousands of spam posts all over the forums. such rewards would would encourage participation and give something to aim for.

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    so you believe the members with the higher post counts achieved such counts from posts that "came naturally" ?

ye are cynical to believe if rewards were set at certain titles it would simply result in tonnes of ppl notching up thousands of spam posts all over the forums. such rewards would would encourage participation and give something to aim for.
    Yes ? A thousand or two is from modding, but basically I have posted a lot in normal topics.

There is virtually nothing to talk about here, tipp , so if someone wants 3k posts for red rep as an incentive, where will they go ?

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoner View Post
    Yes ? A thousand or two is from modding, but basically I have posted a lot in normal topics.

There is virtually nothing to talk about here, tipp , so if someone wants 3k posts for red rep as an incentive, where will they go ?
    erm i would imagine the same place theyve always went. into new threads and old alike. theres plenty to talk about, just no1 willing to talk about it because lets face it, why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

I would be in favor of resetting the reputation all across the board, and starting from scratch. Perhaps restrict the rep points given to the following:

1 point for every year
    1 point for every 1500-2000 posts, with you being given your first point for that if you hit 750
    1 point for every bar of reputation

And the cap for reputation given to terminate at 10-20.

After doing that, make hitting a certain amount of reputation (along with post count) a goal to get more perks on the forum, such as red rep (capping at 5-10), custom user titles, larger signature space, better ability to customize your profile, etc.

I think stuff like that would really make for a more active forum, at least from the existing community.

Also, as a side idea, having badges of various sorts might work as well as having little green bars of rep. Perhaps someone might even be able to change the color of their name & rep bars, and set a color as their general theme?
    Formerly known as Jurnis

Building a religion... a limited edition...

Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post

Well.. yea. At least mine did.

Didn't have to spam the hell out of OT for these.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurnis View Post
    I would be in favor of resetting the reputation all across the board, and starting from scratch. Perhaps restrict the rep points given to the following:

1 point for every year
    1 point for every 1500-2000 posts, with you being given your first point for that if you hit 750
    1 point for every bar of reputation

And the cap for reputation given to terminate at 10-20.

After doing that, make hitting a certain amount of reputation (along with post count) a goal to get more perks on the forum, such as red rep (capping at 5-10), custom user titles, larger signature space, better ability to customize your profile, etc.

I think stuff like that would really make for a more active forum, at least from the existing community.

Also, as a side idea, having badges of various sorts might work as well as having little green bars of rep. Perhaps someone might even be able to change the color of their name & rep bars, and set a color as their general theme?
    Ya, because giving 100+ rep isn't always a good thing.

All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

Yeah, getting it was nice, but holy jesus f--k!

100+ points really takes things to the next level. If people under the current system could give that much in another three years, then in three years (if this forum isn't 100% dead by then) reputation will be almost as meaningless.

A cap would actually give the system at least a modicum of meaning again, and "rep inflation" wouldn't be as rampant on the forums anymore.
    Formerly known as Jurnis

i recieved a red rep once off of a fellow forum poster, the reason: blank.. literally it said blank.

needless to say i gave it back everychance i could

By the amazing Luda

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~petition to remove JapanPimps muzzle~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

should get the forum lively again

YNWA

RETIRED
    XxGamblexX aka RedEyeJedi
    S137 ~ SS54 ~ NA13 ~ NA21 ~ CA1

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~petition to remove JapanPimps muzzle~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

should get the forum lively again
    yikes.... lets not do anything we'll all regret