Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Knight, the Last Battle

Default Dragon Knight, the Last Battle

Ragnarok had begun in Midgard.

There was no denying it now. Even now, the Einherjar forces of Odin were moving to engage the trolls, giants, and undead that plague Midgard, led by Hel of Nifelheim, who had aligned with Tiamat.

Jormungand had arisen from the seas, and Fenrir was loose. All of Midgard was embroiled in war.

And that was only the north.

Frederick Karlson was not involved in the Ragnarok battles, currently. Instead, there was another threat.

"It would seem that the drow are behind the disturbance among the giants," said Frederick.

"This is correct," agreed Merlin. "The documents written to Surt were quite clear. They originate from the Drow city of Erelhei-Cinlu."

"Erel... right, I'll just call it Drinlu since it's a drow city that ends in Inlu," nodded Frederick. "So then we go kill them all."

"I'm going to recruit using the Guild," said Lilian. "Post a message that says 'all who want to defeat the drow, join Frederick Karlson's quest into Drinlu to defeat the... wait, who rules that city?"

"Um..."

Frederick used his amulet. "Yo, Aurelia," he said, "Who rules the Drow city of Drinlu? Or whatever it's called... you know, that drow city ending in 'inlu'. We're going to go destroy it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigilstone17 View Post
    Holeypaladin is a pretty cool guy.
    I like swords.

Aurelia was brought out of her reading with a message from Frederick asking about some 'Drinlu' place. Whilst she'd never heard of Drinlu, she had heard of Erelhei-Cinlu, which was presumably the one he was talking about. But she knew very little of the city - she knew much more about Menzoberranzan and other places such as Lith My'athar than Erelhei-Cinlu... But she did know that Vierinissa knew about Erelhei-Cinlu, having gone there a few times in order to deal with some neutral-aligned drow about something or other.

"Hey mother! What do you know about Erelhei-Cinlu?"

Vierinissa walked over from her prayer book. "Erelhei-Cinlu is the centre of the Greyhawk faction of the drow. It contains a planar gate to the Abyss, namely the Demonweb Pits, a vast expanse of space that goes on forever and is basically Lolth's fortress. It is home to millions of arachnid-shaped demons, and also several powerful drow lords, I'd imagine. Erelhei-Cinlu itself is ruled by the Fane of Lolth, basically Lolth's clergy and mages etcetera... It's vital for us because of that gate to the Abyss. Tell Frederick that it is ruled by Lolth's clergy in the Greyhawk faction of the Drow."

"Erelhei-Cinlu is ruled by Lolth's most powerful clergy in the Greyhawk faction of the Drow. And you want us to go destroy it? How about spending a long time in the dungeon before being executed... It'll end in the same result. Only difference being we'll kill people beforehand in the first scenario." Aurelia sighed. "I don't get it - I'm supposed to just stand by and watch my race be slaughtered? In fact, take part in it? And they expect me to go along with this, and not care that I'm killing my own race, even though they stand for everything I'm against? This is genocide of my own people..."

Vierinissa nodded. "I know it's difficult to do, Aurelia. But it is necessary for the continued survival of the world as a whole."

"Wiping out a race and the goddess they worship should never be the answer to a problem." Aurelia sighed. "I'm getting soft. I guess I'm not up to killing people any more."

"It's not that, Aurelia. You're learning that sometimes good is brutal and bloody, just as much as evil. Morals... Morals are questionable at best at all times, Aurelia. You're a young girl caught up in a world war."

"Not just caught up in it, mother. I'm fighting in it. And I'm beginning to think I picked the wrong side."

"Oh, ok," replied Frederick, "Thanks. Guess we'll take our own force with us when we take out the city, then. With luck, their main army will be out looting and pillaging in the fashion of the rest of Tiamat's minions to give us less resistance."

"We need another army," said Frederick. "The Einherjar are busy with Ragnarok. Let's recruit some dragon knights and some soldiers."

"My dad can't help us in this one," said Kain. "Airships don't work underground."

"I'm guessing our Valkyries might be too busy with Ragnarok to really assist us as well," said Arngrim. "But I suppose there's no harm in trying. Still, looks like Lilian is the one to ask."

Lilian smiled. "The Sidequest Guild can get some help. As for armies... well, you've got enough money stored up to raise a few, don't you?"

"Eh... probably," shrugged Frederick, "If I had lands. Well, I've been donating enough of it to Bahamut's war fund that he'll probably let me borrow a few thousand troops for the assault. They shouldn't see us coming, with me and Merlin knowing the portal coordinates."

"We cannot teleport directly to Drinlu," said Merlin, playing with Frederick's new name for the city. "But we can portal to a staging ground a few kilometers outside. Problem is, we'll have to fight our way through some of the more convoluted sections of the Underdark. But the advantage is we will be hitting them from a virtually unguarded section of the city's defenses."

"Right then," said Frederick, "Let's get word out, get some troops, and start organizing our staging area. We'll attack... soonish."
    I like swords.

Garth gave a Loud roar in his dragon form as he flew down to the field where they had been before as a large man on his back cheered. Garth touched the ground as the Giant man leaped off of him, the man was no other then Svengal Erak.

Garth turned himself back into his usual form his glasses and everything still in tact as he wiped off his robes. Erak looked back at him with a smile patting his shoulder, "That was some very well done flying my friend." Erak said with a smile. Garth nodded, "Yeah well you get use to having to react quickly and think quickly when that person is around you." Garth joked as Erak gave a big belly laugh. "Where is our friend Fred," Erak now said looking around, "I tell you i can smell a fight coming other then just Ragnarok, i could use a fight against others who aren't just mindless idiots." Garth said as he looked around
    may all who feel my blade know my pain
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=146907 read my story
    <15:37>[paingodsson]: well i usually save tjpse fpr of o, attled pr o, attlomg
    <15:37>[ThaCulprit]: wtf did you just say to me? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kemal Rondal View Post
    i support paingo-whatever.

"Yo, Erak, Garth," said Frederick as he made his way across the palace grounds. "Figured you'd be off fighting Ragnarok. Odin still has you attached to Bahamut's dragon knights?"

He thought for a moment. "Well, if you're looking for a fight... and when are you not looking for a fight, really? We're going to attack the drow city of Drinlu pretty soon, could use some crazy Vikings to cause mass destruction, and all that. Also, should be plenty of loot, as it's some sort of drow capital. Pillaging may be against Bahamut's code, but there's no harm in helping yourself to the coffers of evil people once you've killed them... they obviously won't be needing them anymore."
    I like swords.

Erak's eyes widened at the sound of loot. "Fred you are speaking my language now." he said with a smile, as Garth chuckled, "Yes Causing destruction.. that is what we are good for, besides its a lot more fun to kill those who can actually think for themselves." Garth said

Erak nodded, "We would be honored to, Odin has allowed us to leave Ragnarok to him at the time being, he also said he wanted to give you this." Erak said as he pulled out a horn from his sack and put it in Fred's hand, "He didn't tell us what it was but he said it was powerful, but anyhow, What's the plan for this attack on this Drow city?" Erak asked
    may all who feel my blade know my pain
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=146907 read my story
    <15:37>[paingodsson]: well i usually save tjpse fpr of o, attled pr o, attlomg
    <15:37>[ThaCulprit]: wtf did you just say to me? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kemal Rondal View Post
    i support paingo-whatever.

"We're organizing an army of mercenaries through the Sidequest Guild," said Frederick. "As well as borrowing some of Bahamut's soldiers from various kingdoms on the surface. He's granted us a decent enough force on loan that if we strike hard and quick, we should be able to overwhelm the city's defenses. Assuming all goes according to plan, which it will, because I hold a PhD in Awesome."

He examined the horn. "Interesting," he said, before examining it with magic to identify its properties. "Odin has assigned us another Valkyrie to use in time of need. But it's a one-use item, so it's best to reserve it for when we really need the help. During the assault, perhaps... Odin will appreciate all the souls to collect, I'm sure."
    Last edited by Holeypaladin; 11-02-2012 at 09:53 PM.
    I like swords.

Aurelia looked over at Sabuit, who was lying on her bed, evidently resting her eyes. "Sabi?"

Sabuit opened her eyes. "Yeah?"

"What do you think about all of this?"

"All of what? Killing those in our race who have done nasty things and therefore brought the general reputation of the Drow down to a very low level? I can't say I'm opposed to it."

"But Sabi, it's genocide!"

Sabuit shrugged. "It's no worse than what they'd do to us, sis. And besides... we've still got Silverwater. There's still House My'athar, House El'Anadar, House Aleaniryn... The Council of Twelve... There's still House Shadowstrider. Silverwater is safe, sis - the Drow will be fine, we'll just take serious casualties from Erelhei-Cinlu. Hell, once we kill Lolth, we take out Menzoberranzan too!"

"No. We just get another Silence, but this will be permanent. And then some woman will rise to power and then the other Drow will finally live like everyone else does." Raeviir, who was sitting in a chair in the corner and had been silent until now, spoke up from nowhere.

"Like what happened before?" asked Sabuit.

"Yeah. Exactly like what happened before, except with no Archduke of Cania this time. Sheesh, that was one hell of a fiasco, that incident."

Aurelia laughed. "The time when some surfacer faced off against Mephistopheles and won with the assistance of some tiefling and a dead paladin in the middle of Waterdeep? That was amusing to say the least when I heard of it."

Vierinissa was the only one who didn't laugh. "It was a serious invasion. Had it not been for the surfacer, we could have had a catastrophic planar invasion on our hands - Waterdeep may have been lost."

"Oh yeah... er, sorry mother... I forgot you were here."

"Strange. You never used to forget I was with you before. Your memory fading already Aurelia? Or does your dear mother not matter to you anymore?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

Vierinissa smiled. "Lighten up, girl. I was just having a laugh. And for your information, 'that surfacer' happened to be Marianna Aufenbach, the same one who is handmaiden for Sabi. Remember now?"

Sabi nodded. "Oh yeah, I now remember her saying something about it!"
    Last edited by BrotherhoodUK; 11-02-2012 at 08:59 PM.

"Your Grace." Severus Black appeared in the throne room along with Eddard Hammer, and three men.

"I presume you've brought the report?" King Adrian sat on the throne, deep in the large fortress.

"Yes. A Drow raiding part has been spotted to the north. They're making a move to attack again." Severus fiddled with the pommel of his sword, awaiting the inevitable orders.

"Lolthites?"

"The same."

"Wipe them out. Call up the reserves to man the walls, and then lure the enemy towards the strongest part of the walls... Then give them hell." Adrian got up from the throne, and got his bow, along with his quiver of arrows. "How big is the party?"

"A hundred Drow, along with a Drow mage." Severus added, while Eddard and the other men left the throne room to prepare for the attack.

"This should be easy. They must be testing our defenses or something, or they're about to come under some heavy attack. Send them a message: We're not people they'll want to mess with." Adrian then dismissed Severus, and headed out himself.

One could never tell if the men needed the boost in morale, so it was best to come along anyway.

-----------------------

"Drow?" Balthazzar was currently within the fortress, having stopped there for a rest. He had been invited to stay for a couple days within the very large fortress, but the king hadn't been out to see him yet.

He must have been considered just another guy wanting some help. He heard that there was a raiding party, and the king was calling up the reserves to give them an epic send off. He chuckled. It would be a jolly send off, alright.

Zamma was huge, and the raiding party of a hundred that was coming their way was a cheap shot, unless they were probing the defenses of the fortress.

Figuring that he should earn his keep, Balthazzar grabbed his own bow and headed to the walls.
    Formerly known as Jurnis

Darkeye walked through the camp, most of the soldiers giving him a wide path as they stood to the side, others attempted to stop him to ask where he was going, each conversation never lasted for more than 30 seconds before their nerve broke or the sent him in the right direction. Finally he began to walk towards the commander. Fred... what an odd name for a warrior of such renown, one is to think he would have earned his blood name by now. When he was close enough to speak Dark eye would bring his right hand across his chest in salute as he would address Fred he would make a slight coughing sound as he began to speak in common "I Darkeye, I told report to Warleader Fred for orders, that he need help in taking drow city."