Thread: Na1 Gossip/ factual accusations and a bit light hearted fun

Another Fun day for Stealth......

GunForHire backdoor.. 100%

http://www.evonyurl.com/gbin02 START
    http://www.evonyurl.com/zavdtg Break Time
    http://www.evonyurl.com/hkmt9i FINISH

Yes it was quick and painless
    * Gratz to all involved and +Rep Stealth for staying awesome *

P.S Server Merge Bring It * ohhh I just heard Mortal Kombat Fatality theme in my head "FINISH HIM" *

-When the enemy is relaxed, make them toil. When full, starve them. When settled, make them move-

Exclamation Regarding Age2 Mergers.

~start ramble [feel free to pass onto devel or admin to reach someone worth reviewing if you see fit]

I would have loved to have seen a little more thought put into the mergers other than simply dumping a bunch of players from each server into a tight sized map with the exact same setup which leads to the same end result. I went through the very first merger on age1 and while it was fun for a short period of time nothing new or better came out of the gameplay from evony age1. I'm guessing the exact same result will happen on age2 as there is no real game change other than a 'server reset' and all the flaws of the game still exist.

With only a few minor code tweaks Evony could expand the game for longer life and make it more interesting for the vets that have stuck around for an insanely long time and become extremely frustrated with the lack of simple updates which could make Age2 complete and enjoyable for a long duration.

Its obvious that flaws may exist in the below rant but I believe if some form of updates could be implemented for the server mergers it would be a win/win for players and evony alike.

+ Expanded map size is obviously a must. You can't jam all these players into a map the same size.

+ Citadel lvl20 (500k rally), 4 lvl18s, etc.. 16s,14s,12s.

+ Drafting radius would need a bit of a hackup but wouldn't be too hard. Citadels get the whole server.. 18s in 1/4 quad they are currently in.. 16,14,12s same as is. New states names would need to be invented due to the X4 size but this would allow a large amount of room for a server na1-4 super-server merge.

+ Consideration of allowing HCs to be relocated with a adv/teleport cooldown of one week would be interesting and an instantly respawning HC of that level would allow for multiple high level hcs to be taken by players on the server. This would create more token pieces on the board for pvp and npc capture rather than the static setup in place at the moment which combined with the inability to actual capture these tokens making them useless. If a higher level hc 20/18 stays in the same position as its default location it is randomly placed on the board after a random amount of time spawning a new npc of that level. Large level hcs become useless after the areas around them are wiped of hostiles making them a rather useless token piece.

+ Changes in the comforting abilities of hcs i think is a must. After all the game is supposed to be all about pvp and taking over cities but has defaulted to players unable to take cities due to the way that the game is sided towards easy comforting and defense. HC's really should not even have comforting and should auto raise +1 loy after say 10minutes allowing an attacking force to decrease loyalty over the amount of time it takes for loyalty to raise. One Speech-text can be used every 2 hours only.

+ Hero locking of some form. If a town is colonized heros in that town are unable to move until the colonization battle of that town occurs. This forces players to actually defend their hhs rather than just moving them to another city once being put into supp. I mean you pay the 10 cents to lookup the hh.. but one can simply shuffle the hero off to another city once attacked.

+ Stamp out acad backdooring. Make acad locked and unable to be demolished. This allows servers like ours to actually use the colonization feature and to hold towns rather than fear of being acad tech:0 backdoored rendering colonization useless.

+ Hero Capping. Its way beyond a joke and needs to be corrected to tackle the troop counts when fighting. You lose all your heros before you are able to even clear half the amount of troops in a town even when fighting in large groups!!

A bunch of these minor updates could easily be done by Evony for the new merged servers which would prolong the server life and make it alot more interesting.. in turn.. bringing in alot more revenue to Evony in purchase of items and coins as players stay interested for alot longer periods of time.

People may agree of disagree with the above thoughts but I personally believe these simple updates above would make for a much more fun server and more money in Evony's pocket!

There are plenty of other areas which could be more finely tuned on the game but I hope someone can pass this along before our servers are merged as it did not take me long to grow bored of the last merger on age1 and i came to age2 as it was different but doubt i'll be interested in playing 1-2months after the merger and the server is dominated yet again.. 0,0 or not.

~end ramble

Cheers
    Last edited by nailbomb; 02-04-2014 at 10:46 AM.

It is not sufficient that I succeed - all others must fail.

well said Nail

Map size is something I would have thought would happen with the other age2 mergers, but when logged in nothing changed. So with as many are active on na1 and the early servers, we can go ahead and assume that farming is going to be very limited, which in turn could create some interesting territory battles in my opinion. I have logged on to the other "early" servers that I would presume we would be merged with, I haven't exactly seen the kind of numbers and the kind of experience I see on Na1, so I don't know that the others servers will bring much of a challenge to us.

I do like this idea though (+ Citadel lvl20 (500k rally), 4 lvl18s, etc.. 16s,14s,12s) I could see this being something for the future but as far as major changes , I don't see that happening, in turn evony would have to add this to every age2 to keep everyone from rising up saying "That's not fair"

This idea I could only imagine being a nightmare (+ Consideration of allowing HCs to be relocated with a adv./teleport cool down of one week) As my reds now are bad enough covering there hc's 9 miles out, so I could imagine them capping all there 12's and lining them up in 3 mile blocks only to fill them out and around another 5 miles out with regular city's.

As much as I love seeing a red 100% I totally agree with this,
    ( + Stamp out acad backdooring. Make acad locked and unable to be demolished) I think the colonization part of the game as really been cutout because of this, ALOT of players have been totally cleared (2-3) years of work and building down the drain, just look back on this thread at reports to show that This is something I really thought would have been fixed, maybe this would have been a much better patch than the uprise patch.

This is The Players Game, or is supposed to be, this forum was created for a reason in the beginning, There are reasons for the admin's and such, I think many great ideas have been suggested on this thread alone just looking back at some post's. When re-reading those post's I however do not see any changes based on player suggestions, or any reply to players suggestions (correct me if I am wrong) There is a lot that can be done by Evony before they go and merge what I believe to be one of the best if not the best servers they have going, would hate to see it all fall out. Its just about getting someone to listen to the ideas that players come up with that play daily.

-When the enemy is relaxed, make them toil. When full, starve them. When settled, make them move-

So seeing as this merger doesnt seem to be happening anytime soon i thought i would go looking for somthing to spank...luckly a friend from another allience said he was in suppresion by Tandra from loachra, to which i replied 'don't worry my mate i will free you'

1st reports
    www.evonyurl.com/7e28sq
    www.evonyurl.com/eiubb3
    www.evonyurl.com/8qkl1z
    www.evonyurl.com/he24q6

some hammers
    www.evonyurl.com/soxgwc
    www.evonyurl.com/6d7es1
    www.evonyurl.com/71u0ht

nakeys
    www.evonyurl.com/mcvyri
    www.evonyurl.com/y4yfy0
    www.evonyurl.com/0eqzat
    www.evonyurl.com/h9y2ec

couple of mechs

www.evonyurl.com/3hbsp2
    www.evonyurl.com/gza9pa
    www.evonyurl.com/1o64qg

hammer/Nakeys again
    www.evonyurl.com/9epz6t
    www.evonyurl.com/530ttk
    www.evonyurl.com/8pqoy5
    www.evonyurl.com/57cp5a
    www.evonyurl.com/7u0sac

last bit now

www.evonyurl.com/p7ftoi
    www.evonyurl.com/pu2g75

last report
    and to prove im a nice guy i left tandra a few troops left, to farm during the free food period
    www.evonyurl.com/hrzseg

also never seen a war town with more workers than archers *confused*

enjoy
    Muck

Very nice reports Muck, ouch Tandra that gotta hurt. Props to Muck for sharing condolences to Tandras troops widows

Happy late Valentines day all

LEIF

Quote Originally Posted by LEIFUR View Post
    Very nice reports Muck, ouch Tandra that gotta hurt. Props to Muck for sharing condolences to Tandras troops widows

Happy late Valentines day all

LEIF
    Least you didn't want us all to marry this time
    [Retired]
    Signature by: Morgan le Fay

Shawne Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    + Stamp out acad backdooring. Make acad locked and unable to be demolished. This allows servers like ours to actually use the colonization feature and to hold towns rather than fear of being acad tech:0 backdoored rendering colonization useless.
    About this. If you feel it should be removed then how about stop doing it? Most of the reports recently have been nothing but backdoors. YOU have destroyed the colonization features of the game by repeatedly doing this and taking advantage of this very poorly set up flaw in the game. Between this Hero cap dumping and constant closing gates all around the game has been completely destroyed.

- How about having troop limits? I dicussed this with others and imagine an even playing field without all these alts to draft that glitched troops and didn't get caught or have been botted for so long they have endless troops for people to draft. Lets do a sweep and take EVERYONE and all ACCOUNTS to a maximum. I know I wouldn't mind loosing troops to make it an even playing field. I'm not at all blaming sides or pointing fingers everyone is guilty in someway. But lets make this fair.

- How about every maintenance all cities surrounding all HC's for 5 miles are randomed out. Only 1 city should stay and that would be the "support" city for the HC if owned. That would eliminate all these HC's that are surrounded by alts and sitter accounts for miles out. (again not pointing fingers or accusing sides)

- Hero Capping changes for sure need to be made with this. HH's are unless to attack with because they're capped too easy. How about making all heros more difficult to cap. I personally ported last night and within minutes I lost all my heros. There needs to be limits on hero capping either all around or atleast on normal heros.

- Gate Strats remove the ability to close your own gates. This defeats the purpose of breaking them open. If the gates are broke open they should stay open for the 1 hour duration and should in no way be able to be closed. Also removing gates from HC's

- HC Mobility no

- I will agree with the map size needing to be beefed up a little. But with bots being cracked down on the farming shouldn't be that bad and would make for some good territory wars for farming. Botting is what's killing the farming. Once that stops the farming will be better.

- Hero Energy Remove it! it's that simple.

- Comforting the one speechtext every 2 hours sounds good

- IP Restrictions I agree 100% along as it's effictive and applies to everyone.
    Last edited by OdinsSon NA1; 02-18-2014 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OdinsSon NA1 View Post

- IP Restrictions I agree 100% along as it's effictive and applies to everyone.
    Evony whimped out on those - they've been removed now. Back to the old system...
    [Retired]
    Signature by: Morgan le Fay

Shawne Sucks

war reports still down. Good news is evony just open another sever without fixing na1..