Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 166

Thread: Bring Back Red Rep!

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    lol ok maybe reset the irreputable rephoarders to 2k, or even just set red repping at a capped -10. wont affect ppl too much and thered be less whining.
    Lol, how am I a rep hoarder? I'm the longest active member on the forums and I'm only rank 9th by rep. Not my fault people like me, lol.
    SS37

    Less QQ more PewPew

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    look behind you
    Posts
    207

    Default

    i think red rep should be brought back, i wasnt on the forums at the time of red repping but it sounds like it should be brought back

    sig made by Soaap

    na43-Done, na50-ARES

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waiting for cushseth to rep me.
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    Lol, how am I a rep hoarder? I'm the longest active member on the forums and I'm only rank 9th by rep. Not my fault people like me, lol.
    a repping circle was formed on this forum after the original alteration to the red rep system to highlight how the system was broken. they proved their point by hyper inflating ppls rep with some of them giving out up to 100 points or more a wack. i myself have accumulated a good 1500 points from these reppers, the rest of my 4k rep is genuine.

    somethin tells me you became one of their regular rep spreads as well


    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    a repping circle was formed on this forum after the original alteration to the red rep system to highlight how the system was broken. they proved their point by hyper inflating ppls rep with some of them giving out up to 100 points or more a wack. i myself have accumulated a good 1500 points from these reppers, the rest of my 4k rep is genuine.

    somethin tells me you became one of their regular rep spreads as well
    I could SS my rep screen, if you like. There are no patterns in it. It just so happens I used to make very good threads.
    Just because you don't like me doesn't mean I didn't earn my rep. Your opinion is not the one of the community.
    Last edited by cushseth; 11-02-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    SS37

    Less QQ more PewPew

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waiting for cushseth to rep me.
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I could SS my rep screen, if you like. There are no patterns in it. It just so happens I used to make very good threads.
    Just because you don't like me doesn't mean I didn't earn my rep. Your opinion is not the one of the community.
    im sure you did, but its the reps from these ppl that really notch up the points


    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    im sure you did, but its the reps from these ppl that really notch up the points
    I wasn't affected by them, They did not spread on me.
    SS37

    Less QQ more PewPew

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Creating Perfect Chaos
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miraculix View Post
    red rep is an extremely useful tool, instead of some posters straddling the line to ensure they dont get an infraction, they would now have to consider how the community reacts to their posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by miraculix View Post
    also if theres one or 2 ppl using it because theyve some personal issues with you, it shouldnt make that much of a difference, red repping is half what a user can give out of green rep.
    These two points contradict each other. Red rep has no value other than to flame, insult, etc other users. Also, what Morgan said about rep rings also falls into play here. Members of rep rings could care less about other users red-repping them. They can build it back in no time and simultaneously destroy their 'assailant' red-repper's rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by miraculix View Post
    now ask yourselves which is better, the public flaming or a private comment to that person which they might learn from?
    Neither. And i'd argue that the public flaming is better because mods can see it and infract/delete accordingly. That is the problem with rep. The only way to report it is to screenshot it, which can be shopped and isn't viable for the majority of our less tech-savy users. I can't speak for the admins or SMods though.
    Quote Originally Posted by miraculix View Post
    if theres ppl continously abusing the power, give the mods the ability to take it away.
    Though we can certainly reduce users' ranks to Civilians, I think that's about all we could do in this case. But again, where is the proof going to come from that people are abusing? SSs can be shopped.

    Red-rep is currently useful in the hands of Historic Posters+ because these users can (hopefully) be trusted to provide constructive criticism of the post they red-rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan le Fay View Post
    Really the rep system should be done away with altogether and try something like badges for certain achievements on the forum. In my humble opinion they would mean a helluva a lot more than a number.
    I'm in favor of this. However, I would like the rep system to stay. Purely because I enjoy reading the comments sometimes and going back to where they link me in order to read humorous conversations of the past.


    "Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    "
    - Albert Einstein

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I wasn't affected by them, They did not spread on me.
    your argument is invalid ur rep is misleading ppl think u kno what ur talkin about since u comment forums more than chatting in AC
    Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    PS: Mech wasn't trolling.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechHead View Post
    your argument is invalid ur rep is misleading ppl think u kno what ur talkin about since u comment forums more than chatting in AC
    Your in AC less than I am, so settle down.
    SS37

    Less QQ more PewPew

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eric0095 View Post


    These two points contradict each other. Red rep has no value other than to flame, insult, etc other users.
    i fail to see how those 2 points contradict each other. also you say that as if its a statement of a fact. it is not, that is an opinion. Red rep has much value as can be seen from my original post.

    Quote Originally Posted by eric0095 View Post

    Also, what Morgan said about rep rings also falls into play here. Members of rep rings could care less about other users red-repping them. They can build it back in no time and simultaneously destroy their 'assailant' red-repper's rep.
    for ppl that display such immaturity(id be surprised to see it among the current active membership) they need to have the power removed from them. or receive other heavy punishments for such actions.

    Quote Originally Posted by eric0095 View Post

    Neither. And i'd argue that the public flaming is better because mods can see it and infract/delete accordingly. That is the problem with rep. The only way to report it is to screenshot it, which can be shopped and isn't viable for the majority of our less tech-savy users. I can't speak for the admins or SMods though.
    so you think a bunch of ppl ganging up on 1 poster for the viewing pleasure of the whole community is better? im not understanding your logic here. think about it. its less work for the mods having to delete the posts and less work for members whove to sort through the crapola to get to the heart of the topic of the thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by eric0095 View Post

    Though we can certainly reduce users' ranks to Civilians, I think that's about all we could do in this case. But again, where is the proof going to come from that people are abusing? SSs can be shopped.
    i couldve sworn mods had the power to view repping, maybe only senior mods?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •