Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 166

Thread: Bring Back Red Rep!

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waiting for cushseth to rep me.
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Leap View Post
    On one fitness forum, they've set it so that you can't rep the same person unless 40+ reps had been given out to different members and you can't give out more than 5 reps a day. Rep power increases in very small increments too. In spite of this, they still admit that the system isn't perfect and people still find a way to "hoard" rep and/or bully others with it.
    omg it posts

    but lol you on the bodybuilding forum as well? funny place

    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Leap View Post
    [FONT="Tahoma"]To be clear, I didn't hand out the red rep simply because I can. I handed them out to make a statement which either got nabbed on the technical front, or simply flew over your heads.

    You're demanding to have red rep returned. But one of the arguments raised was that it is easily abused and dissensions easily stem from them.
    another aspect of the argument clearly whizzed right over your head too. it was initlally claimed that mods/hps should be mature enough to use it, unfortunately for you you can along and and threw a spanner in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Leap View Post
    [FONT="Tahoma"]This reasoning is akin to a child who had his toy taken away because of naughtiness and is now whining because his sibling, who he thinks has also done something naughty, didn't have his toy taken away as well.
    You're responding on the basis of one isolated event where an HP shockingly red-repped five of you in the same thread where you're [ironically!] asking to have red rep back.
    Didn't it ever occur to you that I could have already read everything that's been posted about the matter before I gave out my reps ... therefore it would be stupid to think that I only did it to prove that I can?
    my posts rarely have a whining tone to them, but i think youll notice, not anywhere did me or the others throw a fit over the redrep, it and of itself we couldnt care less about, we only brought up because of the statement of a certain orange fonted poster that you guys are all mature and whatnot.

    also correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure judging by a post reasoner hit cushseth with red rep too. so that makes too of these bold/nasty siblings that didnt have their toys taken away from them.

    also im sure you did read everything, but i said nothing that was really red rep worthy, and your comment would suggest that it was just because you can. however i think you did it because ppl were asking for red rep back and you thought itd be funny to give them some

    Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    I never said I wasn't a troll.
    maybe gandalf can help?

    Last edited by tipperary1; 11-27-2012 at 07:18 AM.


    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cracking my whip
    Posts
    3,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    another aspect of the argument clearly whizzed right over your head too. it was initlally claimed that mods/hps should be mature enough to use it, unfortunately for you you can along and and threw a spanner in the works
    I think the whole point of the post has just whizzed over your head too. Quantum red repped you not because eric was saying that 'mods and HP's should be the only users to have that ability' but rather to point out that red rep tends to incite a response. You may argue it wasn't negative but the fact that both yourself and Mira both posted that you had received it adds weight to Quantum's point that it tends to encourage negativity.

    Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    my posts rarely have a whining tone to them, but i think youll notice, not anywhere did me or the others throw a fit over the redrep, it and of itself we couldnt care less about, we only brought up because of the statement of a certain orange fonted poster that you guys are all mature and whatnot.
    Again, the fact you responded throws that argument out of the window. If I'm allowed to mention that in a thread not too far away from this one you take up 80% of it whining about being infracted and how unfair it is to you. Most of our current HP's were once mods, including QL. However, I agree it doesn't make them necessarily more mature than an ordinary poster but it is what it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    also correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure judging by a post reasoner hit cushseth with red rep too. so that makes too of these bold/nasty siblings that didnt have their toys taken away from them.
    I can't comment on the whys and wherefore's that motivated Reasoner to give that red rep. However, I remember Quantum also saying something along the lines because big brother gets to keep his toys and you don't, you consider it an injustice. You claim that you don't care about rep, be it red or green. Then why are you so adamant that red repping should be brought back as it clearly shows that you care more about it then anyone else!

    Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    also im sure you did read everything, but i said nothing that was really red rep worthy, and your comment would suggest that it was just because you can. however i think you did it because ppl were asking for red rep back and you thought itd be funny to give them some
    Once again it wasn't nothing to do with the 'I can', more to do with 'see what happens when someone gets red repped'. Truth is, it can't be 'policed' efficiently. It's far easier just remove it from all ordinary users and 'nip the it in the bud'. As I said in an earlier post, it doesn't bring anything to the forum except grief. It isn't coming back no matter how much you scream and stamp your foot, so accept it and let it be.

    Thanks to Infinitus for the epic B'day pressie!

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waiting for cushseth to rep me.
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan le Fay View Post
    I think the whole point of the post has just whizzed over your head too. Quantum red repped you not because eric was saying that 'mods and HP's should be the only users to have that ability' but rather to point out that red rep tends to incite a response. You may argue it wasn't negative but the fact that both yourself and Mira both posted that you had received it adds weight to Quantum's point that it tends to encourage negativity.



    Again, the fact you responded throws that argument out of the window. If I'm allowed to mention that in a thread not too far away from this one you take up 80% of it whining about being infracted and how unfair it is to you. Most of our current HP's were once mods, including QL. However, I agree it doesn't make them necessarily more mature than an ordinary poster but it is what it is.



    I can't comment on the whys and wherefore's that motivated Reasoner to give that red rep. However, I remember Quantum also saying something along the lines because big brother gets to keep his toys and you don't, you consider it an injustice. You claim that you don't care about rep, be it red or green. Then why are you so adamant that red repping should be brought back as it clearly shows that you care more about it then anyone else!



    Once again it wasn't nothing to do with the 'I can', more to do with 'see what happens when someone gets red repped'. Truth is, it can't be 'policed' efficiently. It's far easier just remove it from all ordinary users and 'nip the it in the bud'. As I said in an earlier post, it doesn't bring anything to the forum except grief. It isn't coming back no matter how much you scream and stamp your foot, so accept it and let it be.


    i started to reply, but then i decided why am i bothering, its all been said and you clearly havent grasped any of it. ive stated my stance on the rep and why i want it back, but you must have missed it while riding around on that high horse. and ive no interest in wasting my time finding quotes for someone who cant read properly. this is highly reminiscient of that comforting thread where you continued to regurgitate the same points over and over long after theyd been responded to, discussed or dismissed by several ppl. yes there are both positive and negative sides to the red repping argument, i believe most if not all have been layed out already.

    also let me define whining for you.

    whining present participle of whine (Verb)
    Verb:
    Give or make a long, high-pitched complaining cry or sound.
    Complain in a feeble or petulant way.

    i complained but not in a feeble or petulant way. i layed out the facts and let others make what they want of them in that thread.
    Last edited by tipperary1; 11-27-2012 at 09:22 AM.


    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

  4. #104

    Default

    Tipp, I love you, you're a cute little irish buttmunchkin - but really, how can you even argue that you don't care about rep when you are one of the main participants of this thread and surely the most verbose?

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waiting for cushseth to rep me.
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abdiel View Post
    Tipp, I love you, you're a cute little irish buttmunchkin - but really, how can you even argue that you don't care about rep when you are one of the main participants of this thread and surely the most verbose?
    lol wth abdiel

    but i thought itd been made clear but obviously not, id like a funtioning repping system, while theres loads of pluses and negatives on top of it all its fun which is the best reason to get it all working.

    however being red repped doesnt bother me, the only reason i brought quantums red repping of me to light was to contradict eric. morgan and ql have some notions that i was



    a picture paints a thousand words and all. basically the opinions of ppl on the internetz who truly dont know me have little effect on me. if red rep was brought back and quantum leaps red repping circle came to fruition with a vendetta against me giving me full red bars, i wouldnt care. if theyd reason to do so, perhaps i might learn something about myself, if not, well meh who cares.
    Last edited by tipperary1; 11-27-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: the forum is not ready for such revelations....


    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hicktown
    Posts
    732

    Default

    You will always have those immature people who will red rep because you might have irritated them. If red rep was to come back , and don't get me wrong..i know its not coming back, it could at least be avaiable to members with 1000 posts or more. There fore everyone has the experience required to evaluate a thread and give reputation based on the response or post. If red rep was still available i'm sure there would be alot who would abuse it. I was only around for a short time period when red rep was still here yet i still have one red rep for "trolling". I have looked back and still cannot understand how my post was off topic or had a "trolling" characteristic.

  7. #107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin1995 View Post
    You will always have those immature people who will red rep because you might have irritated them. If red rep was to come back , and don't get me wrong..i know its not coming back, it could at least be avaiable to members with 1000 posts or more. There fore everyone has the experience required to evaluate a thread and give reputation based on the response or post. If red rep was still available i'm sure there would be alot who would abuse it. I was only around for a short time period when red rep was still here yet i still have one red rep for "trolling". I have looked back and still cannot understand how my post was off topic or had a "trolling" characteristic.
    Oh don't worry if you just give red rep powers to those with 1k+ posts then tentpig will magically appear and say its "not fair" everyone doesn't have the same powers. Soon Morgan will interject and claim the little new forum members don't deserve to be red repped, whatever green rep they have should be theirs forever and ever.........


    I say the comforting change is a step in the right direction, I argue facts and real ongoing situations of the matter...
    You dream up ideas that don't exist and STILL blame botters and STILL feel it's fair to have something forever in a war game...

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hicktown
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xTONYx View Post
    Oh don't worry if you just give red rep powers to those with 1k+ posts then tentpig will magically appear and say its "not fair" everyone doesn't have the same powers. Soon Morgan will interject and claim the little new forum members don't deserve to be red repped, whatever green rep they have should be theirs forever and ever.........

    In the words of Napoleon Bonaparte

    “The people to fear are not those who disagree with you, but those who disagree with you and are too cowardly to let you know”


    We all have haters - Let 'em hate.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waiting for cushseth to rep me.
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xTONYx View Post
    Oh don't worry if you just give red rep powers to those with 1k+ posts then tentpig will magically appear and say its "not fair" everyone doesn't have the same powers. Soon Morgan will interject and claim the little new forum members don't deserve to be red repped, whatever green rep they have should be theirs forever and ever.........

    well tentpig to be fair would attract a lot of red rep from a lot of ppl and deservedly, although i notice of late hes gone quiet since his 2 week suspension for trolling


    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hicktown
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    well tentpig to be fair would attract a lot of red rep from a lot of ppl and deservedly, although i notice of late hes gone quiet since his 2 week suspension for trolling
    Who is tentpig?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •