Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Knight, the Last Battle

Frederick was making rounds in one of the soldier encampments when a large... gnoll.. came up and asked him for orders.

"Darkeye," said Frederick, sizing up the gnoll. "You look tough. Alright, you can join the shock team. I'm forming an elite team lines up with the best fighters and dragon knights I can find in order to assault the stronghold in Drinlu. Our army should serve to keep the main body of their forces occupied, but... we expect heavy resistance at the stronghold's keep, including Tiamat dragon knights and high-ranking clergy and spellcasters. So yeah... your strength could help." He used a Tongues spell to repeat the instructions in Gnollish in case Darkeye had misunderstood the common.

"Anyway, I'm going to open up the portal to the staging area in the Underdark. The heavy assault team will be leading the charge when we initiate the attack."

The army was forming up so as to march through the portal quickly, as Frederick could not hold it open for very long before it became a severe drain on his mana reserves. Making his way to the designated location, he opened the gate, and the army started to double-time through the portal.
    Last edited by Holeypaladin; 11-03-2012 at 02:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigilstone17 View Post
    Holeypaladin is a pretty cool guy.
    I like swords.

Erak chuckled at the Gnoll's lack of common as he got serious as the Portal opened, Erak and Garth ran into it Garth's eyes were bright red as Erak had his giant sword out ready to fight. Erak yelled back at the army, "LET'S MOVE IT YOU FOOLS WE HAVEN'T GOT ALL DAY!" he yelled as he thought to himself how untrained this army could be in quick operations. He looked to Garth, who was ready as he grabbed his amulet to talk with fred.

"We have your Back Fred whenever your ready." Garth said
    may all who feel my blade know my pain
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=146907 read my story
    <15:37>[paingodsson]: well i usually save tjpse fpr of o, attled pr o, attlomg
    <15:37>[ThaCulprit]: wtf did you just say to me? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kemal Rondal View Post
    i support paingo-whatever.

After the army went through the portal, Frederick walked in as well and let it shut behind him.

"Ugh..." he said, "That was draining. I'm going to need some time to recover. In the meantime..."

He sent out a request by amulet, asking for any available dragon knights to join the assault on Drinlu. He also requested some highly skilled scouts to analyze the current defenses of the fortress city.

"We're going to need to split the army apart," he said, "There are several kilometers of twisted tunnels ahead, and it'd be faster to move in small groups and form up right outside the rear gate of the city. They won't expect an army to be able to attack from that location, so it SHOULD be lightly guarded. But with my luck..." he sighed. "Ok, move out."

He began to make his way forward, through the tunnels of the Underdark.
    Last edited by Holeypaladin; 11-03-2012 at 02:03 AM.
    I like swords.

Wherever we go, that's where the party's at

Salvator cursed his luck as he silently made her way through the forest. The 'informant' hadn't been anything of the sort; well, technically speaking, she had been, since she'd told Salvator things that would be very much useful for Bahamut's side, but the actual purpose of the fellow was to eliminate a certain key player in Bahamut's informative force. Salvator wasn't sure whether to be disappointed that this wasn't him, or just relieved he had got out alive.

To make matters worse, the person he was to meet to inform of his findings hadn't shown up at the meeting point; rather, Salvator had been ambushed by Tiamat's agents, who had apparently learned he'd escaped, and of their arrangements as well. He supposed that's what he got for killing the guy, but he'd really had no choice in that, and was still unsure on how they'd known the meeting point. Regardless, Salvator had been charged with finding the missing agent before he returned, and so it was he found himself trekking about in this forest. Watching vigilantly for any sign of the agent or his remains, he saw none until he tripped off a shallow overhang.

The minor fall did no real harm, given the cushion of snow, but as he got up Salvator heard a low groan. Turning around, he saw the vague outline of a person concealed under the overhang, and looking more closely saw that it was the agent who'd been sent to meet him. After a brief discussion about the agent's condition, Salvator quickly relayed the information he had gotten and recalled with him to the Platinum Palace. No sooner had Salvator found someone to take the agent to the medical wing than he heard a request sent out for dragon knights to join an assault on a Drow city - somehow, he doubted the real name was actually Drilnu, and having heard some vague mentions of a place called Erelhei-Cinhu that was reputedly Drow, presumed that this was it and someone - doubtless one of them humans - had taken some liberties with the name.

The fellow was also looking for some scouts, and it was this aspect in particular that intrigued Salvator. Not that he didn't like a good fight; au contraire, those could be quite fun at times - especially versus the Drow - but as a ninja, even with the slight alteration he'd made to the class when given the option to choose a custom one, his specialty lay in another area. He teleported silently to the original sender's location, finding rather oddly that the fellow had started to move through the tunnels alone. Instead of greeting him, which would serve only to draw unneeded eyes to themselves, he simply tapped the fellow on the shoulder.

This stunning signature brought to you by: ChukNorris. Thanks Chuk! ^_^

As he felt a tap on his shoulder, Frederick gripped the assaulter's wrist and twisted it into an armlock.

"Yes?" he asked the ninja, releasing his grip when he noted the silver dragon knight amulet. "Whatcha want? Dragon knight reinforcements, huh?"
    I like swords.

"What you expect, a flying frog?" Salvator asked sardonically, keeping his voice to a whisper. "If I were on the other side, you'd be a dead boy and we'd not be having this chat. You are to be commended on the double-check though. No such thing as too sure nowadays. But anyhow. I'm Salvator, and yeah, I got your memo, as it were. Scouts and dragon knights, was it? I can do both, though I must say with the nature of the place it might be more so the knight part than the dragon that's in play here. Guess we'll see on that though."

Jon Oakbard had answered the call for mercenaries that was needed to storm Drilnu, which he preferred over Erelhei-Cinhu as that latter one was hard to pronounce for a human. A human Pale Master that enjoyed digging up old artifacts and read old books. Not being a dragon knight, he couldn't use any amulet to teleport to the man in charge of the attack. Instead he was assigned to the Combat Mages, which gave him strange looks as it was not common for Pale Masters, or those dwelling with such magic, to join Bahamut's side.
    http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx292/morgana5/Forum%20Sigs/jannge.png
    Sig made by Morgana
    Never forget those who died in WW2
    Quote Originally Posted by Holeypaladin View Post
    That's just funny.

Jannge is awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-DwjX-0E_8

"I'm not easy to kill," said Frederick with a smirk. "Anyway, about that scouting. We've got several kilometers of Underdark ahead, meaning lots of beholders, mind flayers, and troglodytes just waiting to be annoying. They'll probably be discouraged by the presence of an army but... split up, we can take some pretty heavy losses without good scouts."

"Aside from that... well, I'd like to know the situation at Drinlu before we stage the assault. But yeah... hostile terrain is hostile."
    I like swords.

"So what, you're scouting ahead for the party or something? Shouldn't you really have organized scouts first? So as to not have us all on one path?" Salvator was confused by the man's leadership tactics; or rather, lack thereof. He'd thought this was the legendary Fred Karlson, arguably one of Bahamut's best-known leaders, but he was having his doubts about now. And then again, some reports did mark the man as eccentric.

"Eh?" Frederick asked. "I'm not leading the army. That's the job of the field commanders. Me, I keep it simple and just kill things. Organizational stuff is best left to people who are good at it, I figure. One dude can't do everything, after all... that's what delegation is for."

"Oh look at that," he glanced at something that was practically invisible. "A gelatinous cube. Weapons are pretty useless against them, so I'll just kill it with fire."

He blasted the cube with a bolt of fire, and it was incinerated in flames. "Nasty things, those. One of the other things to scout for. Also umber hulks, etc."
    I like swords.