Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Banned versus Suspended?

Default Banned versus Suspended?

OK, we all see people around who are "suspended" or "banned". Suspended is pretty self-explanatory. They will be back (or will have the ability to be back) again at some point in the future. But, is banned the same way or is someone who has been "banned" gone forever and ever?

And without identifying any specific person, what types of activities/posts would cause a person to be banned rather than suspended---assuming there is in fact a difference between the two.

This is just something I have been curious about and have never seen discussed.
    Let the Good Times Roll!!!!

i'd love to know the difference as well lol ... came across a few recently that i was curious about ... hope the mods or informed posters can weigh in
    Stal/Nerds
    Age1 - s152 - Rebellion/TAKEDOWN (retired)
    Age2 - CA4 - CandySto/187, 21, ReU/666/666_324 (Found Partner) (dormant)
    CoE - ClosedBeta1 - TAKEDOWN (left/got bored)
    Discipline Honor Determination

i actually just asked this same question in AC earlier today.. also how many infractions warrant suspension and how many suspensions warrant banning?
    Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    PS: Mech wasn't trolling.

As far as I am aware, what constitutes banning vs. suspension is pretty much at the discretion of Dawnseeker and/or Thalin. Generally speaking though, it's repetition of suspensions and the offences which led to them that lead to one being banned.

5. Default

I always treat it as:

Suspended: Account on hold pending investigation;

Banned: A ban from the service for either a small period of time or permanent ban from actions committed. Banned usually means "Convicted".
    Quote Originally Posted by A Mod
    That counts as intentionally advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Leap
    What is an "infraction"?
    An infraction is a disciplinary action taken against you if you ever break a rule or misbehave [badly] in the forums.
    A warning is issued first to you if you're not a habitual rule-breaker or if it's not a very serious offense. A repeated offense may earn you an infraction. Each infraction has an equivalent point, depending on the degree of your offense. A four-point infraction suspends you for a day, and a 100-point infraction bans a user from the forums. Infraction points (excluding 100-point ones) expire after a period of time.
    So if I'm reading that right, by continuously misbehaving you'll accumulate infraction points and once you've gotten to a 100, you forum account is in peril and looking like it'll be banned. Every time you get 4 points, you'll be suspended.

As for the amount of infraction points a user gets for various 'naughtiness' I suppose is down to the individual mod and how much a repeat offender the guilty is. I could be wrong but that's how I'll interpret it.

Thanks to Infinitus for the epic B'day pressie!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan le Fay View Post
    So if I'm reading that right, by continuously misbehaving you'll accumulate infraction points and once you've gotten to a 100, you forum account is in peril and looking like it'll be banned. Every time you get 4 points, you'll be suspended.

As for the amount of infraction points a user gets for various 'naughtiness' I suppose is down to the individual mod and how much a repeat offender the guilty is. I could be wrong but that's how I'll interpret it.
    Yeah it would be great if they followed that..........seems there is a certain mod on a powertrip (you know who you are) that just suspends without infracting or giving any corespondance with a reason.

I say the comforting change is a step in the right direction, I argue facts and real ongoing situations of the matter...
    You dream up ideas that don't exist and STILL blame botters and STILL feel it's fair to have something forever in a war game...

You get a Notification though

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan le Fay View Post

Well, seeing as I have a lot more experience in this area, I will disagree. You will be perma'd 99.9% of the time before you reach 100 infraction points. I'm not sure on the 4 points= suspension, seeing as I would usually get 8-12 points at a time... And the amount of infraction points is really based off what category of offense you did.

Quote Originally Posted by xTONYx View Post
    Yeah it would be great if they followed that..........seems there is a certain mod on a powertrip (you know who you are) that just suspends without infracting or giving any corespondance with a reason.
    Yes, yes there is lol

From what I understand, when you are suspended, it's because mods forget to changed a category-so it says your banned. A good way to distinguish between them, is if you have a suspension- it'll tell you when you can come back, bans... You really don't recover from those lol...

Building a religion... a limited edition...

Quote Originally Posted by xTONYx View Post
    Yea it would also be great if your friends actually stopped spamming and trolling when asked the first 100 times as well.

It's a two way street.

All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.