Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Age II Server Merges.

Make the map twice as big and rename the states of one server

So if they merge 2 servers.keep the original atlantis's but they can only draft from the states of the old server

Then add the city 'babylon' which can draft everything

For hh's. Make duplicates and rename

I would for my server Na33 to merge with 32/34. We got 40+ 15 sets now. WILL BE AWESOME
    Na33

[World]<02:09>[LazyLew]: Hey...I just met you.....and this is crazy.....so here's my co-ods....now spam me maybe

Quote Originally Posted by lLewis View Post
    Hey Everyone. Im writing this thread in curiosity of future merges on Age II. To my knowledge no Age II has been merged or is planning to be merged but I want to know if in the future will they? When? How will they work?

I do not know anyone on Age I who has been on a server that has merged so I do not know how they work.

Do HCs get automatically abandoned? Or would they double up the map?

If they do get abandoned what happens to the owners troops/hhs/resources?

If an Age II server merges what would evony do to all the HHs? people have spent cents catching them, would they release them all and refund everyone, or a a general compensation package?

Im just divulging into the future of Age II server merges because I plan to stay on Na33 for a long time.

Are they Possible? Would people like it to happen (I would)

There's just so many obstacles and questions to overcome...like if Historical Heroes we're re-released what if had 10 weeks of Excalibur stacked onto a HH....Just stuff like that?

Im just curious,

Age I servers go down hill after about 6months to 1 year after they are opened, I think merges should happen more often and more sooner to keep a server alive and spending. I would definitely open my wallet up to a server merge!
    There are too many obstacles for Evony to merge Age2 servers. If you want a server merge (And a lot better battle experience) then play Age1.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyts View Post

So if they merge 2 servers.keep the original atlantis's but they can only draft from the states of the old server

you would need 4 servers for this idea to work; Think of this '@' as a server..

with just 2 servers merged, all you have is @@, so the server isnt balanced, it needs to be the same distance NS as EW

3 servers gives you:
    @@
    @
    this leaves a blank space, which evony wont have.

finally, the only logical way would be 4 servers merged..
    @@
    @@

This way it would have the same dimensions NS as EW, although all the information for 4 Age2 servers merged might be too much for 1 new server to handle, There is also the thinking of cities being spread out during a merge, and where the new HCs are placed ..tbc..

The HCs would now have to be placed in the center of the old servers instead of at 0,0; otherwise the alignment is messed up (issues like being able to draft a few 100 miles away buy not to the city 1 mile left or down) and the new HC (you named Babylon i think) will need to be given more powerful specs, harder to take, and then be placed in the middle of the 4 servers, all of this is too much for Evony to do. So Age 2 most likely will not have a merge anytime soon

Default never age2 server

does anyone know roughly when the next age2 server will open, or does anyone know how often they do open a new server on age 2

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattyts View Post

or they could keep the same size map and just throw the HCs into a new set spot. If you double the map size and merge 2 servers the server will still be basically dead, The small map with double the players equals the new wars

Fan of BOTS!!! ( Auto-Bots Of Course )

my war city in na2
    Last edited by CrazyTurk; 12-23-2012 at 08:01 PM.