Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 127

Thread: Banned versus Suspended?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waiting for cushseth to rep me.
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I'm too cool for suspensions.
    you post in sections where the mods are decent and like you. come to ot, ive never seen ya there


    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    you post in sections where the mods are decent and like you. come to ot, ive never seen ya there
    I don't post there because I have no interest in spam threads or w/e else goes on over there.

    I only ever post in the video game section or music thread, but very very rarely.
    SS37

    Less QQ more PewPew

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hicktown
    Posts
    732

    Default

    I've seen people directly insult the mods and not even have a retaliation (me being one of them), but when one uses foul language or in anyway talks "down" about Evony the mods seem alittle more strict. Maybe the mods have more of a defence for evony than themselves or do not take things personal (like alot of the forum users do).

    Note-Not in any way am i "talking down" to or about the mods i am just stating what i have noticed. That being said what is the difference in Historic Poster and Forum Moderator?

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin1995 View Post
    I've seen people directly insult the mods and not even have a retaliation (me being one of them), but when one uses foul language or in anyway talks "down" about Evony the mods seem alittle more strict. Maybe the mods have more of a defence for evony than themselves or do not take things personal (like alot of the forum users do).

    Note-Not in any way am i "talking down" to or about the mods i am just stating what i have noticed. That being said what is the difference in Historic Poster and Forum Moderator?
    You would be correct, but there are two types of mods.

    Some mods take nothing personally and only punish you for what you deserve, while others take EVERYTHING straight to the heart, and get a power b*%er and start deleting posts/threads.

    There doesn't seem to be an in-between.

    HPs are a funny thing. They've been deemed more responsible than the average poster, but that title often proves the exact opposite about them.

    Very few of the historic posters I know are actually helpful.
    SS37

    Less QQ more PewPew

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The last Historic Poster hideout
    Posts
    6,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin1995 View Post
    I've seen people directly insult the mods and not even have a retaliation (me being one of them), but when one uses foul language or in anyway talks "down" about Evony the mods seem alittle more strict. Maybe the mods have more of a defence for evony than themselves or do not take things personal (like alot of the forum users do).

    Note-Not in any way am i "talking down" to or about the mods i am just stating what i have noticed. That being said what is the difference in Historic Poster and Forum Moderator?
    Well , mods generally are used to the insults ahaha. I think most realize that it's just the internet, and they're dealing with people whose opinions mean nothing to them. Ace being the poster child of this.

    A better question is, what is the difference between a Historic poster and a prinzessin ? I get powers like red rep still and..a fancy green title ? No other real powers come to mind. Oh, I also used to be able to see a super secret forum about reporting mods. It was accidental permission slip so I got to see people complaining about mods way back when it was in use.

    Or was that for Bug testing that allowed that ? Maybe it was. Anyway that was cool.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waiting for cushseth to rep me.
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't post there because I have no interest in spam threads or w/e else goes on over there.

    I only ever post in the video game section or music thread, but very very rarely.
    i was like that when i initially started posting, dunno what started me posting in there tbh

    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    You would be correct, but there are two types of mods.

    Some mods take nothing personally and only punish you for what you deserve, while others take EVERYTHING straight to the heart, and get a power b*%er and start deleting posts/threads.
    correct, and the 2nd type just need to learn to chillout

    Quote Originally Posted by Reasoner View Post
    A better question is, what is the difference between a Historic poster and a prinzessin ? I get powers like red rep still and..a fancy green title ? No other real powers come to mind. Oh, I also used to be able to see a super secret forum about reporting mods. It was accidental permission slip so I got to see people complaining about mods way back when it was in use.
    most of the historic posters are inactive so not much room for them to be helpful.


    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hicktown
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    You would be correct, but there are two types of mods.

    Some mods take nothing personally and only punish you for what you deserve, while others take EVERYTHING straight to the heart, and get a power b*%er and start deleting posts/threads.

    There doesn't seem to be an in-between.
    That sounds about right. I guess we can't get to excited after all..it is just a forum. I have noticed there are some mods who delete threads alot though..i've had some deleted for reasons i still cannot explain/understand. I've also seen some that i myself believe should be deleted yet they do not. I guess, like everything else, evony forums has its ups and its downs.

    To get back on topic though, Banned and suspended are usually two different things. I'm sure when it all comes down to it what really happens to an account depends on the mod who has the final decisions and the mood that mod might be in.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waiting for cushseth to rep me.
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin1995 View Post
    That sounds about right. I guess we can't get to excited after all..it is just a forum. I have noticed there are some mods who delete threads alot though..i've had some deleted for reasons i still cannot explain/understand. I've also seen some that i myself believe should be deleted yet they do not. I guess, like everything else, evony forums has its ups and its downs.

    To get back on topic though, Banned and suspended are usually two different things. I'm sure when it all comes down to it what really happens to an account depends on the mod who has the final decisions and the mood that mod might be in.
    the mod will usually explain their reasoning if you care enough to ask, they may even recant on a decision which ive had happen. it depends

    but yes you are correct, the level of punishment if any is mod mood/feelings dependent.

    and oh yes on topic lol. on what constitues a permaban over a suspension.

    as you probably so with mira she was labelled as banned even though she was only actually suspendded, a simple system error. as for actually being banned. there seems to be a varying standard for what constitutes a ban

    ive heard of some ppl getting banned for apparently silly reasons, others for more serious crimes.

    ive 3 pages of infractions and 5/6 suspensions under my belt, to look at that track record youd think i was a real nasty poster. especially with infractions on the grounds of "flaming, trolling, abusing other members, instigation, spamming, baiting(?), disrespect of authority.

    really what happened was i posted a few memes and called a guy an asshat. the disrespect of authority was deserved though and i have engaged in spamming in my early forum days to reach titles so i cant complain about those. but largely its a mod thing.

    i dont know where the line is, an ex member who told me shed 7 pages of infractions but that 10 day suspensions are a sign that the end is near for you as she recieved one just before the final slap of the banhammer. so apparently i am on thin ice.
    Last edited by tipperary1; 11-22-2012 at 08:37 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hicktown
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    the mod will usually explain their reasoning if you care enough to ask, they may even recant on a decision which ive had happen. it depends

    but yes you are correct, the level of punishment if any is mod mood/feelings dependent.

    and oh yes on topic lol. on what constitues a permaban over a suspension.

    as you probably so with mira she was labelled as banned even though she was only actually suspendded, a simple system error. as for actually being banned. there seems to be a varying standard for what constitutes a ban

    ive heard of some ppl getting banned for apparently silly reasons, others for more serious crimes.

    ive 3 pages of infractions and 5/6 suspensions under my belt, to look at that track record youd think i was a real nasty poster. especially with infractions on the grounds of "flaming, trolling, abusing other members, instigation, spamming, baiting(?), disrespect of authority.

    really what happened was i posted a few memes and called a guy an asshat. the disrespect of authority was deserved though and i have engaged in spamming in my early forum days to reach titles so i cant complain about those. but largely its a mod thing.

    i dont know where the line is, an ex member who told me shed 7 pages of infractions but that 10 day suspensions are a sign that the end is near for you as she recieved one just before the final slap of the banhammer. so apparently i am on thin ice.
    Yea thin ice sounds about right lol. I hear about these infractions and i still cannot see anywhere where i have gotten one which is what i cannot understand. I've gotten bad rep (back when that was possible) for spamming a thread..like you said i was trying to get a better title hehe..but as far as i understand red rep is not the same as an infraction. So i guess maybe i am a lucky guy or i haven't passed the line yet.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waiting for cushseth to rep me.
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin1995 View Post
    Yea thin ice sounds about right lol. I hear about these infractions and i still cannot see anywhere where i have gotten one which is what i cannot understand. I've gotten bad rep (back when that was possible) for spamming a thread..like you said i was trying to get a better title hehe..but as far as i understand red rep is not the same as an infraction. So i guess maybe i am a lucky guy or i haven't passed the line yet.
    ive received 2 red reps, one from a mod cause i asked for it(literally), took my red rep virginity, 2nd by a hp ive never seen post apparently for the lolz


    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •