Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilgad's Combat Mechanics Guide!

Default Gilgad's Combat Mechanics Guide!

EDITS TO DOCUMENT:

(These are some suggestions or corrections some people told me, so I put them in place)

Hero intel on rams - Blah99200 (Dont remember date)

Gramattic error 1st page - Stal - made easier for foreigners to understand. (Dont remember date)

Deleted Skype Conversation, made into Nutshell - Nammy/xChance - 19/11/12

Added Colour to guide - Nammy - 19/11/12

Corrected Typo - SashD - 24/11/12

Hi guys, I have been making this guide for about 2 years now.

What I mean by 2 years is, i've been figuring out the game myself for 2 years, while making this guide as I go along, taking screen shots, giving diagrams, etc etc.

I have not read any other combat mechanics guide before as I only found this forum 3 days ago.

I would have posted my guide here, however, the rules deny me the access to post more then 5 screen shots.

ALSO, This forum does not allow the use of consecutive space bars, (you can only press space once per word).

So I put it on a google doc, it's so big that i had to split it up into two separate ones, I have both the links on the google docs, and I will post both the links here.

If you have any feedback for the guide, PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASEEEE post it here, I love feedback whether it's positive or negative.

I hope you enjoy!

xogilly

Thanks! AND ENJOY!!

If you don't have a forum account and wish to send me feedback, email pwnd140@gmail.com I check it daily and will respond

1st Part:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...3gA/edit?pli=1

2nd part:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...qjUra_4dg/edit
    Last edited by The Real Gilgad; 11-23-2012 at 11:38 PM.
    In game name: Gilgad

Awesome guide, I enjoyed reading through it. I don't think you accounted for leadership in your calculations for split damage, which is why the reports don't reflect the calculations too well.

Edit: The way you have intel written out in your guide reflects Age I. On Age II, intel will add on to life directly instead of adding to defense, and there is no limit to how high life can go.
    Last edited by Blah99200; 11-18-2012 at 01:04 AM.
    NA24: CELTS - Retired
    NA33: INSOMNIA - Retired
    NA43: Relapse

Nah i didnt actually, it was 9 months or so ago, so i was still learning and such, but i'm happy with what i've got, but thats the best lead i've had on split damage before.

Edit: Oh really?, I didn't know that, I didnt really want to look into heroes on this guide, or any intel etc, but a friend of mine told me like 111 intel or something on rams give them max life so i threw that in there for the hell of it, but i guess ill delete that bit, thanks

Also, im not familiar with this forum but why arent any of my posts and stuffs popping up?
    Last edited by The Real Gilgad; 11-18-2012 at 04:20 AM.

Wow! I have seen very few comprehensive guides of this sort come out in the last year or more. The reasoning and examples for everything are very well explained and the wording is easy to understand. Some of the terms u used were a little foreign as u practically pioneered some of this stuff ("soaking up" in split damage). Overall a good guide and enjoyable. Thank you for making this I will be sharing this with some of my alliance members as it is a GREAT guide.

+rep from me
    Stal/Nerds
    Age1 - s152 - Rebellion/TAKEDOWN (retired)
    Age2 - CA4 - CandySto/187, 21, ReU/666/666_324 (Found Partner) (dormant)
    CoE - ClosedBeta1 - TAKEDOWN (left/got bored)
    Discipline Honor Determination

Great guide very well explained +rep

Thank you!! Glad it helped!

I'm suprised why some peoples comments appear and some don't? My friend told me on skype he commented but theres nothing here?

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Gilgad View Post
    Thank you!! Glad it helped!

I'm suprised why some peoples comments appear and some don't? My friend told me on skype he commented but theres nothing here?
    My guess is that his message hasn't been approved by the moderator...

i had a quick flick through it and it looked good, will refer people to it if i need to point someone in the direction of a mechanics thread.

Good Job

YNWA

RETIRED
    XxGamblexX aka RedEyeJedi
    S137 ~ SS54 ~ NA13 ~ NA21 ~ CA1

Nice Guide, Easy explained, +rep

I would go with some Highlight Font Colour to Keep the reader interested, and definitely need to edit the Skype Convo in Part II all in all, I enjoyed it!
    Last edited by Nammy; 11-18-2012 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Stal View Post
    Wow! I have seen very few comprehensive guides of this sort come out in the last year or more. The reasoning and examples for everything are very well explained and the wording is easy to understand. Some of the terms u used were a little foreign as u practically pioneered some of this stuff ("soaking up" in split damage). Overall a good guide and enjoyable. Thank you for making this I will be sharing this with some of my alliance members as it is a GREAT guide.

+rep from me
    Thanks man! I'll try to make it more simple for foreigners, but i'm out all today

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    i had a quick flick through it and it looked good, will refer people to it if i need to point someone in the direction of a mechanics thread.

Good Job
    Thanks bro, although, there are many fine details in the guide and you wont pick them up if you flick through it :/ lots of have told me so far that at first they flicked through it, then they actually read it, it made so much more of a difference.

But thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nammy View Post
    Nice Guide, Easy explained, +rep

I would go with some Highlight Font Colour to Keep the reader interested, and definitely need to edit the Skype Convo in Part II all in all, I enjoyed it!
    I've never been good with all that highlighting stuff, could you make suggestions to help me out? (You will be mentioned of course).

And thank you for responding!

Some people have told me that the battlefield range setter section is the only part they don't understand, I thought that I made that bit simple enough, but now I realise that you do need some basic evony mechanics in your head to understand this guide, I might make a begginers guide, i might not, not sure.

If you don't have a forum account and want to send me feedback, email: pwnd140@gmail.com I check it daily and will respond.

MORE FEEDBACK PPLZ!! Love feedback, it's never a bad thing.
    Last edited by The Real Gilgad; 11-18-2012 at 02:39 PM.