Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Back Red Rep!

Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    lol ok maybe reset the irreputable rephoarders to 2k, or even just set red repping at a capped -10. wont affect ppl too much and thered be less whining.
    Lol, how am I a rep hoarder? I'm the longest active member on the forums and I'm only rank 9th by rep. Not my fault people like me, lol.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

i think red rep should be brought back, i wasnt on the forums at the time of red repping but it sounds like it should be brought back

sig made by Soaap

na43-Done, na50-ARES

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    Lol, how am I a rep hoarder? I'm the longest active member on the forums and I'm only rank 9th by rep. Not my fault people like me, lol.
    a repping circle was formed on this forum after the original alteration to the red rep system to highlight how the system was broken. they proved their point by hyper inflating ppls rep with some of them giving out up to 100 points or more a wack. i myself have accumulated a good 1500 points from these reppers, the rest of my 4k rep is genuine.

somethin tells me you became one of their regular rep spreads as well

I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

a repping circle was formed on this forum after the original alteration to the red rep system to highlight how the system was broken. they proved their point by hyper inflating ppls rep with some of them giving out up to 100 points or more a wack. i myself have accumulated a good 1500 points from these reppers, the rest of my 4k rep is genuine.

somethin tells me you became one of their regular rep spreads as well
    I could SS my rep screen, if you like. There are no patterns in it. It just so happens I used to make very good threads.
    Just because you don't like me doesn't mean I didn't earn my rep. Your opinion is not the one of the community.
    Last edited by cushseth; 11-02-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Ya.

I could SS my rep screen, if you like. There are no patterns in it. It just so happens I used to make very good threads.
    Just because you don't like me doesn't mean I didn't earn my rep. Your opinion is not the one of the community.
    im sure you did, but its the reps from these ppl that really notch up the points

I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

im sure you did, but its the reps from these ppl that really notch up the points
    I wasn't affected by them, They did not spread on me.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Ya.

Quote Originally Posted by miraculix View Post
    red rep is an extremely useful tool, instead of some posters straddling the line to ensure they dont get an infraction, they would now have to consider how the community reacts to their posts.
    also if theres one or 2 ppl using it because theyve some personal issues with you, it shouldnt make that much of a difference, red repping is half what a user can give out of green rep.
    These two points contradict each other. Red rep has no value other than to flame, insult, etc other users. Also, what Morgan said about rep rings also falls into play here. Members of rep rings could care less about other users red-repping them. They can build it back in no time and simultaneously destroy their 'assailant' red-repper's rep.
    now ask yourselves which is better, the public flaming or a private comment to that person which they might learn from?
    Neither. And i'd argue that the public flaming is better because mods can see it and infract/delete accordingly. That is the problem with rep. The only way to report it is to screenshot it, which can be shopped and isn't viable for the majority of our less tech-savy users. I can't speak for the admins or SMods though.
    if theres ppl continously abusing the power, give the mods the ability to take it away.
    Though we can certainly reduce users' ranks to Civilians, I think that's about all we could do in this case. But again, where is the proof going to come from that people are abusing? SSs can be shopped.

Red-rep is currently useful in the hands of Historic Posters+ because these users can (hopefully) be trusted to provide constructive criticism of the post they red-rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan le Fay View Post
    Really the rep system should be done away with altogether and try something like badges for certain achievements on the forum. In my humble opinion they would mean a helluva a lot more than a number.
    I'm in favor of this. However, I would like the rep system to stay. Purely because I enjoy reading the comments sometimes and going back to where they link me in order to read humorous conversations of the past.

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    "
    - Albert Einstein

I wasn't affected by them, They did not spread on me.
    your argument is invalid ur rep is misleading ppl think u kno what ur talkin about since u comment forums more than chatting in AC
    Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    PS: Mech wasn't trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by MechHead View Post
    your argument is invalid ur rep is misleading ppl think u kno what ur talkin about since u comment forums more than chatting in AC
    Your in AC less than I am, so settle down.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Ya.

Quote Originally Posted by eric0095 View Post

These two points contradict each other. Red rep has no value other than to flame, insult, etc other users.
    i fail to see how those 2 points contradict each other. also you say that as if its a statement of a fact. it is not, that is an opinion. Red rep has much value as can be seen from my original post.

Also, what Morgan said about rep rings also falls into play here. Members of rep rings could care less about other users red-repping them. They can build it back in no time and simultaneously destroy their 'assailant' red-repper's rep.
    for ppl that display such immaturity(id be surprised to see it among the current active membership) they need to have the power removed from them. or receive other heavy punishments for such actions.

Neither. And i'd argue that the public flaming is better because mods can see it and infract/delete accordingly. That is the problem with rep. The only way to report it is to screenshot it, which can be shopped and isn't viable for the majority of our less tech-savy users. I can't speak for the admins or SMods though.
    so you think a bunch of ppl ganging up on 1 poster for the viewing pleasure of the whole community is better? im not understanding your logic here. think about it. its less work for the mods having to delete the posts and less work for members whove to sort through the crapola to get to the heart of the topic of the thread.

Though we can certainly reduce users' ranks to Civilians, I think that's about all we could do in this case. But again, where is the proof going to come from that people are abusing? SSs can be shopped.
    i couldve sworn mods had the power to view repping, maybe only senior mods?