Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Back Red Rep!

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    Your in AC less than I am, so settle down.
    LOL.. Shhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    PS: Mech wasn't trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by miraculix View Post
    i fail to see how those 2 points contradict each other. also you say that as if its a statement of a fact. it is not, that is an opinion. Red rep has much value as can be seen from my original post.
    Well you said "red rep is an extremely useful tool [...] they would now have to consider how the community reacts to their posts" then you said "it shouldnt make that much of a difference, red repping is half what a user can give out of green rep." Both a little out of context, but hopefully you see my point.
    for ppl that display such immaturity(id be surprised to see it among the current active membership) they need to have the power removed from them. or receive other heavy punishments for such actions.
    I wouldn't be surprised, though I agree it would be far less likely. But again, how do you 'prove' the rep ring exists? SSs? Again... false information was and is a possibility.
    so you think a bunch of ppl ganging up on 1 poster for the viewing pleasure of the whole community is better? im not understanding your logic here. think about it. its less work for the mods having to delete the posts and less work for members whove to sort through the crapola to get to the heart of the topic of the thread.
    Quite frankly, yes. Why should the user they're ganging up on have to solely deal with the bullying of their comments? In public, everyone can see the immaturity of the users who feel the need to belittle others. And from my view, it would be WAY easier to delete posts rather than have to sort through a tirade of PMs, SSs, false information, accusations, people getting upset cuz they care too much about rep, etc.
    i couldve sworn mods had the power to view repping, maybe only senior mods?
    I'll ask AA and Alu and see if they can confirm this.

Though I will say, a few of the problems i've addressed (mostly about lack of proof) could be fixed if the admins implemented a report feature for rep comments. I don't know if that's in the cards though.

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    "
    - Albert Einstein

P.S. Morgan rep repped me a year and a half ago. I still have not gotten over it.
    I actually can't remember doing that. Oh the power I once had......

I think I got red repped about 4 times, big whoop. However, what I think everyone is patiently trying to say is unless you have the maturity to deal with it then it's not viable to bring it back. It causes far too much flaming and arguments. Maybe you weren't here when it was introduced, but it was actually responsible making rep worth nothing.

People just repped each other mindlessly so they could acquire the rank of Duke and therefore begin to subtract rep points. Not to mention the post spamming. It was thought that by the time one got to Duke (1000 posts, 6 months and 200 points of rep) they would be responsible enough to use their red rep privileges. That of course turned out not to be the case.

Thanks to Infinitus for the epic B'day pressie!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan le Fay View Post
    I actually can't remember doing that. Oh the power I once had......

I think I got red repped about 4 times, big whoop. However, what I think everyone is patiently trying to say is unless you have the maturity to deal with it then it's not viable to bring it back. It causes far too much flaming and arguments. Maybe you weren't here when it was introduced, but it was actually responsible making rep worth nothing.

People just repped each other mindlessly so they could acquire the rank of Duke and therefore begin to subtract rep points. Not to mention the post spamming. It was thought that by the time one got to Duke (1000 posts, 6 months and 200 points of rep) they would be responsible enough to use their red rep privileges. That of course turned out not to be the case.
    you say this as if every single member spammed nonsense and then abused the power, that is not the case, again it was a small minority that screwed up a good system for everyone else. i believe most of these ppl are either banned, or inactive now so think well be alright

Without red rep, the system is useless. It doesn't make sense to be able to tell someone good job, if you can ONLY tell someone good job.

I rep people and leave negative comments, as that's the only way to do it now without being public about it.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

you say this as if every single member spammed nonsense and then abused the power, that is not the case, again it was a small minority that screwed up a good system for everyone else. i believe most of these ppl are either banned, or inactive now so think well be alright
    What about the new generation.....

You can betcha last dollar another group will once again abuse the privileges. Maybe it was a small minority but it was enough to generate ripples through the community.

Without red rep, the system is useless. It doesn't make sense to be able to tell someone good job, if you can ONLY tell someone good job.

I rep people and leave negative comments, as that's the only way to do it now without being public about it.
    You just tell them how it is anyway Cush. If you don't want to be public about it, VM or PM the miscreant. Muahahahahahaaa

Thanks to Infinitus for the epic B'day pressie!

I rep people and leave negative comments
    LOL im glad im not the only one who uses green rep as a red rep replacement
    Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    PS: Mech wasn't trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    a repping circle was formed on this forum after the original alteration to the red rep system to highlight how the system was broken. they proved their point by hyper inflating ppls rep with some of them giving out up to 100 points or more a wack. i myself have accumulated a good 1500 points from these reppers, the rest of my 4k rep is genuine.

somethin tells me you became one of their regular rep spreads as well
    Actually incorrect. Cushseth was not actively part of this rep circle.

Personally, I think while red rep was fun, it's probably for the best that it's gone. It caused more trouble than it was worth.

Quote Originally Posted by eric0095 View Post
    i couldve sworn mods had the power to view repping, maybe only senior mods?
    I'll ask AA and Alu and see if they can confirm this.
    Alright, well i've asked, and yes they can see them. Even with that, it puts a lot of modding pressure on just two people.

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    "
    - Albert Einstein

Building a religion... a limited edition...

Just because they can view rep doesn't mean they can do anything about it.

The admins have made it clear that rep isn't anything they'll focus on, ever.

All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.