Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Knight, the Last Battle

Shortly after Raevir touched the egg, it vanished, Lolth having summoned it to her dimension to prevent further intrusion.

Frederick, however, was unable to hear Aurelia's own words, as his perceptions were clouded with the chaotic reality of the Abyss. He howled in pain, barely recovering enough sanity to de-activate the true sight function of his helmet.

"Note to self..." he said, "The truth of the Abyss drives mortals insane, so don't use true sight."

Those were the last words he managed before he was scattered to another corner of the Demonweb Pits by the will of Lolth.

"Testing," he said over the amulet. The message was received by the three drow who had entered, but not by any other dragon knights. "I'm going to test my master amulet's summon function. Try to find each other, if you were scattered as well, as being alone in this realm is a bad idea (tm)." He somehow got the (tm) out over the amulet.

He thought about who he needed... Merlin, for sure. He used the master amulet, focusing on Merlin, and summoned... a girl with wings. And a demon.

"Flaming hand of Fiery Doom," incanted Frederick, blowing the demon apart before addressing the winged girl. "Er... Celestial?" He noted her gold amulet. "Aasimar maybe? Sorry bout that, amulet acting funky. Trying to summon my friend."

He tried again, and this time Merlin appeared by his side. "There, now it worked."

"Greetings," said Merlin as he appeared.

Frederick tried to summon various other dragon knights who had volunteered... including Garth, Erak, Natasha, and several others, but got a few mis-summons and more demons, as well.

"Stop with the confounded summoning," growled Merlin. "Unless you want every demon in the abyss to gather here." They were virtually surrounded, but at least together.

"Be ready," said the wizard, "She's scattering us."

Everyone was scattered into groups of three, and Frederick found himself with... Merlin. And the winged girl. "I take it we're only permitted to travel in groups of three or less," he said. "So Aurelia, Sabi, and Raevir are probably still together. I'm also sensing that Lilian, Kain, and Arngrim are all together too."

He noted several demons had also been scattered to his position "And... we have demons to kill."
    Last edited by Holeypaladin; 11-13-2012 at 07:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigilstone17 View Post
    Holeypaladin is a pretty cool guy.
    I like swords.

"Finally." Adrian growled, very angry at the rather chaotic way the last few hours had turned out.

"At least we made it in one piece, and at least your horses are back home, where they belong." Balthazzar placed emphasis on the last part of his sentence, hoping to make his point.

The only thing he did was earn yet another glare from the kid, who as usual started giving out orders to his army. "At least you've got that blasted amulet of yours. It saved us a horrific amount of travel time down to this dump."

Adrian surveyed the dark underground city. It lay in ruins, and there was obviously evidence of a full-scale attack on the city.

"Your Excellency, another force has appeared on the other side of the city. It's a force that belongs to Tiamat, about the size of ours." Severus pointed to another part of the city, where a large force was approaching.

"I was told that Menzo would be doing something like that. He's going to try and take back the city. I was also told that this is the entrance to a plane where an evil deity named Lolth resides." Balthazzar turned towards Adrian, who fixed him with a questioning look.

"Why don't we go after her with an army then?"

"Because she controls that plane, and she'll just scatter any army to the four winds. The best thing to do is bring a few of our best to battle her." Balthazzar got himself ready.

"Severus, tell Vrael that he's in charge of the army. Also tell Jason and Argos that they're in charge of their divisions as well, until I get back. You and Eddard are coming with me, as soon as you get back... And we're not going alone." Adrian fixed Balthazzar with a hard look.

Adrian was willing to go with his men to fight Lolth, but he was also going to drag the proposer of this mad expedition along with him, whether he wanted it or not.

"Alright, this way then. Communication got cut off, but I was informed that the entrance and its key is this way." Balthazzar made sure he had all his weapons with him, as did Adrian and Severus.

"Lead the way." Adrian took out his mace, and notified Eddard of the situation.

As soon as things were ready and the army was in formation, Balthazzar quickly led the three Furians, along with any Amazon volunteers, off to the Temple where the key was currently at.
    Formerly known as Jurnis

Wherever we go, that's where the party's at

Before long, the city had been taken, and once this was accomplished the forces there - including Salvator - started to work on securing defenses and such, as their attack would most likely be countered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the Amazons moved into the city, they were met by a group of people who said they were with the Myrmidons, which was apparently a faction of the group attacking the city. The group gave them basic instructions to help them coordinate with the main force before going back into combat. Once Erelhei had been taken, the Amazons were asked to help with the task of securing defenses and holding the city, as it was deemed to be likely a force would be counterattacking to try to retake it in Tiamat's name. Although they disliked walled cities and preferred offense to defense, the Amazons stayed to help out, as it provided a chance to learn more of the foes of the Drow - or of Tiamat primarily, since there were some Drow were fighting against her - who would have thought? And if they stayed then the others could find them, and to help Tiamat's enemies... well, given they quite hated Tiamat, that was something they'd do at most every turn that they could.

"It's about time," muttered Derinoe as they finally reached the city. After the battle was over, of course. Forces of men indeed. She rolled her eyes. Even now, rather than enter the city and ask the forces who'd taken it if they'd need any help with defending, they were just standing around, talking of other planes and Lolth and who knew what all else.

When they asked for volunteers to go and fight this Lolth, who was apparently a deity, one of the others who'd stayed with her spoke up. "I volunteer we part ways and us Amazons search for the rest of our people," she said. "If she's a goddess, and there's been use of that key to her realm, she may have taken it back by this point, and I quite doubt there's another way in there..."

"Well, there is still defense of this city to look at," Derinoe said. "Though if the rest of our people are here we should be working with them, it is true." She looked to the men in charge, about to ask if they would object, but they turned and walked away before she could speak, which told her plainly that they'd been ignored. Again. Not that this really surprised her. She looked around, trying to figure out who had been left in charge to ask if they could go, or had to stay, or what.

Kirsti and Malaika had almost reached their destination when Kirsti got a message from Fred asking if she wanted to kill a Drow goddess. "Well. Kinda busy at the moment... going to the edges of the earth in name of diplo and all that. I can ask Malaika though. She's Aasimar, so might be useful, being celestial-like. You and your crazy missions." Kirsti shook her head, and having been distracted was surprised to hear Malaika speaking. "Kirsti?"

"Yeah?" she asked, turning to the Aasimar. "What's with the wolves around here?" Malaika inquired. "What do you mean?" asked Kirsti, noting the girl had her hand on her sword. "Well, they seem to be following us," said Malaika. Kirsti surveyed their surroundings, then saw what she meant. "Oh. Those are Lythari," she answered. "Probably wondering what we're about here. Shouldn't attack us though. Since I'm an elf and all. You see, they're elven too, the Lythari, but they're unique 'cause they shift into wolves like that."

"I see," said Malaika. "Guess I shouldn't go killing them then?" She took her hand off her sword. "No, it's better you don't," Kirsti replied. "Sorry if I didn't answer at first. Got a direct message over my amulet... friend was just asking if I want to go kill a goddess, and stuff."

"Go kill a goddess?" Malaika asked, raising an eyebrow. Before Kirsti could answer, they got the second message over the amulet. "Ah, a Lolth-killing squad, huh," Malaika said, raising an eyebrow. "Interesting."

"Yeah. I think you'd be more use than me though," Kirsti replied. "Not that I want to be rid of you, but I'm just saying - "

"Yeah, no, I know," Malaika agreed. "Not too much nature-based stuff you can do there. Plus with being... well, I dunno, semi-celestial leastways, it helps. Not to be rubbing it in or whatever."

"Nah, I hear ya, that would be a definite plus there," Kirsti concurred. "Shame I can't go, would be nice to see the group again, but eh. You can go on, if you want. Tell Fred and the group I said hey and whatnot - not sure who all else is there or I'd be more specific but ya know. It'll probably take me a bit to reach your folk in any case, since I'm supposed to address the different groups around here individually, and that's not to mention the finding them - hardest one will likely be the Amazons, since I know the others somewhat, but once I'm done that - " While she was speaking, Malaika suddenly vanished, and confused by this, Kirsti abandoned her thought. "Well, that was odd," she said to no one in particular.

Midway through Kirsti's thought, Malaika was suddenly transported away from her, finding herself... well, she wasn't sure where, as it was extremely dark and she was very disoriented, like she'd just moved between planes or something. Almost as soon as she'd got there, some other magic user cast a spell, causing a brief burst of light that killed someone, or something, else. "Enlighten," Malaika quietly incanted, and her surroundings were gently illuminated with the subtle aura unique to celestial beings as the other person - who she now saw was a dragon knight dude - started to speak to her.

"Ahh si," Malaika said knowingly. "First time in another plane there, eh? Such things won't work well outside of their native ones. Not sure I'd bother, if I was you." She wasn't really surprised when he ignored her - after all, she was an angel, and this was an abyssal plane from the looks of it, what would she know. As he persisted, however, her words held true, for though he had some apparent successes there were more mishaps as well, and it seemed that every summons tried brought demons with it too. It didn't take long for the one in control of the plane to get fed up, and the party he'd conjured was dispersed in groups of three, Malaika being with the first dude she'd met and the first guy he'd summoned.

"Yes, thank you kindly, Captain Obvious," replied Malaika drily, starting to kill off the demons he'd mentioned. "Not that a wizard who's walked on the planes and an Aasimar know these things, but still."
    Last edited by LadyMariana; 11-15-2012 at 10:33 PM.

This stunning signature brought to you by: ChukNorris. Thanks Chuk! ^_^

"It's what I do," said Frederick with a nod. He tried to draw a blade from his reality marble... and failed. So it was true, he couldn't access it when in the Abyss.

Instead, he looked to a group of demons and incanted a Flare spell.

A massive explosion of kinetic energy blew the demons into tiny pieces, and Frederick said, "Huh... that spell is easier that I thought. Weird, though it was almost as mana-intensive as Ultima."

Merlin, meanwhile, incanted a chain lightning spell which more or less eradicated all of the demons that the Aasimar girl hadn't killed with her sword.

"That sword..." said Frederick. "Lobera? Very nice, you must be pretty powerful to have obtained such a weapon."

Now that the demons were dead, for now at least, he said, "So um... I'm Frederick. You're a dragon knight, right? Welcome to the anti-Lolth Death Squad. I'm afraid you're somewhat stuck with us until we can kill her and find a way out. Sorry about that."

Now that he got a better look at her, he realized she was pretty cute. Kirsti-level cute, even. Not that it mattered... he had no idea how to talk to cute girls, anyway. Hence why Kirsti hated him and kept going out on assignments that allowed her to distance herself from him.

Story of my life, he thought to himself.
    I like swords.

"Well, here we are in the Demonweb Pits, then... Barely five minutes in, and I hate this place! It's dark, it's cold, it reeks of rot, damp and secretions I don't even want to know about, and above all, it's full of these eight-legged freakazoids! Why did I agree to this?!" Aurelia slashed down a sword spider that had attempted to root her in place, but she had avoided the ball of web... or whatever it was, and then, the spider, with the ranged attack clearly not having worked, closed in for melee. Aurelia dodged another spider's web attack, but it caught Sabuit unawares, and she was almost entangled as she barely avoided the strands of web. In response, she let off a barrage of missiles towards the unlucky group of spiders that had now congregated to block their way. The spiders were weakened, but not killed - that was Raeviir's doing with a Fireball. For demons, these things were pretty weak.

"You know Aurelia, you can be a real whiner sometimes. You agreed to this of your own accord, stop whinging." Sabuit sighed.

Aurelia frowned at her sister, and stabbed a spider through the jaw with her rapier. "I didn't think there'd be this many critters, Sabi."

"It's the Demonweb Pits, the hell d'you think's in here? Rainbows and rolling green hills? Welcome to the Abyss, Aurelia! Twinned with Hell!" Raeviir had been to the Abyss before - maybe only once, but she'd still been in the Demonweb Pits during her allegiance to Lolth.

"So. Many. Spiders! Die, you little things!" Aurelia stabbed through one's head into another's thorax, killing them both.

As Erak, Garth, and Natasha all appeared the first thing that was blatantly obvious was the Erak couldnt see. "I can't see a darn thing!" he boomed as garth quickly used a light spell to allow him to see.

As the multiple spiders came crawling after them Garth's eyes turned red as he gave a smile looking down an area where multiple Spiders were coming from, He torched the area burning everything there.

Erak saw a group of Demons coming towards them as he threw his sheild it smashed into one of the demons' face as Erak lunged forward. by the time the demon regained his composure Erak had sliced into.

Natasha threw her spear as it went through a Demon that had jumped to hit Erak she yanked the spear causing the demon to come to her as well as the spear. she grabbed the demon's neck, "Those are my vikings fool" She saidas she pulled her spear out and threw the demon against a wall.
    may all who feel my blade know my pain
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=146907 read my story
    <15:37>[paingodsson]: well i usually save tjpse fpr of o, attled pr o, attlomg
    <15:37>[ThaCulprit]: wtf did you just say to me? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kemal Rondal View Post
    i support paingo-whatever.

Wherever we go, that's where the party's at

"I'll say," said one of the Lythari, who having shifted his shape now approached Kirsti. "Rather a pity, really. She wasn't bad-looking for someone with wings. Any idea where she ended up?"

"Well, my guess is she got summoned to go kill a goddess by someone who meant to get me, or somebody else perhaps," Kirsti replied. "I see," said the Lythari dude. "Something with your dragon wars, I take it?"

"Yep, that would be it," answered Kirsti. "Not that you lot care - "

"We do now," interrupted the Lythari guy. "Those of us who didn't care before, that is. Which is to say we all care now. So [insert name of leader or group of leaders here] wants to talk to you."

"I see," said Kirsti. "Well, guess I've timed this visit well then."

"Yup, that you have," concurred the Lythari dude. "Supposing you are here to see us, that is. I take it you'll stop by though?"

"Yeah. 'S what I'm here for." Kirsti shrugged. "Cool," replied the Lythari guy, and without further ado they made their way to where the Lythari were gathered.

"Heh. I s'pose you could say that," Malaika replied to the comment on her sword. "Yeah, I'm aware of that, thank you again Captain Obvious Fred. Or is it Fred Obvious. Meh well." She shrugged. "I'm Malaika. And yeah I'm a dragon knight. Doubt you'd have summoned me otherwise, or have been able to, more to the point. Speaking of dragon knights, Kirsti says yo and stuff. Like how you been and sorry she couldn't come help and that. From what I can gather, she'd like to hang out with your crew more, but it seems like every time she turns around old faces leave, and new ones come, and she hardly knows anyone. Well, except for you, 'cause you're the leader, but..." She looked at him oddly a moment, then shrugged. "Anyways, I should stop talking and we should get moving. Goddess to kill and all, right? No better name than just 'anti-Lolth death squad' though? Really?"

This stunning signature brought to you by: ChukNorris. Thanks Chuk! ^_^

"Oh..." said Frederick, "You know Kirsti? Glad to hear she's still alright. Maybe we'll see her around soon..."

He frowned. "I never asked to be leader, though. I'm not cut out for leadership. You're a paladin, right? You take over. From now on, Malaika is leader girl."

Merlin chuckled to himself. "The mantle of King cannot be passed on so easily," he commented.

"I'm not a king either," shrugged Frederick, "So meh, I just did. Still... anti-Lolth death squad is an adequate description of what we're here for, right? But if you want a new name, you come up with one, leader girl. I'm gonna find Lolth and kill her, though. So let's do what we came for and head home, word."

He frowned. "Wish I had a good sword... hmm maybe I can put one together."

He reached into his pounch and pulled out a hilt. Without a blade. "Er... no blades on me. How to make a sword without a blade?"

He focused on it. "Maybe I'll make a light saber since I use the Force, Luke. Let's see... need some mana first."

He pulled out an emerald-like gem and ate it, passing one to Merlin as well. Feeling the rush of mana come from eating the mana gem, he was charged and ready.

He focused on the hilt and incanted, "Ultimate Magic, Coalesced and crystallized into a blade. Ultima!"

He cast the Ultima spell, but rather than using its explosive force for destruction, he focused on crystallizing its shape into the form of a blade, affixed onto the hilt of the sword.

When he had finished, the spell had shifted into a glowing crystalline blade that shifted colors between a blueish green and an indigo color. He held it for a moment and said, "Er... it could use some refinement, but it'll do for now. I think I'll call it the Ultima Weapon. But, it seems to be powered by the mana of its wielder, so if you run out, it's weaker."

He noted several driders, spiders, aranea, and other demons had been drawn to his location by the magic he used to create the sword. He popped another gem into his mouth and charged forward, slicing clean through a drider with his new sword, the magic-elemental blade severing it in half effortlessly. "Better than I expected," he noted, rushing through spiders and slicing them apart with swift strokes.
    I like swords.

A Demon and multiple spiders started to get closer to Garth and erak to attack them, as Garth saw this his eyes turned blue as he muttered something in Nordic clapping his hands together he breathed in and then blew out as a ice cold wind came from his lungs freezing the enemies that would come their way, but Garth could feel his mana becoming depleted with every attack, the spells he had been using before used up to much mana to get Erak that size and keep himself and Erak protected.

A demon jumped out after Garth, who shot a fireball at him but his depleted mana made it less effective as the demon fell down but got back up and charged him, Garth took out his dagger ready to fight hand to hand, he was a mage but he was still a viking, as the demon attacked him but he was able to jump to the side. Dodging the attacks as he moved to the side on a stab grabbed the Demon's arm and threw him into a wall.

"Don't underestimate me!" Garth said as the demon got back up, "I may be a caster but i am still a viking! i am still far stronger then most!" the demon charged as garth ducked another attack. he sprang forward shoving his dagger into the demon's stomach once pulling it out and shoving it again. Garth pulled the dagger out flipping it in his hand and spinning stabbing the demon in the back now and tearing it across the demon's back. the demon fell forward dead.

Erak was handling nicely as he was seeming to not just swing madly anymore, but he seemed to be defending as well attacks waiting for openings.

Natasha looked at Erak, "A scary thing." She said to herself, "A berserker who thinks before he attacks." she said quietly to herself again as she twirled her staff into the air then smashing the back end of it into a demon's stomach and then slamming it against the demons head as it hunched over. The Demon flew up into the air, it was simple for her now, she leaped forward running the spear right through the demon.
    may all who feel my blade know my pain
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=146907 read my story
    <15:37>[paingodsson]: well i usually save tjpse fpr of o, attled pr o, attlomg
    <15:37>[ThaCulprit]: wtf did you just say to me? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kemal Rondal View Post
    i support paingo-whatever.

"Damn demons... I know we're in the Abyss, but there doesn't have to be this many. I bet Lolth's just sending legion after legion to slow us down and/or kill us." Kyrranwyn cast Meteor Swarm and sent a raging torrent of molten rock and fire upon the heads of some unsuspecting spiders and driders ahead. Kyrranwyn continued on, with Vierinissa close behind, divine spells at the ready. Even in the Abyss, Vierinissa's faith held strong, and so did her divine spellcasting. Kyrranwyn's magic was arcane in nature, though, which meant that most of it worked. Which was a good thing too, given that there were two Balor lords ahead of them, undoubtedly enslaved to the Spider Queen's will. However, there was also another being there... One whose presence was awe-inspiring to say the least, and whose aura of evil permeated the air.

"Selvetarm..." Vierinissa hissed. "Lolth's consort and defender. Hey, Kyrranwyn - how'd you fancy taking down Lolth's defender?"

"I say, that's a very good idea... Perhaps, of we get the jump on the bugger, we can weaken him sufficiently so that you don't get reduced to mincemeat in melee. That satisfactory?"

Vierinissa grinned. "Let's do this..."