Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Banned versus Suspended?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil2k8 View Post
    I always treat it as:

Suspended: Account on hold pending investigation;

Banned: A ban from the service for either a small period of time or permanent ban from actions committed. Banned usually means "Convicted".
    Suspended means your ability to post has been suspended. Which jives with the definition: "Temporarily prevent from continuing"

A ban means you're gone. Do not pass go, do not collect $1,000,000,000.

Flaming CHICKEN!
    Courtesy: Sturm

Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post

Always knew they get taken to some hidden Evo jail!
    ... can we get visitor's passes?

ppl have been unbanned, fear not theres hope albeit a small hope. theres something to be said for catching dawnseeker in a good mood

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    My second 10 day suspension was landed on me on the grounds of a meme making fun out of the original evony advertisement campaign. It was posted on a friends thread as a joke but was interpreted as an attempt to flame and troll. While fair enough perhaps it could be interpreted that way by a passing mod, the post never actually went through. It got caught in the filter and i choose not to bypass the filter, something which im well able to do. Inspite of this i was still hit with the suspension and another 3 point infraction.
    I wanted to comment on this, as I gave you that second one. Regardless of whether or not it hit a filter, you are responsible for the content of the message, you knew it was in bad taste, and you knew the effect it would have on the thread's direction.

So, I hope in the future, you avoid doing something that would be quite obviously inciteful. While we are extremely lenient here, we sometimes need to remind people that there is a certain level of decorum that must be maintained.

I would also add, that in other forums I'm on, I've learned that's it's usually not a good idea to complain to a moderator about an infraction. You generally get a vacation for it.

Flaming CHICKEN!
    Courtesy: Sturm

Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    ppl have been unbanned, fear not theres hope albeit a small hope. theres something to be said for catching dawnseeker in a good mood
    It's more than a good mood - unbanning people or allowing them to create a "new identity" is rare, but is usually dependent on the amount of time they have been gone, whether they contribute (or could potentially contribute) to the community in a positive way, how willing they are to move forward and no continue down the path of rule breaking, etc...

Even then their accounts are watched carefully until they prove that they can be productive enough that moderators aren't constantly babysitting them on the forum to make sure they aren't breaking every single rule laid out - which does happen with many people.

Compliments of the wonderful Warsimi!

I wanted to comment on this, as I gave you that second one. Regardless of whether or not it hit a filter, you are responsible for the content of the message, you knew it was in bad taste, and you knew the effect it would have on the thread's direction.

So, I hope in the future, you avoid doing something that would be quite obviously inciteful. While we are extremely lenient here, we sometimes need to remind people that there is a certain level of decorum that must be maintained.

I would also add, that in other forums I'm on, I've learned that's it's usually not a good idea to complain to a moderator about an infraction. You generally get a vacation for it.
    i can honestly say ive never posted on a thread with the thought in mind that itll incite havoc, usually its more for a laugh. but fair enough, i suppose evony want to blot that aspect of their advertisement from memory lol. but i still stand by the rest of my post.

as for questioning mod actions, i thought it was definitely acceptable via pm, whatever about publicly?

Quote Originally Posted by AbstractAngel View Post
    It's more than a good mood - unbanning people or allowing them to create a "new identity" is rare, but is usually dependent on the amount of time they have been gone, whether they contribute (or could potentially contribute) to the community in a positive way, how willing they are to move forward and no continue down the path of rule breaking, etc...

Even then their accounts are watched carefully until they prove that they can be productive enough that moderators aren't constantly babysitting them on the forum to make sure they aren't breaking every single rule laid out - which does happen with many people.
    yes while all that is very important, more so is dawns mood

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Leap View Post

Always knew they get taken to some hidden Evo jail!
    ... can we get visitor's passes?
    Do not collect $1,000,000,000.
    Ah, inflation

Suspended means your ability to post has been suspended. Which jives with the definition: "Temporarily prevent from continuing"

can u please explain the part of this game/forums where i can collect $1,000,000,000? I really would like to know lol

make sure they aren't breaking every single rule laid out - which does happen with many people.
    Who would do such a thing??

So if i complain to a mod about a infraction i get a free vacation? Acer/SSFG get over here. Ok where do i pick up my flight tickets??? oh and ill take my 1 bil to spend
    Last edited by Buzz Light Year; 11-26-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Fan of BOTS!!! ( Auto-Bots Of Course )

Do all mods do this or just ones who care? lol I see only a select few who get attention from the moderators and thats because they have been here so long and obviously have known each other for a while. Coming into this thread without knowing anyone from the game and getting your name out there is hard and rare. For anyone who actually cares enough to do it, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin1995 View Post
    Do all mods do this or just ones who care? lol I see only a select few who get attention from the moderators and thats because they have been here so long and obviously have known each other for a while. Coming into this thread without knowing anyone from the game and getting your name out there is hard and rare. For anyone who actually cares enough to do it, good luck.
    its not lol if you log and post often enough you begin to recognise posters and them you. gradually some sort of relationship builds. for instance i never post in the rp section

and there are posters there with over 5k posts who until recently id never seen