Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 127

Thread: Banned versus Suspended?

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waiting for cushseth to rep me.
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eric0095 View Post

    I was originally going to respond to this in full. But eh, you're obviously going to interpret it in whatever way best serves you. So, i'll be frank and to the point. Your 'vacation(s)' were months in the making, not weeks, and well deserved.

    <3

    When making mod-actions, we don't generally care about anything other than the forum rules. If you break them, you can have your post edited/deleted or an infraction/warning issued. If you have a history of breaking rules, mods become stricter because they know the individual(s) have already been told not to do exactly what they're doing. It's really as simple as that.

    Again, does this constitute as talking in the third person? Trips me out reading it...

    Spambot = Insta-ban
    User = Discussion then Ban/NoBan

    It's a "shifty eyes" face.
    i guess weve different interpretations of what makes a good mod then, i suggest you take a leaf out of the likes of acer, alusair or ss' book rather than say sbd.

    i just donít understand the point of such stupidly harsh modding. All it does is annoy me and makes me want to put distance between myself and this forum. SickbyDefintion drove many members from this forum in a similar fashion. She cracked down hard on any members she felt were spamming or that didnít line up with her vision of how the forum should be run. Many confronted her on it, she stated these were the rules and they should either like it or lump it. IT never appeared to occur to her that with so many ppl confronting her on her moderating, perhaps there might be some merit to their arguments. If theyd an issue with her they should take it up with dawnseeker. But thats the thing, she was working within the rules albeit harshly so any complaints would be unlikely to interest dawn. So instead she was left to speed up the demise of a declining forum and game. For example a thread like this wouldíve been shut down by her almost immediately.

    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...ght=dinnerware

    while yes this was essentially a spamthread, ppl posted and had a laugh and a bit of banter there for a good 20 or so pages. Under sicks reign no threads of this sort were given a chance to develope. So what is the motivation behind mods like this to act this way? Is it a power-trip they are on? Have they some unique vision of how the forums should be run that the rest of us just donít get?

    youre exactly the same, except perhaps worse, it was like those 2 jesus memes i posted, there were funny and a light hearted jokes towards lucas and you deleted them on grounds of religious content?

    or my posts in the gillivray thread on forum trolling, i made a joke there too, it was on topic, relevant, ppl quoted lauged at it and repped it, and you deleted that too. and these are just ones i can remember.

    you say my recent punishments were long coming, well the fact remains i received no official warning of any sort.

    and will suspensions make me change my posting style? no. ok i wont be mocking evonys advertisement campaigns again, or calling ppl asshats which got me suspended too but i will continue fooling around. so if you want to slap a banhammer on me, go ahead.

    im quite happy to leave you hold your silly harsh grip over dieing threads, its not an issue with me. your job will only get easier and easier, and more boring

    and finally since you keep mentioning mira, yes i did use that account to post while suspended, although im only responsible for around 200 of the posts, the real mira is her own person but a sporadic poster. something which ye damn well know since neither i nor her got banned. anyway i wont be logging that account again so if ye see her around again, its her not me.


    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    floating around on a boat
    Posts
    1,411

    Default

    i've only ever had 2 infractions . 1 for insulting another member....Japanpimp, i actually only insulted his stupid idea that was from Dawnseeker and it was a red rep carrying 1 point. the other was for instigation from TCWNME, i believe that was also in a Japanpimp thread but can't remember what and it was a yellow rep that carried 0 point. but i believe it was equally as unjustified as the other one. i had gotten numerous +rep from members about both posts lol.

    YNWA

    RETIRED
    XxGamblexX aka RedEyeJedi
    S137 ~ SS54 ~ NA13 ~ NA21 ~ CA1

  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eric0095 View Post
    You're*
    I don't like your snark or your orange font, but I do enjoy your grammatical awareness.

    I think a lot of the vitriol the mods receive would actually be better directed towards the devs. A lot of players find the forums when they become frustrated with the game and bring a negative attitude with them from the outset. The mods get the brunt of it because they're actually active. That's not to say that some of the mods both now and in the past haven't gone on power-trips from time to time.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waiting for cushseth to rep me.
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abdiel View Post
    I don't like your snark or your orange font, but I do enjoy your grammatical awareness.

    I think a lot of the vitriol the mods receive would actually be better directed towards the devs. A lot of players find the forums when they become frustrated with the game and bring a negative attitude with them from the outset. The mods get the brunt of it because they're actually active. That's not to say that some of the mods both now and in the past haven't gone on power-trips from time to time.
    my negativity always finds the correct outlet


    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Creating Perfect Chaos
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    i guess weve different interpretations of what makes a good mod then
    Of course we do lol, but it's entirely understandable for you to dislike someone for spoiling your inappropriate fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    i suggest you take a leaf out of the likes of acer, alusair or ss' book rather than say sbd.
    You mean like deleting and editing posts 90% of the time and then warning/infracting the other 10%? I do, so no worries there.
    Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    youre exactly the same, except perhaps worse,
    I never had a problem with SbD's modding so I really can't gauge where that puts me
    Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    it was like those 2 jesus memes i posted, there were funny and a light hearted jokes towards lucas and you deleted them on grounds of religious content?

    or my posts in the gillivray thread on forum trolling, i made a joke there too, it was on topic, relevant, ppl quoted lauged at it and repped it, and you deleted that too. and these are just ones i can remember.
    Tipp, I have no doubt that you thought all those posts were perfectly forum friendly. The simple fact of the matter is that they weren't. If you want to further discuss any of your infractions, you can always PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    you say my recent punishments were long coming, well the fact remains i received no official warning of any sort..
    Look at your infraction history and behold your official warnings.


    "Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    "
    - Albert Einstein

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waiting for cushseth to rep me.
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eric0095 View Post

    Of course we do lol, but it's entirely understandable for you to dislike someone for spoiling your inappropriate fun.

    You mean like deleting and editing posts 90% of the time and then warning/infracting the other 10%? I do, so no worries there.

    I never had a problem with SbD's modding so I really can't gauge where that puts me

    Tipp, I have no doubt that you thought all those posts were perfectly forum friendly. The simple fact of the matter is that they weren't. If you want to further discuss any of your infractions, you can always PM me.

    Look at your infraction history and behold your official warnings.
    spoiling your inappropriate fun.
    your posting combined with your actions all reeks of a power trip. i find it surprising that a normal poster on becoming a mod can adopt such a high and mighty attitute. seriously who do you think you are?

    mods such as you and sbd should not be overlooking the ot, inflicting your blinkered vision on whats spam over whats not.

    You mean like deleting and editing posts 90% of the time and then warning/infracting the other 10%? I do, so no worries there.
    no.

    I never had a problem with SbD's modding so I really can't gauge where that puts me
    that doesnt surprise me, however a lot of ppl did, she confronted several times on her modding by ppl such as rodri, king alboin, wildor and lucas etc. thats to name a few. dawnseeker posted saying he was tired of negativity towards the modding team from a single group. he was wrong. it was negativity towards 1 mod, and by groups as well as separate individuals with their own opinions.

    shockingly ive come across pre-mod sbd. she was actually quite the spammer herself. her posts comprising of the sort of "spam" she wouldve cracked down on hard during her modding reign

    Tipp, I have no doubt that you thought all those posts were perfectly forum friendly. The simple fact of the matter is that they weren't. If you want to further discuss any of your infractions, you can always PM me.
    i think youll find those 2 posts i mentioned were forum friendly. and there the only ones i can remember.

    Look at your infraction history and behold your official warnings.
    my infraction history is in the past. ive received infractions and suspensions regarding past actions so ive already been punished for them.what gives you the right to decide i should be punished for them again? and as i said whats the point. if you dont like my posting style. go slap me with the banhammer.

    you wont have to suffer me plagueing these forums with my inappropriate fun anymore.


    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

  7. #47

    Default

    Whether a mod is too harsh is certainly a matter of interpretation. I always thought that sbd let far too much spam be posted. I don't like my time being wasted by spammers who create spam threads and label them in a manner to attract views, but of course, I am not a spammer and have mostly left this forum because of the spamming.

    Eric, my original post was answered long ago, so feel free to close this thread at any time. It has morphed into a "complain about mods suspending spammers" thread, which was not the topic. I never intended to create a thread for people to complain about not being able to spam as much as they wanted.
    Let the Good Times Roll!!!!

  8. #48
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cracking my whip
    Posts
    3,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    i've only ever had 2 infractions . 1 for insulting another member....Japanpimp, i actually only insulted his stupid idea that was from Dawnseeker and it was a red rep carrying 1 point. the other was for instigation from TCWNME, i believe that was also in a Japanpimp thread but can't remember what and it was a yellow rep that carried 0 point. but i believe it was equally as unjustified as the other one. i had gotten numerous +rep from members about both posts lol.
    Never a good idea to confuse rep with how you conduct yourself on the forums. Yeah, JP was a pain in the and not well liked, but I never did like the way everyone ganged up and cyber bullied him.


    Quote Originally Posted by tipperary1 View Post
    your posting combined with your actions all reeks of a power trip. i find it surprising that a normal poster on becoming a mod can adopt such a high and mighty attitute. seriously who do you think you are?
    Butthurt much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gillivray View Post
    Eric, my original post was answered long ago, so feel free to close this thread at any time. It has morphed into a "complain about mods suspending spammers" thread, which was not the topic. I never intended to create a thread for people to complain about not being able to spam as much as they wanted.
    I tend to agree with you, this has gotten out of hand. People don't like getting infracted, however I have yet to come across anyone who's received one and not actually deserved it.

    If you really felt it was unjust then there are channels that can be taken to bring the dispute to an amicable conclusion and that does include whether you think mods on a 'power trip'.

    I'll PM AA or Alu and ask them to close this thread as eric can't actually do so.

    Thanks to Infinitus for the epic B'day pressie!

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waiting for cushseth to rep me.
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gillivray View Post
    Whether a mod is too harsh is certainly a matter of interpretation. I always thought that sbd let far too much spam be posted. I don't like my time being wasted by spammers who create spam threads and label them in a manner to attract views, but of course, I am not a spammer and have mostly left this forum because of the spamming.
    yes well gillivray that leaves you in a minority with eric and we all know how much you hate spam having seen that wonderful thread threatening legal action against those dastardly pony meme posters.

    and lets not lie, youve no more left this forum than i have. the only reason youve stopped posting as much as you have is because of my presense and that of some other posters that youve fallen out with

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan le Fay View Post
    Butthurt much?



    I tend to agree with you, this has gotten out of hand. People don't like getting infracted, however I have yet to come across anyone who's received one and not actually deserved it.

    If you really felt it was unjust then there are channels that can be taken to bring the dispute to an amicable conclusion and that does include whether you think mods on a 'power trip'.

    I'll PM AA or Alu and ask them to close this thread as eric can't actually do so.
    butthurt no. annoyed that mod powers are given to children, yes.

    morgan i never said i didnt deserve some of my infractions, the stupid harshness of some of them is whats not deserved. and there are many ppl with questionable infractions to their name not just me.

    and secondly if youd read my posts youd understand thats the thing. technically the mod is working within the rules so theres no real grounds against them on that level. but in such a quiet small community its stupid modding for said reasons. and nobody can dispute that.

    and these channels you refer to, i think its been made pretty clear that unless something serious is going on, the admins dont give a damn about this place and minor disputes. so dont attempt to placate with that nonsense. you know damn well how good dawn is at replying to pms

    actually im surprised you havent been made mod yet. you would appear an obvious choice and i actually think youd be a good one in spite of the occasional questionable post lol

    edit: lucas101 is suspended for a month too
    Last edited by tipperary1; 11-24-2012 at 02:05 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I don't care if your bad. But don't teach other people your badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTard View Post
    This little pony just remortgaged for more war ports.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Creating Perfect Chaos
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    I think Morgana and Gillivray have summed this up pretty nicely.

    PM me if you want to continue the discussion, tipp.


    "Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    "
    - Albert Einstein

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •